GetOpenFileName failed after Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Famel, Nov 9, 2006.

  1. Famel

    Famel Guest

    Hello,

    I have a 32-bit application which needs to show a standard File Open common
    dialog on 64-bit Windows and user needs to be able to browse both system32
    and SysWow64 folder, so I added Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection before
    calling GetOpenFileName, and here is what happened:

    1) Without calling Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection, the dialog could be shown
    and user is able to browse both system32 and SysWow64, but definitely the
    system32 displayed in this dialog is just a shadow of SysWow64 because I
    cannot see the 64-bit exe that I put it using 64-bit Windows Explorer.

    2) With calling Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection, GetOpenFileName returns
    FALSE, the dialog was not shown, and GetLastError returns 0.

    I run the test on Vista 64-bit Ultimate build 5600, the 32-bit process has
    Vista specific manifest file which requires Admin.

    Is this a bug in the build of Vista I am using, or 32-bit process needs to
    something else to show a common file dialog which can shows content in real
    system32 besides calling Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection? Thanks.

    Famel, Nov 9, 2006