Getting a QUARTZ.DLL error with Windows Media Player 10 - help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Michael B., May 6, 2006.

  1. Michael B.

    Michael B. Guest

    I am getting a QUARTZ.DLL error when I try to play some (AVI) video files
    via my Windows Media Player 10. I have tried to re-install DirectX 9.0c,
    but the problem is still happening. Also, it seems like QUARTZ.DLL is a
    system protected file, so I cannot do anything with it.

    Here is exactly the error that I am getting
    ---------
    AppName: wmplayer.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.3931 ModName: quartz.dll
    ModVer: 6.5.2600.2749 Offset: 00095f71
    ---------

    I have also tried to figure out how I can re-install Windows Media Player
    10, but since I clean-installed my Windows XP SP2 just recently, there is no
    "previous" version to go back to. And if I download and try to install the
    whole thing (WMP10) -- it won't let me install as it tells me that I already
    have a later version.

    Also, the video files that are not playing are playing fine with other
    players such as Quicktime. I have tried everything (uninstalling XVid, DivX
    codes, unistalling Quicktime) but no avail.

    Need advise.

    Michael B., May 6, 2006