Get the best browser in the world.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by 1gentle.giant@gmail.com, Jun 18, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Jun 18, 2006

  2. why? Guest

    On 18 Jun 2006 02:10:14 -0700, wrote:

    Something stupid,

    >Get the best browser in the world.
    >If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    >your life.
    >Get it from here for free:

    <snip URL>

    Avoid the syndication links and ads, or that there isn't a link to FF
    anyway or so it appears, unless it's in 1 of the scripts..

    Get Firefox from the Mozilla http://www.mozilla.com/ site.

    Me
    why?, Jun 18, 2006

  3. Duane Arnold Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On 18 Jun 2006 02:10:14 -0700, wrote:
    >
    > Something stupid,
    >

    >>Get the best browser in the world.
    >>If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    >>your life.
    >>Get it from here for free:

    > <snip URL>
    >
    > Avoid the syndication links and ads, or that there isn't a link to FF
    > anyway or so it appears, unless it's in 1 of the scripts..
    >

    > Get Firefox from the Mozilla http://www.mozilla.com/ site.
    >
    > Me

    And besides, if a browser is changing someone's life, that person has no
    life. ;-)

    Duane ;)
    Duane Arnold, Jun 18, 2006
  4. SgtMinor Guest

    wrote:

    > Get the best browser in the world.
    > If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    > your life.
    > Get it from here for free:

    Yes. And buy your Rolex watches from that guy in the alley.
    SgtMinor, Jun 18, 2006
  5. Duane Arnold" <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET wrote:
    > why? wrote:
    >> On 18 Jun 2006 02:10:14 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >> Something stupid,
    >>

    >>> Get the best browser in the world.
    >>> If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    >>> your life.
    >>> Get it from here for free:

    >> <snip URL>
    >>
    >> Avoid the syndication links and ads, or that there isn't a link to
    >> FF anyway or so it appears, unless it's in 1 of the scripts..
    >>

    >> Get Firefox from the Mozilla http://www.mozilla.com/ site.
    >>
    >> Me

    > And besides, if a browser is changing someone's life, that person has
    > no life. ;-)
    >
    > Duane ;)

    hear! hear!
    --
    FREEDOM OF SPEECH, USE IT OR LOSE IT

    http://communities.zeelandnet.nl/data/novamente/index.php?page=13&showpage=52538

    -----------------
    -----------------
    El Marinero©, Jun 18, 2006
  6. wrote:

    > Get the best browser in the world.
    > If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    > your life.
    > Get it from here for free:

    Oh, the irony...

    <quote>
    Subject: Get the best browser in the world.

    </quote>

    Not smart enough to take you own advice?

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 18, 2006
  7. why? Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 10:55:59 GMT, Duane Arnold
    <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> wrote:

    >why? wrote:
    >> On 18 Jun 2006 02:10:14 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >> Something stupid,
    >>

    >>>Get the best browser in the world.
    >>>If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    >>>your life.

    <snip>

    >> Get Firefox from the Mozilla http://www.mozilla.com/ site.
    >>
    >> Me

    >And besides, if a browser is changing someone's life, that person has no
    >life. ;-)

    <grin>

    >Duane ;)

    Me
    why?, Jun 18, 2006
  8. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-06-18, <> wrote:
    > Get the best browser in the world.
    > If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    > your life.
    > Get it from here for free:

    snip

    Strange; this post doesn't seem to be about Opera after all
    <http://www.opera.com/download/>.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jun 18, 2006
  9. Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 10:55:59 +0000, Duane Arnold wrote:

    > why? wrote:
    >> On 18 Jun 2006 02:10:14 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >> Something stupid,
    >>

    >>>Get the best browser in the world.
    >>>If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change your
    >>>life.
    >>>Get it from here for free:

    >> <snip URL>
    >>
    >> Avoid the syndication links and ads, or that there isn't a link to FF
    >> anyway or so it appears, unless it's in 1 of the scripts..
    >>

    >> Get Firefox from the Mozilla http://www.mozilla.com/ site.
    >>
    >> Me

    > And besides, if a browser is changing someone's life, that person has no
    > life. ;-)
    >
    > Duane ;)

    That's why the OP needs a change.

    Meat Plow, Jun 18, 2006
  10. Top Guest

    has brought this to us :
    > Get the best browser in the world.
    > If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    > your life.
    > Get it from here for free:
    > http://xthost.info/browser/index.htm

    Drive by.

    Top

    --
    If you can read this thank a teacher, if you are reading this in
    English thank a Soldier.
    Top, Jun 18, 2006
  11. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    SgtMinor spewed forth:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Get the best browser in the world.
    >> If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    >> your life.
    >> Get it from here for free:

    > Yes. And buy your Rolex watches from that guy in the alley.

    Nah - why risk getting mugged? Get them from the junk emails the spam filter
    sets aside for you...

    --
    I have CDO. It's like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, only in
    alphabetical order, just like it should be.
    Toolman Tim, Jun 18, 2006
  12. why? wrote:

    > On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 10:55:59 GMT, Duane Arnold
    ><""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> wrote:
    >
    >>why? wrote:
    >>> On 18 Jun 2006 02:10:14 -0700, wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Something stupid,

    ><snip>
    >
    >>> Get Firefox from the Mozilla http://www.mozilla.com/ site.
    >>>
    >>> Me

    >>And besides, if a browser is changing someone's life, that person has no
    >>life. ;-)

    ><grin>
    >
    >>Duane ;)

    > Me

    But consider this: a browser can't change a life that doesn't exist, so
    the whole idea falls apart and you have nothing to confess other than
    being taken in by a bad premise. :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 19, 2006
  13. Duane Arnold Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > why? wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 10:55:59 GMT, Duane Arnold
    >><""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> wrote:

    >><snip>

    >>>And besides, if a browser is changing someone's life, that person has no
    >>>life. ;-)

    >><grin>
    >>
    >>>Duane ;)

    >> Me

    > But consider this: a browser can't change a life that doesn't exist, so
    > the whole idea falls apart and you have nothing to confess other than
    > being taken in by a bad premise. :)

    Well, let's first figure out the differnece between Explorer and IE before
    we go any deeper.

    That's the key. :)

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2006
  14. Duane Arnold wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> why? wrote:

    >>><snip>

    >>><grin>

    >>> Me

    >> But consider this: a browser can't change a life that doesn't exist, so
    >> the whole idea falls apart and you have nothing to confess other than
    >> being taken in by a bad premise. :)
    >>

    > Well, let's first figure out the differnece between Explorer and IE before
    > we go any deeper.

    Heh. I didn't catch that. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 19, 2006
  15. richard Guest

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Get the best browser in the world.
    >> If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    >> your life.
    >> Get it from here for free:

    > Oh, the irony...
    >
    > <quote>
    > Subject: Get the best browser in the world.

    > </quote>
    >
    > Not smart enough to take you own advice?

    Have you ever posted using FF? Just to read a newsgroup with it takes ten
    times longer to do than with a regular newsreader. Can you read? UserAgent:
    Mozilla. Duh, like doesn't mozilla own FF?
    richard, Jun 19, 2006
  16. richard Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-06-18, <> wrote:
    >> Get the best browser in the world.
    >> If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    >> your life.
    >> Get it from here for free:

    > snip
    >
    > Strange; this post doesn't seem to be about Opera after all
    > <http://www.opera.com/download/>.

    I thought it was about Linux.
    richard, Jun 19, 2006
  17. richard wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote
    >> wrote:
    >>> Get the best browser in the world.
    >>> If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    >>> your life.
    >>> Get it from here for free:

    >> Oh, the irony...
    >>
    >> <quote>
    >> Subject: Get the best browser in the world.

    >> </quote>
    >>
    >> Not smart enough to take you own advice?

    > Have you ever posted using FF? Just to read a newsgroup with it takes ten
    > times longer to do than with a regular newsreader.

    Why would I use a browser to read Usenet? Browsers are not a Usenet
    tool. No, check my header; I use 40tude Dialog.

    > Can you read? UserAgent:
    > Mozilla. Duh, like doesn't mozilla own FF?

    Can you read? "compatible; MSIE 6.0" That is Internet Explorer,
    version 6 and he has Windows XP (Windows NT 5.1).

    Microsloth added the word Mozilla to their user agent string eons ago
    during the first browser wars so browser sniffers would think it was
    Netscape 3 or 4. And they've never changed it.

    Yes, Firefox comes from the house of Mozilla. So does Mozilla and
    SeaMonkey. And Thunderbird.

    You are using Outhouse Distress on XP. Why not try a modern and secure
    email and newsreader program?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 19, 2006
  18. R.U.Mee Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > richard wrote:

    >>> Oh, the irony...
    >>>
    >>> <quote>
    >>> Subject: Get the best browser in the world.

    >>> </quote>
    >>>
    >>> Not smart enough to take you own advice?

    >> Have you ever posted using FF? Just to read a newsgroup with it takes ten
    >> times longer to do than with a regular newsreader.

    You need to download Thunderbird if you want to stay within the Mozilla
    family.
    R.U.Mee, Jun 19, 2006
  19. Top Guest

    richard brought next idea :
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Get the best browser in the world.
    >>> If you are still using "explorer" download Firefox - it will change
    >>> your life.
    >>> Get it from here for free:

    >> Oh, the irony...
    >>
    >> <quote>
    >> Subject: Get the best browser in the world.

    >> </quote>
    >>
    >> Not smart enough to take you own advice?
    >>

    > Have you ever posted using FF? Just to read a newsgroup with it takes ten
    > times longer to do than with a regular newsreader. Can you read? UserAgent:
    > Mozilla. Duh, like doesn't mozilla own FF?

    What would you consider a "regular newsreader"?

    Top

    Top, Jun 19, 2006
  20. Top wrote:
    > richard brought next idea :
    >> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in message

    >>> Oh, the irony...
    >>>
    >>> <quote>
    >>> Subject: Get the best browser in the world.

    >>> </quote>
    >>>
    >>> Not smart enough to take you own advice?
    >>>

    >> Have you ever posted using FF? Just to read a newsgroup with it takes ten
    >> times longer to do than with a regular newsreader. Can you read? UserAgent:
    >> Mozilla. Duh, like doesn't mozilla own FF?

    > What would you consider a "regular newsreader"?

    My first obvious criterion would be that it uses NNTP and not HTTP.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 19, 2006