    (one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating were
    I buy my DVDs.
    Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?

    The Man With No Name, Jul 6, 2005

  2. The Man With No Name

    Idunno? Guest

    The Man With No Name wrote:
    > For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just checked my
    > order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for some reason they
    > still haven't filled the last few items,) and the price has gone up $8 (this
    > was *after* I made my order (no I'm not talking about shipping-charges.
    > Seems that several of the items have increased in price by a dollar.))
    > Add to which, the fact that my last order took about three-weeks to arrive
    > (one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating were
    > I buy my DVDs.
    > Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?

    They have just had a long weekend in the US being Independence day so
    maybe that is why not filled? Have you e-mailed them? They respond to
    and rectify any problems very quickly in my experience. I am guessing
    not otheriwse you would not be posting here. No problems here with
    pacific. As for delivery times this is a post office problem and not
    really something pacific can do much with. Did you check the post date
    on your shipment? If dated from post office when they say they shipped
    then you should maybe speak with your local PO perhaps.

    Idunno?, Jul 6, 2005

  3. The Man With No Name

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful The Man With No Name
    declared:
    > For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just
    > checked my order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for
    > some reason they still haven't filled the last few items,) and
    > the price has gone up $8 (this was *after* I made my order (no
    > I'm not talking about shipping-charges. Seems that several of the
    > items have increased in price by a dollar.)) Add to which, the
    > fact that my last order took about three-weeks to arrive (one day
    > short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating
    > were I buy my DVDs. Has there been a recent change in management
    > at DVDPacific?

    On the other hand, my copy of the new Bill and Ted boxset arrived on
    Friday, a full week and a half before its release date.

    What shipping option are you using? I know their cheapest method
    takes absurdly long, which is why I always go for the standard shipping.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Zapp Brannigan: The key to victory is discipline, and that means a

    Sean O'Hara, Jul 6, 2005
  4. The Man With No Name

    Harry Guest

    Sean O'Hara wrote:
    > In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful The Man With No Name
    > declared:
    > > For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just
    > > checked my order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for
    > > some reason they still haven't filled the last few items,) and
    > > the price has gone up $8 (this was *after* I made my order (no
    > > I'm not talking about shipping-charges. Seems that several of the
    > > items have increased in price by a dollar.)) Add to which, the
    > > fact that my last order took about three-weeks to arrive (one day
    > > short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating
    > > were I buy my DVDs. Has there been a recent change in management
    > > at DVDPacific?
    > >

    > On the other hand, my copy of the new Bill and Ted boxset arrived on
    > Friday, a full week and a half before its release date.
    >
    > What shipping option are you using? I know their cheapest method
    > takes absurdly long, which is why I always go for the standard shipping.

    Use priorty mail and deliveries are quick. Surface mail can take some
    time though. Mine arrive within the week normally with Priority. All my
    orders for titles listed in stock generally ship within 24 hours or
    quicker. Never seen a title change price in my account and I have LOTS
    of orders with DVD Pacific. They have changed at the site but price in
    my account always remains the same as when I ordered it. Are you sure
    your looking in the correct currency selection? I have done this before
    and then realised was not viewing in Aussie Dollars. DVD Pacific are an
    excellent place to shop for region 1 DVD's and as was mentioned prior
    just e-mail them if you ever have any problems as they always answer
    quickly. This is one thing I love about them. You get e-mails answered
    by real people and not those automated junk.

    Harry, Jul 6, 2005
  5. The Man With No Name

    Mark Spiteri Guest

    Recently discovered this company through Bizrate and have had nothing but
    first class service from them. I do hope there is no changes in
    management/ownership as presently extremely happy. I have been using USPS
    First Class/Priority and receiving them within 2 to 3 days here in NC. A
    larger order I had sent FedEx Ground and that took 3 days but I liked that I
    could have insured and with tracking.

    Mark Spiteri, Jul 6, 2005
  6. The Man With No Name

    shaun cooper Guest

    surely couldnt be worse than fukn dvd soon

    shaun cooper, Jul 7, 2005
  7. The Man With No Name

    Film Buff Guest

    My one complaint with them is advertising an item as being in stock -
    placing an order for it - and getting an e-mail saying it hasn't
    arrived and is backordered.
    The last time this happened I went ahead and told them to go ahead and
    leave it in BO status and ship it to me when it arrived. Six weeks
    later I still had not heard from them and called them and they stated
    the item had still not been sent by their distributor.
    Now, if I place an order and an advertised item shows up as not in
    stock I cancel my order and go else where.
    DVD Pacific does not deal with any major distributors. I do not know
    who their distributor is but it is a small distributor and when an
    order is placed for a smaller title they have to let the distributor
    order it and he may or may not get it in.

    Otherwise when are in stock they are excellent about sending them and
    priority is the FASTEST!

    Film Buff, Jul 8, 2005
  8. Re: DVD Pacific...

    > For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just checked my
    > order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for some reason they
    > still haven't filled the last few items,) and the price has gone up $8

    (this
    > was *after* I made my order (no I'm not talking about shipping-charges.
    > Seems that several of the items have increased in price by a dollar.))
    > Add to which, the fact that my last order took about three-weeks to

    arrive
    > (one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating

    were
    > I buy my DVDs.
    > Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?

    Quick update. I finally did contact DVDPacific, and it turns out the
    price-changes were just due to currency-conversion (the price is all
    calculated in US dollars, with the AUS dollars just being an estimate.)
    So; disregard my earlier criticisms. DVDPacific is still an excellent
    store.

    The Man With No Name, Jul 29, 2005
  9. The Man With No Name

    Goro Guest

    Re: DVD Pacific...

    The Man With No Name wrote:
    > "The Man With No Name" <> wrote in message
    > > For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just checked my
    > > order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for some reason they
    > > still haven't filled the last few items,) and the price has gone up $8

    > (this
    > > was *after* I made my order (no I'm not talking about shipping-charges.
    > > Seems that several of the items have increased in price by a dollar.))
    > > Add to which, the fact that my last order took about three-weeks to

    > arrive
    > > (one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating

    > were
    > > I buy my DVDs.
    > > Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?
    > >

    > Quick update. I finally did contact DVDPacific, and it turns out the
    > price-changes were just due to currency-conversion (the price is all
    > calculated in US dollars, with the AUS dollars just being an estimate.)
    > So; disregard my earlier criticisms. DVDPacific is still an excellent
    > store.

    ok. that's good. i've pre-orderd items at a low price and have had
    the price go up after i placed the order. The price for my pre-ordered
    stayed at the initial price.

    The only problem i've ever had with them is with returns. I've had a
    couple of RATTLERS (discs that come loose from the hub) and have had
    scratches on them so that they play erratically on some of my players.
    Unlike (say) Amazon who would just exchange it out for me, DVDPacific
    made me send the disc to them so that they could test it out on their
    dvd players. 4 weeks later, they told me that it played fine and that
    they would not exchange it. This really surprised me at the time b/c
    their customer service otherwise has been excellent.

    -goro-

    Goro, Jul 29, 2005
  10. The Man With No Name

    spodosaurus Guest

    Re: DVD Pacific...

    Goro wrote:
    > The Man With No Name wrote:
    >
    >>"The Man With No Name" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just checked my
    >>>order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for some reason they
    >>>still haven't filled the last few items,) and the price has gone up $8

    >>(this
    >>
    >>>was *after* I made my order (no I'm not talking about shipping-charges.
    >>>Seems that several of the items have increased in price by a dollar.))
    >>> Add to which, the fact that my last order took about three-weeks to

    >>arrive
    >>
    >>>(one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating

    >>were
    >>
    >>>I buy my DVDs.
    >>> Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?
    >>>

    >> Quick update. I finally did contact DVDPacific, and it turns out the
    >>price-changes were just due to currency-conversion (the price is all
    >>calculated in US dollars, with the AUS dollars just being an estimate.)
    >> So; disregard my earlier criticisms. DVDPacific is still an excellent
    >>store.

    > ok. that's good. i've pre-orderd items at a low price and have had
    > the price go up after i placed the order. The price for my pre-ordered
    > stayed at the initial price.
    >
    > The only problem i've ever had with them is with returns. I've had a
    > couple of RATTLERS (discs that come loose from the hub) and have had
    > scratches on them so that they play erratically on some of my players.
    > Unlike (say) Amazon who would just exchange it out for me, DVDPacific
    > made me send the disc to them so that they could test it out on their
    > dvd players. 4 weeks later, they told me that it played fine and that
    > they would not exchange it. This really surprised me at the time b/c
    > their customer service otherwise has been excellent.
    >
    > -goro-

    I prefer DVDPacific to DVDSoon, but DVDPacific's policy of having me
    ship defective discs back to them from Australia is really shitting me.
    DVDSoon just send out replacement discs when required. Smallville season
    3 from DVDPacific had three EXTREMELY scratched discs...had to wait
    about a month before getting the replacement ones back. Not happy.

    Ari

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

    spodosaurus, Jul 29, 2005
  11. The Man With No Name

    P`Wolverine Guest

    Re: DVD Pacific...

    i've jsut placed my first order with DVDpacific - previously only
    using DVDsoon, and have tried them out because of the new
    DVDsoon title not having free shipping for Icard members (whats
    the point of that?). but i've had numerous discs over the years
    come loose during shipping and haven't had any problems getting
    a replacement. It sounds like DVDpacific's policy could be really
    annoying.

    [Boom Shanka]
    [P`Wolverine]

    P`Wolverine, Jul 30, 2005
  12. The Man With No Name

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    Re: DVD Pacific...

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:56:56 +1000, "P`Wolverine"
    <> wrote:

    >i've jsut placed my first order with DVDpacific - previously only
    >using DVDsoon, and have tried them out because of the new
    >DVDsoon title not having free shipping for Icard members (whats
    >the point of that?). but i've had numerous discs over the years
    >come loose during shipping and haven't had any problems getting
    >a replacement. It sounds like DVDpacific's policy could be really
    >annoying.
    >
    > [Boom Shanka]
    > [P`Wolverine]

    I've ordered around 90 titles from DVDPACIFIC and only one of the
    discs came loose. Thankfully there was no damage to the disc. Sending
    the discs back would be very annoying if it did happen to me. As bad
    as DVDSOON are with the wait for DVDS to come in, I will give them
    impressive thumbs up on replacing product. I had a Looney Tunes Box
    Set arrive that was cracked. DVDSOON sent me out a replacement and I
    didn't have to send the original one back.

    My father has had CDs that were cracked from an unrelated store (not
    mentioned here) and he was required to send them back to the store he
    received it from. While a nuisance, the chance of receiving damage
    product tends to be relatively rare.

    - NewcastleBoy

    NewcastleBoy, Jul 30, 2005