GETTIN HIGH ON PANOS !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Dec 1, 2004.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Annika1980

    Aerticeus Guest

    Tsk Annika!

    How many times have you to be told?

    IPTC and Copyright information should -nay! must! - be entered before an
    image goes public!

    Right out 1,000 times

    I give all non-copyrighted images free to the world and Homer Simpson is one
    ace guy

    Aerticeus

    ps - fab image

    Aerticeus, Dec 1, 2004

  3. "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    > Perhaps you've seen the Haleakala Crater on Maui, but I'll bet you've

    never
    > seen it like this:

    > (pBase is sluggish right now, but this one is worth the wait.)

    Yes. Worth the wait. That's lovely.

    I much prefer panos that aren't ridiculously wide*, and this and your
    super-stich pano really work as photographs, not just gimmicks. Good work!

    *: The night pano of Paris someone posted the other day was a
    counterexample: that one flew because there was so much interesting detail
    to focus in on all along the thing.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, Dec 2, 2004
  4. Annika1980

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    >Perhaps you've seen the Haleakala Crater on Maui, but I'll bet you've never
    >seen it like this:
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/37015823/original
    >
    >(pBase is sluggish right now, but this one is worth the wait.)

    And people say that Haleakala can't be photographed, except at dawn. Looks
    like you got a clear day. The pano looks a little compressed on the horizontal
    axis. Is this my imagination, or lack of long-term memory?

    Hunt
    Hunt, Dec 2, 2004
  5. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: (Hunt)

    >And people say that Haleakala can't be photographed, except at dawn. Looks
    >like you got a clear day. The pano looks a little compressed on the
    >horizontal
    >axis. Is this my imagination, or lack of long-term memory?

    Yeah, that was kind of the point.
    The original looks like this:
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/36131842
    Annika1980, Dec 2, 2004
  6. Annika1980

    Mark² Guest

    "Hunt" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,

    > says...
    > >
    > >Perhaps you've seen the Haleakala Crater on Maui, but I'll bet you've

    never
    > >seen it like this:
    > >
    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/37015823/original
    > >
    > >(pBase is sluggish right now, but this one is worth the wait.)

    > And people say that Haleakala can't be photographed, except at dawn. Looks
    > like you got a clear day.

    Dawn shmawn...
    Here it is just before sunSET:
    http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/36235344
    Mark², Dec 2, 2004
  7. Annika1980

    Mike F Guest

    You guys and your pictures are going to cost me !!
    Just going to have to see that place ourselves I can
    tell.

    mikey

    Mike F, Dec 3, 2004
  8. Annika1980

    Jon Pope Guest

    Didn't you know bret is paying for everyone to come and visit Maui

    Jon Pope, Dec 3, 2004
  9. Annika1980

    Don Dunlap Guest

    I was there several years ago and didn't get any good shots of the crater.
    There were low clouds or fog when I would go up the mountain. The best
    memory I have is riding a bike down the mountain. I think that they give
    you a tee shirt that says "I biked a Volcano" or something like that. Mine
    is probably still stored away somewhere. Anybody else take the ride?

    Don Dunlap

    Don Dunlap, Dec 3, 2004
  10. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Jon Pope"

    >Didn't you know bret is paying for everyone to come and visit Maui

    That's only for golfers.
    Although I'm sure I could arrange a Haleakala pano workshop as well.
    Annika1980, Dec 3, 2004
  11. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Don Dunlap"

    >The best
    >memory I have is riding a bike down the mountain. I think that they give
    >you a tee shirt that says "I biked a Volcano" or something like that. Mine
    >is probably still stored away somewhere. Anybody else take the ride?

    I clipped a couple of them on the way down.
    Annika1980, Dec 3, 2004
  12. Annika1980

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    >>From: (Hunt)

    >>And people say that Haleakala can't be photographed, except at dawn. Looks
    >>like you got a clear day. The pano looks a little compressed on the
    >>horizontal
    >>axis. Is this my imagination, or lack of long-term memory?

    >Yeah, that was kind of the point.
    >The original looks like this:
    >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/36131842

    Yes, that is what I recall. Seems as though you and I are the only two people
    to photograph Haleakala AFTER sunrise. Kinda' like a trip I took to Hilo and
    they had a drought. When I went over to Kona, I got rained on! When we did the
    Na'Pali cliffs, all the way round, we carried tons of rain gear and several
    Nikonos bodies - not a drop of rain!

    Hunt
    Hunt, Dec 4, 2004
  13. Annika1980

    Hunt Guest

    In article <yewrd.384682$a85.360191@fed1read04>,
    mjmorganlowestevennumberhere@cox..net says...

    >"Hunt" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,

    >> says...
    >> >
    >> >Perhaps you've seen the Haleakala Crater on Maui, but I'll bet you've

    >never
    >> >seen it like this:
    >> >
    >> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/37015823/original
    >> >
    >> >(pBase is sluggish right now, but this one is worth the wait.)

    >> And people say that Haleakala can't be photographed, except at dawn. Looks
    >> like you got a clear day.

    >Dawn shmawn...
    >Here it is just before sunSET:
    >http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/36235344

    Another lovely shot. Thanks for sharing.

    Hunt
    Hunt, Dec 4, 2004