GETTIN BUSY WITH THE 20D !

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Apr 2, 2007.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Apr 2, 2007

  2. Annika1980

    Alan Browne Guest

    Alan Browne, Apr 2, 2007

  3. Annika1980

    Guest

    , Apr 2, 2007
  4. Annika1980

    uw wayne Guest

    uw wayne, Apr 2, 2007
  5. Annika1980

    uw wayne Guest

    On Apr 1, 6:29 pm, "Annika1980" <> wrote:
    > Well, Macro Maniacs, the bugs are out
    > and they are already very "active."http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76510467
    >
    > These are a little more decent, I must say:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76510469
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76510470
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76510472

    Sorry for empty reply. Bret, the subject is terrific. The capture
    leaves a whole lot to be desired. You are one stubborn Southern
    S.O.A.B. Yeah, it (the subject) was active. But how about a mono
    instaed of your committed adversion to the use of a tripod. It would
    be a giant improvement. P.S. If you are fervent in your determination
    not to use "manual" IS (a tri/mono/pod), than get a real IS lens.

    uw wayne, Apr 2, 2007
  6. Annika1980

    Bob Williams Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Well, Macro Maniacs, the bugs are out
    > and they are already very "active."
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76510467

    Funneee!
    I've never seen bugs in a "menage a trois" before.
    The one in the middle is called "Lucky Pierre"
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Apr 2, 2007
  7. Annika1980

    Guest

    On Apr 2, 2:08 am, "uw wayne" <> wrote:
    > On Apr 1, 6:29 pm, "Annika1980" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Well, Macro Maniacs, the bugs are out
    > > and they are already very "active."http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76510467

    > > These are a little more decent, I must say:

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76510469

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76510470

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76510472

    > Sorry for empty reply. Bret, the subject is terrific. The capture
    > leaves a whole lot to be desired. You are one stubborn Southern
    > S.O.A.B. Yeah, it (the subject) was active. But how about a mono
    > instaed of your committed adversion to the use of a tripod. It would
    > be a giant improvement. P.S. If you are fervent in your determination
    > not to use "manual" IS (a tri/mono/pod), than get a real IS lens.

    You do realize that this is Macro photography. DOF is very shallow,
    especially when up this close. He focused on the eyes/face and that
    is what is sharp.
    Helen

    , Apr 2, 2007
  8. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Apr 2, 6:57 am, wrote:

    > You do realize that this is Macro photography. DOF is very shallow,
    > especially when up this close. He focused on the eyes/face and that
    > is what is sharp.

    I don't believe he understands that.
    A tripod would have made no difference.

    Not to mention the fact that the photo was taken on top of my deck
    railing.
    Think of taking a photo of a bug crawling across the top of a wall.
    Now how are you gonna position your tripod when the camera lens must
    be an inch or two from the bug (directly over the wall)?

    I may get a Gorillapod for just that situation, however.

    Annika1980, Apr 2, 2007
  9. Annika1980

    J. Clarke Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > On Apr 2, 6:57 am, wrote:
    >>
    >> You do realize that this is Macro photography. DOF is very shallow,
    >> especially when up this close. He focused on the eyes/face and that
    >> is what is sharp.

    > I don't believe he understands that.
    > A tripod would have made no difference.

    Now that depends on the lens you're using. Some macros will stop down
    into the f/40 range but I don't recommend that handheld unless the
    subject is a light bulb.

    > Not to mention the fact that the photo was taken on top of my deck
    > railing.
    > Think of taking a photo of a bug crawling across the top of a wall.
    > Now how are you gonna position your tripod when the camera lens must
    > be an inch or two from the bug (directly over the wall)?

    A tripod with a center post that can be aligned horizontally may help in
    a situation such as that. Manfrotto has several models that allow that.
    Gitzo has some that allow it to be set at any angle from below
    horizontal to vertical. Pro4 Imaging does the same and seems to carry
    it a little farther.

    > I may get a Gorillapod for just that situation, however.

    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    J. Clarke, Apr 2, 2007