    Does there anybody know how to turn off Wow64 file redirection on common
    file dialogs for 32-bit applications?

    Thanks.
    Xiao, Li, May 22, 2007

  2. Xiao, Li

    Xiao, Li Guest

    Thanks, the PDF describes the situation that I tried to avoid: is that
    possible for the 32-bit version of notepad.exe save a file into the real
    system32 folder?

    With my test, if I disable Wow64 file redirection in 32-bit application,
    GetOpenFileName/GetSaveFileName fails with no error (even
    CommDlgExtendedError() returns 0 which is generic error).

    I just didn't get it why common file dialogs fail if file redirection was
    disabled.

    Xiao, Li, May 23, 2007