Getting better with every episode

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Oct 21, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Oct 21, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    chuckcar Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote in
    news:i9qdq4$124$-september.org:

    > http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69J35X20101020

    It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    universes. After all it's quite difficult to have an explosion without
    something to explode *into*. And no, it's *not* in 3 dimensions. The
    universe we know *is* the explosion, strange as that sounds. There *is*
    no place you can point and say "that's where the big bang occured".

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 21, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    Buffalo Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > OldGringo38 <> wrote in
    >
    >> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69J35X20101020

    > It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    > universes. After all it's quite difficult to have an explosion without
    > something to explode *into*. And no, it's *not* in 3 dimensions. The
    > universe we know *is* the explosion, strange as that sounds. There
    > *is* no place you can point and say "that's where the big bang
    > occured".

    I dunno, I had my first big bang many years ago and I still remember
    'where'..
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Oct 21, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >OldGringo38 <> wrote in

    >> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69J35X20101020

    >It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    >universes. After all it's quite difficult to have an explosion without
    >something to explode *into*. And no, it's *not* in 3 dimensions. The
    >universe we know *is* the explosion, strange as that sounds. There *is*
    >no place you can point and say "that's where the big bang occured".

    Just where did you get your Doctorate in Theoretical Physics?

    Mike "or did you study cosmetology by mistake?" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Oct 21, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    Anyone Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote on 21-Oct-10 15:11 ...
    > http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69J35X20101020

    I'll disagree with the quote. Seems to me that more than a little of it
    -is- the stuff of Science Fiction, or artificial construct intended to
    make some other model look more believable.

    Anyone, Oct 21, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    Anyone Guest

    chuckcar wrote on 21-Oct-10 15:36 ...
    > OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >
    >> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69J35X20101020

    > It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    > universes. After all it's quite difficult to have an explosion without
    > something to explode *into*.

    That is your first error.

    Anyone, Oct 21, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    chuckcar Guest

    Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    > chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>OldGringo38 <> wrote in

    >>> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69J35X20101020

    >>It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    >>universes. After all it's quite difficult to have an explosion without
    >>something to explode *into*. And no, it's *not* in 3 dimensions. The
    >>universe we know *is* the explosion, strange as that sounds. There
    >>*is* no place you can point and say "that's where the big bang
    >>occured".

    > Just where did you get your Doctorate in Theoretical Physics?
    >
    > Mike "or did you study cosmetology by mistake?" Yetto

    No, not by mistake. I paid $400 for the term. You don't need to have a
    degree in physics to understand relativity either. Cripes, kids learn it
    in high school.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 22, 2010
  8. OldGringo38

    freemont Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:36:05 +0000, chuckcar writ:

    > It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    > universes.

    Is there anything you don't know?
    --
    â‚ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    â‚ Beware the 24hoursupport tards:

    freemont, Oct 22, 2010
  9. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    You fucking owe me a fucking new fucking monitor, fucking amusing ****.

    --
    The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by
    the Government of Oceania itself, ’just to keep people frightened’.

    Aardvark, Oct 22, 2010
  10. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/21/2010 5:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >
    >> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69J35X20101020

    > It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    > universes. After all it's quite difficult to have an explosion without
    > something to explode *into*. And no, it's *not* in 3 dimensions. The
    > universe we know *is* the explosion, strange as that sounds. There *is*
    > no place you can point and say "that's where the big bang occured".

    Remember the Big Bang is still in its theory stage.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Oct 22, 2010
  11. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/21/2010 5:41 PM Just to please that super-ego, Buffalo wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >>
    >>> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69J35X20101020

    >> It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    >> universes. After all it's quite difficult to have an explosion without
    >> something to explode *into*. And no, it's *not* in 3 dimensions. The
    >> universe we know *is* the explosion, strange as that sounds. There
    >> *is* no place you can point and say "that's where the big bang
    >> occured".

    > I dunno, I had my first big bang many years ago and I still remember
    > 'where'..
    > Buffalo

    LOL

    OldGringo38, Oct 22, 2010
  12. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/21/2010 7:41 PM Just to please that super-ego, freemont wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:36:05 +0000, chuckcar writ:
    >
    >> It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    >> universes.

    > Is there anything you don't know?

    *Best Laugh Of The Day Award*

    OldGringo38, Oct 22, 2010
  13. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/21/2010 5:46 PM Just to please that super-ego, Anyone > wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote on 21-Oct-10 15:11 ...
    >> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69J35X20101020

    > I'll disagree with the quote. Seems to me that more than a little of it
    > -is- the stuff of Science Fiction, or artificial construct intended to
    > make some other model look more believable.

    Could Be

    OldGringo38, Oct 22, 2010
  14. On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:41:34 +0000, freemont
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:36:05 +0000, chuckcar writ:
    >
    >> It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    >> universes.

    >Is there anything you don't know?

    Now THAT is funny!

    BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com, Oct 22, 2010
  15. chuckcar <> via news:Xns9E19426ED5CD4chuck@127.0.0.1:

    > OldGringo38 <> wrote in
    >
    >> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69J35X20101020

    > It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    > universes. After all it's quite difficult to have an explosion without
    > something to explode *into*. And no, it's *not* in 3 dimensions. The
    > universe we know *is* the explosion, strange as that sounds. There *is*
    > no place you can point and say "that's where the big bang occured".

    That's because it already *EXPLODED*... you silly dumbass.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe."
    -- Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (And some breath-freshening gum... just in case I run into any
    pretty white ladies who need some nurturing and survival guidance.)

    Bucky Breeder, Oct 22, 2010
  16. chuckcar wrote:
    > Mike Yetto <> wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>> OldGringo38 <> wrote in
    >>> It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    >>> universes. After all it's quite difficult to have an explosion without
    >>> something to explode *into*. And no, it's *not* in 3 dimensions. The
    >>> universe we know *is* the explosion, strange as that sounds. There
    >>> *is* no place you can point and say "that's where the big bang
    >>> occured".

    >> Just where did you get your Doctorate in Theoretical Physics?
    >>
    >> Mike "or did you study cosmetology by mistake?" Yetto

    > No, not by mistake. I paid $400 for the term. You don't need to have a
    > degree in physics to understand relativity either. Cripes, kids learn it
    > in high school.

    Heres a much better illustration of the dynamics involved in the rapid
    expansion of matter at all places at all times:
    http://www.physicsforums.com/archive/index.php/t-227493.html

    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 22, 2010
  17. OldGringo38

    Jordon Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > On 10/21/2010 5:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >>
    >>> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69J35X20101020

    >> It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    >> universes. After all it's quite difficult to have an explosion without
    >> something to explode *into*. And no, it's *not* in 3 dimensions. The
    >> universe we know *is* the explosion, strange as that sounds. There *is*
    >> no place you can point and say "that's where the big bang occured".
    >>

    > Remember the Big Bang is still in its theory stage.

    So's gravity.

    Jordon, Oct 22, 2010
  18. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/22/2010 11:36 AM Just to please that super-ego, Jordon wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 10/21/2010 5:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> OldGringo38<> wrote in

    >>> It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    >>> universes. After all it's quite difficult to have an explosion without
    >>> something to explode *into*. And no, it's *not* in 3 dimensions. The
    >>> universe we know *is* the explosion, strange as that sounds. There *is*
    >>> no place you can point and say "that's where the big bang occured".
    >>>

    >> Remember the Big Bang is still in its theory stage.

    > So's gravity.

    LOL <g>

    OldGringo38, Oct 22, 2010
  19. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:36:00 -0700, Jordon wrote:

    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 10/21/2010 5:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> OldGringo38<> wrote in

    >>> It's arguably impossible to have the big bang without parallel
    >>> universes. After all it's quite difficult to have an explosion without
    >>> something to explode *into*. And no, it's *not* in 3 dimensions. The
    >>> universe we know *is* the explosion, strange as that sounds. There
    >>> *is* no place you can point and say "that's where the big bang
    >>> occured".
    >>>

    >> Remember the Big Bang is still in its theory stage.

    > So's gravity.

    It seems to work, though.

    Aardvark, Oct 22, 2010
  20. OldGringo38

    Jordon Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:36:00 -0700, Jordon wrote:
    >
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> On 10/21/2010 5:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> Remember the Big Bang is still in its theory stage.

    >> So's gravity.

    > It seems to work, though.

    As a motorcycle rider, I know that quite well.

    Jordon, Oct 22, 2010