    do I get it to simply open the doc in Acrobat, outside a FF window?

    TIA

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 7, 2006

  2. Dan

    Timo Salmi Guest

    Dan <> wrote:
    > Running FF 1.5.0.7 + Acrobat Pro 6.0. Although I have "Diplay PDF in
    > Browser" unchecked in Acrobat, & PDF files are set to "Open in Adobe
    > Acrobat" in FF, any pdf I encounter in FF is opened in a FF window. How
    > do I get it to simply open the doc in Acrobat, outside a FF window?

    Save the PDF file. Then open it.

    All the best, Timo

    Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa
    mailto: <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/> ; FIN-65101, Finland
    Timo's FAQ materials at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

    Timo Salmi, Oct 7, 2006

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Timo Salmi wrote:
    > Dan <> wrote:
    >> Running FF 1.5.0.7 + Acrobat Pro 6.0. Although I have "Diplay PDF in
    >> Browser" unchecked in Acrobat, & PDF files are set to "Open in Adobe
    >> Acrobat" in FF, any pdf I encounter in FF is opened in a FF window.
    >> How do I get it to simply open the doc in Acrobat, outside a FF window?

    > Save the PDF file. Then open it.
    >
    > All the best, Timo

    Thanks. An effective work around, but I know you can get the browser to
    just launch Acrobat & open the doc there, I've done it before. Just
    can't remember HOW ;-/

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 7, 2006
  4. Dan

    Olgierd Guest

    Osoba przedstawiaj±ca siê jako *Dan* stuknê³a w klawisze i oto co
    powsta³o:

    > Thanks. An effective work around, but I know you can get the browser to
    > just launch Acrobat & open the doc there, I've done it before. Just
    > can't remember HOW

    There's an extension to do this but sorry I don't remember its name (PDF
    Viewer?)

    --
    pozdrawiam serdecznie, Olgierd
    || JID:eek: || http://olgierd.wordpress.com ||

    Olgierd, Oct 7, 2006
  5. Dan

    Faun Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Running FF 1.5.0.7 + Acrobat Pro 6.0. Although I have "Diplay PDF in
    > Browser" unchecked in Acrobat, & PDF files are set to "Open in Adobe
    > Acrobat" in FF, any pdf I encounter in FF is opened in a FF window. How
    > do I get it to simply open the doc in Acrobat, outside a FF window?

    You can try options -> Downloads -> View&Edit Actions, then double-click
    the PDF thingy, and select "Open them with this application." Find the
    AcroRd32.exe file and accept changes.

    If it still doesn't work, check that you don't have several lines in
    actions with PDF on them. If yes, remove the dupes. "There can be only
    one."
    --
    faun.

    Faun, Oct 7, 2006
  6. Dan

    Doug G Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > Running FF 1.5.0.7 + Acrobat Pro 6.0. Although I have "Diplay PDF in
    > Browser" unchecked in Acrobat, & PDF files are set to "Open in Adobe
    > Acrobat" in FF, any pdf I encounter in FF is opened in a FF window. How
    > do I get it to simply open the doc in Acrobat, outside a FF window?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dan

    I renamed all instances of nppdf32.dll on my hard drive and now I'm
    asked what I want to happen to PDF file links I right click.

    Doug G, Oct 7, 2006
  7. Dan

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 12:12:55 -0700, in message <>,
    Dan wrote:

    > Running FF 1.5.0.7 + Acrobat Pro 6.0. Although I have "Diplay PDF in
    > Browser" unchecked in Acrobat, & PDF files are set to "Open in Adobe
    > Acrobat" in FF, any pdf I encounter in FF is opened in a FF window. How
    > do I get it to simply open the doc in Acrobat, outside a FF window?

    Reapply this fix

    http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=

    Update to the referenced message:

    3. If the value of the preference "plugin.expose_full_path"
    is not "true", then change it to "true".
    Right-click on this preference name and choose "Toggle"
    from the right-click context menu.

    Ralph Fox, Oct 8, 2006
  8. Dan

    Victor Guest

    Are you using Windows 98SE?

    This is a known problem with Acrobat 5 and later with Win98SE, when you have "Display
    PDF in browser" unchecked, it still opens in a browser window. It's a bug with Acrobat
    versions 5 and later with Win98SE (with Win2K or later, or, with Acrobat 4, there should
    be no problem).

    Vic

    Victor, Oct 8, 2006
  9. On 2006-10-07, Dan <> wrote:

    > Running FF 1.5.0.7 + Acrobat Pro 6.0. Although I have "Diplay PDF in
    > Browser" unchecked in Acrobat, & PDF files are set to "Open in Adobe
    > Acrobat" in FF, any pdf I encounter in FF is opened in a FF window. How
    > do I get it to simply open the doc in Acrobat, outside a FF window?

    Try the "PDF Download" extension.

    --

    -John ()

    John Thompson, Oct 8, 2006
  10. Dan

    Dan Guest

    John Thompson wrote:
    > On 2006-10-07, Dan <> wrote:
    >
    >> Running FF 1.5.0.7 + Acrobat Pro 6.0. Although I have "Diplay PDF in
    >> Browser" unchecked in Acrobat, & PDF files are set to "Open in Adobe
    >> Acrobat" in FF, any pdf I encounter in FF is opened in a FF window. How
    >> do I get it to simply open the doc in Acrobat, outside a FF window?

    > Try the "PDF Download" extension.

    Thanks for all the replies. Nope, not the Win98 thing, I'm running xp
    home sp2. The thing is, I HAVE been able to get it to quite this in the
    past. I just built a new machine & I can't for the life of me remember
    WHAT I DID before ;-\ I'll try the suggestions, thanks again.

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 9, 2006
  11. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 12:12:55 -0700, in message <>,
    > Dan wrote:
    >
    >> Running FF 1.5.0.7 + Acrobat Pro 6.0. Although I have "Diplay PDF in
    >> Browser" unchecked in Acrobat, & PDF files are set to "Open in Adobe
    >> Acrobat" in FF, any pdf I encounter in FF is opened in a FF window. How
    >> do I get it to simply open the doc in Acrobat, outside a FF window?

    > Reapply this fix
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=
    >

    > Update to the referenced message:
    >
    > 3. If the value of the preference "plugin.expose_full_path"
    > is not "true", then change it to "true".
    > Right-click on this preference name and choose "Toggle"
    > from the right-click context menu.

    Well now Ralph this is REALLY embarrasing. That was MY POST. Not only
    do I NOT remember the fix (renaming nppdf32.dll worked, BTW), I don't
    even remember POSTING THE BLOODY MESSAGE! My god I'm getting old! ;-)
    Anyway, THANKS Ralph, for the SECOND TIME!!!

    OK, I'm making a COPY of the fix this time!!!

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 9, 2006