Get some experience

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Kurt Hudson, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. Kurt Hudson

    Kurt Hudson Guest

    Erina,

    My advice to you is to get some experience first. You
    should not enter this field as an MCSA. You should first
    learn the basics and then work toward your MCSA. Also, you
    may decide that you don't like network operating systems
    and decide to do something else. That something else might
    be with switches and routers, in which case you might want
    a Cisco or Juniper certification.

    The real question is how do you get experience if you
    don't have a job in this industry? Consider getting some
    training that will help you land an entry-level job (such
    as a tech support assistant or possibly first-level phone
    support). If you are looking for training that will lead
    to an entry-level certification, look at A+, Network+,
    CCNA, and MCDST. All of those will help you land that
    first job. Once you have been doing that job for about six
    months, then you can start thinking about what you still
    need to do to get ready to take the MCSA exams.

    Kurt Hudson, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Kurt Hudson

    Erina Guest

    Hi Kurt
    Thanks for the advice. I just got a job in the helpdesk
    and I decided to go for the MCDST first. I will get some
    experience and study towards my MCDST in the same time.

    Regards

    Erina, Apr 22, 2005

  3. Chris M wrote:

    > Good plan - The MCDST certification will also count as an elective

    toward
    > your MCSA, when you decide to do it.
    >
    > --
    > Chris M.

    That's an interesting track though - he'd end up taking 270, 271, and
    272. (all of which I'm sure have a lot of overlap...)

    blastingfonda, Apr 22, 2005