  1. Talk about outsourcing. The MS book that I had bought for ex-70-316
    had the practice test from "NIIT" a well known company in India for
    edu.

    Humber Consumer, May 25, 2004

  2. Humber Consumer

    Dhaba Guest

    Get used to it, might help. Table is turning... stay away from corners or it
    might hurt.

    Dhaba, May 25, 2004

  3. >Table is turning... stay away from corners or it
    >might hurt.

    and it will turn back again, as it has done a number of times before.

    I keep saying this, but the only reason outsourcing 'seems' cheap, is
    because far too many IT infrastructures are an embarrassment, and as
    such, cannot support the business.

    In all walks of business today, the one's who react quickest to market
    change, wins. IT holds the key to achieving this, but in order to make
    this so, the IT infrastructure needs to understand the business, and
    there ain't no one better than your business itself to make this
    happen. No software company, be it one from bombay or LA, understands
    your business like you. As such, trusting your IT to another company
    is asking for trouble.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 25, 2004
  4. >Talk about outsourcing. The MS book that I had bought for ex-70-316
    >had the practice test from "NIIT" a well known company in India for
    >edu.

    There are plenty of crap test providers from the US as well.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 25, 2004
  5. My prediction is that in a year , outsourcing will stop.

    Recently in NY Times there was an article that some company up in
    Boston, had to stop outsourcing as they felt the productivity level
    and the quality of code is very poor. And irony is that the CEO's of
    those companies were of Indian origin!

    Humber Consumer, May 25, 2004
  6. Humber Consumer

    Guest Guest

    Bottom feeders ...

    Guest, May 25, 2004
  7. Humber Consumer

    Alistair Guest

    Can I get an Amen for my brother!

    Seems to me the current off-shoring, out-sourcing (any
    more buzz-words?) "phenomenon" is only serving to speed up
    the Darwinian process of weeding out the weak.

    While I have huge sympathy for those starting out (you
    gotta admit it's a lot harder than it was 10, 15, 20 years
    ago), if they're any good and if they're persistent,
    today's grads will shortly be taking the place of both
    your average code-monkey sitting in a Bangalore sweat-shop
    and of the idiots who think IT is about writing code and
    building boxes with wires in.

    I say again, "Amen brother!"

    Alistair, May 25, 2004
  8. Humber Consumer

    Mike Guest

    Possibly the smartest(and most basic) thing I've ever read
    on these brilliant forums......

    Mike, Jun 1, 2004
  9. >Possibly the smartest(and most basic) thing I've ever read
    >on these brilliant forums......

    Getaway, surely the 'How many questions does 70-176 have' questions
    are better!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 1, 2004