    country, and would like them to be able to call you cheaply...

    Regards,
    Jose

    Jose, Jan 10, 2008

  2. Jose

    Phil Collin Guest

    Re: Getting a Voip-in # from BetaMax in a country you don't livein?

    All sign up to the same provider, then your calls are free...

    Phil Collin, Jan 10, 2008

  3. "Jose" <> schreef in bericht

    > Suppose you have family in one country, and you live in a diferent
    > country, and would like them to be able to call you cheaply...

    This works perfectly ..... but only for the countries where Betamax issues
    Voip-in numbers
    However you will need to indicate the country of your choice as your country
    during registration

    I have a german Betamax number, a dutch and a french one

    rgds
    Ph

    Philippe Deleye, Jan 10, 2008
  4. Jose

    Jose Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:15:04 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
    <> wrote:

    >However you will need to indicate the country of your choice as your country
    >during registration

    It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for the tip!

    Regards,
    Jose

    PS - Can you forward incoming calls on those Betamax numbers to any
    other number? I'm still trying, using the PAP2 settings, so far with
    no luck, still hoping it's just something Betamax systems' will have
    worked out in a few hours, as sometimes the call doesn't complete at
    all, or I get a message "This user is not online at the moment" (which
    is not true).

    Jose, Jan 11, 2008
  5. Jose wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:15:04 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> However you will need to indicate the country of your choice as your
    >> country during registration

    > It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for the tip!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jose
    >
    > PS - Can you forward incoming calls on those Betamax numbers to any
    > other number? I'm still trying, using the PAP2 settings, so far with
    > no luck, still hoping it's just something Betamax systems' will have
    > worked out in a few hours, as sometimes the call doesn't complete at
    > all, or I get a message "This user is not online at the moment" (which
    > is not true).

    Yes, you can forwards calls, you log in on the website and then go to client
    settings, then chose forward calls...

    --
    Worried about debt?
    http://www.cccs.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 11, 2008
  6. "Jose" <> wrote in message

    > It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for the tip!

    Just for my interest:
    * for which country you succeeded in getting a Voip-in nr
    * what area code ?

    Ph

    Philippe Deleye, Jan 11, 2008
  7. Jose

    Jose Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:45:39 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >Yes, you can forwards calls, you log in on the website and then go to client
    >settings, then chose forward calls...

    Amen to that brother, you've found the hidden treasure! It's already
    working!

    Best,
    Jose

    Jose, Jan 11, 2008
  8. Jose

    Jose Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:35:23 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
    <> wrote:

    >Just for my interest:
    > * for which country you succeeded in getting a Voip-in nr
    > * what area code ?

    I hadn't a speciall interest in this or that country, but I had a
    slight preference for UK numbers, and knew that Betamax was assigning
    Voip-INs there.

    So, I registered as living in the UK, and got a Voip-In number:
    0560-xxx.xxxx.

    Regards,
    Jose

    Jose, Jan 11, 2008
  9. Jose

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jose" <> wrote in message
    : : On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:35:23 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
    : : <> wrote:
    : :
    : : : Just for my interest:
    : : : * for which country you succeeded in getting a
    : : : Voip-in nr
    : : : * what area code ?
    : :
    : : I hadn't a speciall interest in this or that country,
    : : but I had a slight preference for UK numbers, and knew
    : : that Betamax was assigning Voip-INs there.
    : :
    : : So, I registered as living in the UK, and got a Voip-In
    : : number: 0560-xxx.xxxx.

    Oh dear. Couldn't you get a proper number..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 11, 2008
  10. Jose

    Iain Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > Oh dear. Couldn't you get a proper number..?

    Well, that's all I could get. One Euro down the drain.

    Iain

    Iain, Jan 11, 2008
  11. Jose

    Jono Guest

    Iain wrote :
    > <>

    Were you formerly known as "Hairydog"?

    Jono, Jan 11, 2008
  12. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > : : So, I registered as living in the UK, and got a Voip-In
    > : : number: 0560-xxx.xxxx.
    >
    > Oh dear. Couldn't you get a proper number..?

    I also got an 05601 number from Voipcheap.com. I raised this as another
    thread but didn't get a reply from anybody saying if any of the
    Finarea/Betamax providers provide a "proper" (i.e. geographic) incoming UK
    number. They certainly used to.

    JP

    Jeremy Porteous, Jan 12, 2008
  13. Jose

    Iain Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Iain wrote :
    >> <>

    > Were you formerly known as "Hairydog"?

    Well, that's the same person, but it was never my name.

    Iain, Jan 12, 2008
  14. Jose

    Jono Guest

    Iain presented the following explanation :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Iain wrote :
    >>> <>

    >> Were you formerly known as "Hairydog"?

    > Well, that's the same person, but it was never my name.

    as in hairydog@despammed...?

    I didn't think it was a real name!

    Had wondered where you'd gone, was all.

    Jono, Jan 12, 2008
  15. Jeremy Porteous wrote:
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    >> Oh dear. Couldn't you get a proper number..?

    > I also got an 05601 number from Voipcheap.com. I raised this as
    > another thread but didn't get a reply from anybody saying if any of
    > the Finarea/Betamax providers provide a "proper" (i.e. geographic)
    > incoming UK number. They certainly used to.
    >
    > JP

    They used to, yes. I have a few.

    It is still possible to get a 'proper' number for free and point it at the
    Betamax VoIP provider.

    Contact me for details if you require one.

    --
    Worried about debt?
    http://www.cccs.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 12, 2008
  16. Jose

    Iain Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > as in hairydog@despammed...?
    >
    > I didn't think it was a real name!
    >
    > Had wondered where you'd gone, was all.

    I've not gone anywhere, but despammed.com seems to have done. Can't make
    it work at all now.

    Iain, Jan 12, 2008
  17. {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Jeremy Porteous wrote:
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Oh dear. Couldn't you get a proper number..?

    >> I also got an 05601 number from Voipcheap.com. I raised this as
    >> another thread but didn't get a reply from anybody saying if any of
    >> the Finarea/Betamax providers provide a "proper" (i.e. geographic)
    >> incoming UK number. They certainly used to.
    >>
    >> JP

    > They used to, yes. I have a few.
    >
    > It is still possible to get a 'proper' number for free and point it
    > at the Betamax VoIP provider.
    >
    > Contact me for details if you require one.

    Sorry, no longer available. Such a shame.

    --
    Worried about debt?
    http://www.cccs.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 12, 2008
  18. Jose

    Jose Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:05:14 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Oh dear. Couldn't you get a proper number..?

    1) BetaMax says it's a Voip-In number they're selling you, *before*
    you confirm you purchase.

    2) Not sure what you mean by a "proper number", but you get a 0845/4,
    a national number, or a regional one, at www.pimpmynumber.co.uk, and
    they use SIP to forward to a Voip provider (other than Betamax, that
    is).

    Jose

    Jose, Jan 13, 2008
  19. Jose

    Jose Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:36:53 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >It is still possible to get a 'proper' number for free and point it at the
    >Betamax VoIP provider.

    Albeit at a cost, as far as I understand, as Betamax seems to be very
    "selective" about which Voip providers they let in through SIP, which
    would mean you'd have to route your incoming calls to the Vopi-In 0560
    from Betamax.

    Am I wrong??

    Jose

    Jose, Jan 13, 2008
  20. Jose wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:36:53 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> It is still possible to get a 'proper' number for free and point it
    >> at the Betamax VoIP provider.

    > Albeit at a cost, as far as I understand, as Betamax seems to be very
    > "selective" about which Voip providers they let in through SIP, which
    > would mean you'd have to route your incoming calls to the Vopi-In 0560
    > from Betamax.
    >
    > Am I wrong??
    >
    > Jose

    There wasn't a cost.

    You just entered your username and @sip.voipdiscount.com and it worked same
    with the other Betamax VoIP services.

    You paid nothing for the local number and no monthly fees, and no costs for
    it SIP forwarding.

    --
    Worried about debt?
    http://www.cccs.co.uk