    What is the reason I am getting this message and how to eliminate
    this?
    Using I.E. version 7.0.5730.11

    Fred J, Dec 30, 2006

  2. Fred J

    Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote:

    >After I close the Internet Explorer I get the following message
    >"The instruction "0x371351 referenced memory at 0x00000004",
    >The memory could not be read, click on O.K. to terminate the
    >program.
    >What is the reason I am getting this message and how to eliminate
    >this?
    >Using I.E. version 7.0.5730.11

    Right click on "My Computer", Properties, Advanced, Performance
    settings, DEP tab.

    Click on DEP exemptions, then select your problem program(s).

    DEP is SP2's answer to buffer overflow exploits, it finds a
    lot of false positives, I have Explorer selected in my list (one of
    many legit programs), If you trust the program let it run.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2mempr.mspx
    --
    The Top Ten Astronomy Images of 2006
    http://tinyurl.com/y5nnks