    rid of the screen totally. I'm sure there's a way and it's likely
    related to the admin privileges in the control panel, but it isn't in
    front of me to play with. Anyone know where to look to kill that screen?

    Gary, Jun 19, 2005

  2. Gary

    docmill Guest

    Gary <> wrote in news:Wd2dnTjbY56yVynfRVn-
    :

    > I friend just inherited his daughter's college laptop which required a
    > startup password to access the OS. He has the password but wants to be
    > rid of the screen totally. I'm sure there's a way and it's likely
    > related to the admin privileges in the control panel, but it isn't in
    > front of me to play with. Anyone know where to look to kill that screen?

    Control userpasswords2, from the run command and click Ok.
    Turn off the users.

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

    docmill, Jun 19, 2005

  3. Gary

    Duane Arnold Guest

    docmill wrote:

    > Gary <> wrote in news:Wd2dnTjbY56yVynfRVn-
    > :
    >
    >> I friend just inherited his daughter's college laptop which required a
    >> startup password to access the OS. He has the password but wants to be
    >> rid of the screen totally. I'm sure there's a way and it's likely
    >> related to the admin privileges in the control panel, but it isn't in
    >> front of me to play with. Anyone know where to look to kill that screen?

    > Control userpasswords2, from the run command and click Ok.
    > Turn off the users.

    So what if the user is using the Home edition?

    http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBM/tip6400/rh6488.htm

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2005
  4. Gary

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Gary wrote:

    > I friend just inherited his daughter's college laptop which required a
    > startup password to access the OS. He has the password but wants to be
    > rid of the screen totally. I'm sure there's a way and it's likely
    > related to the admin privileges in the control panel, but it isn't in
    > front of me to play with. Anyone know where to look to kill that screen?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2005
  5. Gary

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message
    >I friend just inherited his daughter's college laptop which required a
    >startup password to access the OS. He has the password but wants to be rid
    >of the screen totally. I'm sure there's a way and it's likely related to
    >the admin privileges in the control panel, but it isn't in front of me to
    >play with. Anyone know where to look to kill that screen?

    If it were me, I'd teach him to leave it. It's a laptop - what happens if it
    get stolen? All his personal data is wide open if there's no password.

    On my laptop, I have the boot password set. I have a Windows login password
    set (different, of course!) and all my important files are individually
    pasword protected.

    Yes, I had a laptop stolen once. I had to close all my bank accounts, cancel
    all my credit cards, change my passwords on all my online accounts, etc. Now
    my data is not going to be accessed by the casual thief, and even most pros
    would be hard pressed to gain working access.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 19, 2005
  6. Gary

    docmill Guest

    Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    > docmill wrote:
    >
    >> Gary <> wrote in news:Wd2dnTjbY56yVynfRVn-
    >> :
    >>
    >>> I friend just inherited his daughter's college laptop which required
    >>> a startup password to access the OS. He has the password but wants
    >>> to be rid of the screen totally. I'm sure there's a way and it's
    >>> likely related to the admin privileges in the control panel, but it
    >>> isn't in front of me to play with. Anyone know where to look to kill
    >>> that screen?

    >> Control userpasswords2, from the run command and click Ok.
    >> Turn off the users.
    >>

    > So what if the user is using the Home edition?
    >
    > http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBM/tip6400/rh6488.htm
    >
    > Duane :)

    You just turn off the user?

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

    docmill, Jun 19, 2005
  7. Gary

    Duane Arnold Guest

    docmill wrote:

    > Duane Arnold <> wrote in
    >
    >> docmill wrote:
    >>
    >>> Gary <> wrote in news:Wd2dnTjbY56yVynfRVn-
    >>> :

    >>> Control userpasswords2, from the run command and click Ok.
    >>> Turn off the users.
    >>>

    >> So what if the user is using the Home edition?
    >>
    >> http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBM/tip6400/rh6488.htm
    >>
    >> Duane :)

    > You just turn off the user?

    Not to be a smart ass here, but what does this have to do with setting an NT
    based O/S to bypass the login screen at system boot?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2005
  8. Gary

    docmill Guest

    Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    > docmill wrote:
    >
    >> Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    >>> So what if the user is using the Home edition?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBM/tip6400/rh6488.htm
    >>>
    >>> Duane :)

    >> You just turn off the user?
    >>

    > Not to be a smart ass here, but what does this have to do with setting
    > an NT based O/S to bypass the login screen at system boot?
    >
    > Duane :)

    That would be the user typing, so feel free.

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

    docmill, Jun 19, 2005
  9. Gary

    Duane Arnold Guest

    docmill wrote:

    > Duane Arnold <> wrote in
    >
    >> docmill wrote:
    >>
    >>> Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    >>> You just turn off the user?
    >>>

    >> Not to be a smart ass here, but what does this have to do with setting
    >> an NT based O/S to bypass the login screen at system boot?
    >>
    >> Duane :)
    >>

    > That would be the user typing, so feel free.

    Yes, the user would go to the registry and enter some data to set the
    machine to auto-logon with a user-id and PSW at system boot. I don't see
    where turning off a user-id when the other user is not going to use that
    user-id most likely and would likely use his own user-id and PSW.

    On the other hand, the OP could be talking about bypassing the BIOS psw that
    must be given before the machine even gets to a O/S logon screen, if that's
    active. ;-)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2005
  10. Gary

    docmill Guest

    Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    > docmill wrote:
    >
    >> Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    >>> Not to be a smart ass here, but what does this have to do with
    >>> setting an NT based O/S to bypass the login screen at system boot?
    >>>
    >>> Duane :)
    >>>

    >> That would be the user typing, so feel free.
    >>

    > Yes, the user would go to the registry and enter some data to set the
    > machine to auto-logon with a user-id and PSW at system boot. I don't
    > see where turning off a user-id when the other user is not going to
    > use that user-id most likely and would likely use his own user-id and
    > PSW.
    >
    > On the other hand, the OP could be talking about bypassing the BIOS
    > psw that must be given before the machine even gets to a O/S logon
    > screen, if that's active. ;-)
    >
    > Duane :)

    Now let's not be a jack-ass and a smart-ass. You had a simple question
    about a login screen, that according to the poster may be accessed from the
    admin priv in control panel. Then you smart-assed about the system boot,
    and now you have jack-assed two more likely's. And it still isn't about
    the BIOS or disk boot password. Well, at least the poster got a half-assed
    answer for his trouble.

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

    docmill, Jun 19, 2005
  11. Gary

    Duane Arnold Guest

    docmill wrote:

    > Duane Arnold <> wrote in
    >
    >> docmill wrote:
    >>
    >>> Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    >>> That would be the user typing, so feel free.
    >>>

    >> Yes, the user would go to the registry and enter some data to set the
    >> machine to auto-logon with a user-id and PSW at system boot. I don't
    >> see where turning off a user-id when the other user is not going to
    >> use that user-id most likely and would likely use his own user-id and
    >> PSW.
    >>
    >> On the other hand, the OP could be talking about bypassing the BIOS
    >> psw that must be given before the machine even gets to a O/S logon
    >> screen, if that's active. ;-)
    >>
    >> Duane :)
    >>

    > Now let's not be a jack-ass and a smart-ass. You had a simple question
    > about a login screen, that according to the poster may be accessed from
    > the
    > admin priv in control panel. Then you smart-assed about the system boot,
    > and now you have jack-assed two more likely's. And it still isn't about
    > the BIOS or disk boot password. Well, at least the poster got a
    > half-assed answer for his trouble.

    Hell, like the OP knew what he was talking about? And your half ass reply
    may work too.

    If I were a smart-ass about something, you can bet I would have done my
    best to give you my best smart-ass remarks. Anyway, there was no need
    for you to go off the deep end and act an ass about it. ;-)

    Doc, I just asked you some questions. Is there a full Moon cycle happening?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2005
  12. Gary

    Jeff Estes Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message
    >I friend just inherited his daughter's college laptop which required a
    >startup password to access the OS. He has the password but wants to be rid
    >of the screen totally. I'm sure there's a way and it's likely related to
    >the admin privileges in the control panel, but it isn't in front of me to
    >play with. Anyone know where to look to kill that screen?

    Is this the BIOS password that appears as soon as you boot the system? If
    it is your best/safest bet is to call the Manufacturer and ask them how you
    can reset the BIOS to NOT include the BIOS password. They may or may not
    help you with this but it's worth a shot. Some manufacturers will allow for
    this but it may involve wiping your data out.

    There are lots of third party companies that offer software or BIOS
    replacements that will allow you to access the system so try googling "BIOS
    password reset" and let your wallet do the talking.

    If you just want to pay someone to make this go away try
    http://www.pwcrack.com/bios.shtml

    Good Luck

    --
    scoolio
    Helpdesk Technician

    NOT="munged"

    Jeff Estes, Jun 19, 2005
  13. Gary

    docmill Guest

    Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    > docmill wrote:
    >
    >> Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    >>> Yes, the user would go to the registry and enter some data to set
    >>> the machine to auto-logon with a user-id and PSW at system boot. I
    >>> don't see where turning off a user-id when the other user is not
    >>> going to use that user-id most likely and would likely use his own
    >>> user-id and PSW.
    >>>
    >>> On the other hand, the OP could be talking about bypassing the BIOS
    >>> psw that must be given before the machine even gets to a O/S logon
    >>> screen, if that's active. ;-)
    >>>
    >>> Duane :)
    >>>

    >> Now let's not be a jack-ass and a smart-ass. You had a simple
    >> question about a login screen, that according to the poster may be
    >> accessed from the
    >> admin priv in control panel. Then you smart-assed about the system
    >> boot, and now you have jack-assed two more likely's. And it still
    >> isn't about the BIOS or disk boot password. Well, at least the
    >> poster got a half-assed answer for his trouble.

    > Hell, like the OP knew what he was talking about? And your half ass
    > reply may work too.
    >
    > If I were a smart-ass about something, you can bet I would have done
    > my best to give you my best smart-ass remarks. Anyway, there was no
    > need for you to go off the deep end and act an ass about it. ;-)
    >
    > Doc, I just asked you some questions. Is there a full Moon cycle
    > happening?
    >
    > Duane :)

    I gave the poster an answer, you didn't think it was complete or right,
    (OK) and gave me an answer to the posters question. Then went off about
    the system boot and..................... well I'm sure you can read your
    own gatherings. I don't mind questions, and I will admit it if I'm the
    wrong donor, but I'm not your meteorologist. Then we'd be talking
    asstroids. You know, I can't come up with a simple reason why this has got
    to this point other than the exact point that was to be drawn was
    excludeded in the forth shadow of the wain discourse that implied a post of
    discourse to enlighten and erode simultaneuosly the charade of enigma and
    posture a semblance of conception.... conjecture that if you want to
    scratch that imaginary post with, I can only say, there is no posted speed
    limit here. Drive at your own risk.

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

    docmill, Jun 19, 2005
  14. Gary

    Duane Arnold Guest

    docmill wrote:

    > Duane Arnold <> wrote in
    >
    >> docmill wrote:
    >>
    >>> Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    >>> Now let's not be a jack-ass and a smart-ass. You had a simple
    >>> question about a login screen, that according to the poster may be
    >>> accessed from the
    >>> admin priv in control panel. Then you smart-assed about the system
    >>> boot, and now you have jack-assed two more likely's. And it still
    >>> isn't about the BIOS or disk boot password. Well, at least the
    >>> poster got a half-assed answer for his trouble.

    >> Hell, like the OP knew what he was talking about? And your half ass
    >> reply may work too.
    >>
    >> If I were a smart-ass about something, you can bet I would have done
    >> my best to give you my best smart-ass remarks. Anyway, there was no
    >> need for you to go off the deep end and act an ass about it. ;-)
    >>
    >> Doc, I just asked you some questions. Is there a full Moon cycle
    >> happening?
    >>
    >> Duane :)
    >>>

    > I gave the poster an answer, you didn't think it was complete or right,
    > (OK) and gave me an answer to the posters question.

    All I indicated was the difference between XP Pro and Home when using that
    PSW2 option. If you took it that I was telling you that you were saying
    something wrong that's your problem.

    > Then went off about
    > the system boot and..................... well I'm sure you can read your
    > own gatherings.

    And it looked to me that the OP was talking about the Auto logon that can be
    done with XP a viable path.

    IMO, you may not be able to read between the lines and nothing against the
    OP but I don't think he knows what he is talking about.

    And it could be that the OP may be talking out the BIOS psw.

    > I don't mind questions, and I will admit it if I'm the
    > wrong donor, but I'm not your meteorologist.
    > Then we'd be talking
    > asstroids.

    Well either there is a full Moon that will make a person go off the deep-end
    or you have a wild hair up you know where. Maybe, you don't know about the
    full Moon cycle and the affects it will have on the Human Being. You can
    ask any police officer on night patrol about what happens on the full Moon
    cycle as violence and disputes escalate during the cycle. ;-)

    > You know, I can't come up with a simple reason why this has
    > got to this point other than the exact point that was to be drawn was
    > excludeded in the forth shadow of the wain discourse that implied a post
    > of discourse to enlighten and erode simultaneuosly the charade of enigma
    > and posture a semblance of conception.... conjecture that if you want to
    > scratch that imaginary post with, I can only say, there is no posted speed
    > limit here. Drive at your own risk.

    The part above seems much to do about *nothing*. I don't know what you're
    talking about and I don't think you do either.

    Later Doc

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2005
  15. Gary

    docmill Guest

    Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    > docmill wrote:
    >
    >> Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    >>> Hell, like the OP knew what he was talking about? And your half ass
    >>> reply may work too.
    >>>
    >>> If I were a smart-ass about something, you can bet I would have
    >>> done my best to give you my best smart-ass remarks. Anyway, there
    >>> was no need for you to go off the deep end and act an ass about it.
    >>> ;-)
    >>>
    >>> Doc, I just asked you some questions. Is there a full Moon cycle
    >>> happening?
    >>>
    >>> Duane :)
    >>>>

    >> I gave the poster an answer, you didn't think it was complete or
    >> right, (OK) and gave me an answer to the posters question.

    > All I indicated was the difference between XP Pro and Home when using
    > that PSW2 option. If you took it that I was telling you that you were
    > saying something wrong that's your problem.
    >

    >> Then went off about
    >> the system boot and..................... well I'm sure you can read
    >> your own gatherings.

    > And it looked to me that the OP was talking about the Auto logon that
    > can be done with XP a viable path.
    >
    > IMO, you may not be able to read between the lines and nothing against
    > the OP but I don't think he knows what he is talking about.
    >
    > And it could be that the OP may be talking out the BIOS psw.
    >
    >> I don't mind questions, and I will admit it if I'm the
    >> wrong donor, but I'm not your meteorologist.
    >> Then we'd be talking
    >> asstroids.

    > Well either there is a full Moon that will make a person go off the
    > deep-end or you have a wild hair up you know where. Maybe, you don't
    > know about the full Moon cycle and the affects it will have on the
    > Human Being. You can ask any police officer on night patrol about what
    > happens on the full Moon cycle as violence and disputes escalate
    > during the cycle. ;-)
    >
    >> You know, I can't come up with a simple reason why this has
    >> got to this point other than the exact point that was to be drawn was
    >> excludeded in the forth shadow of the wain discourse that implied a
    >> post of discourse to enlighten and erode simultaneuosly the charade
    >> of enigma and posture a semblance of conception.... conjecture that
    >> if you want to scratch that imaginary post with, I can only say,
    >> there is no posted speed limit here. Drive at your own risk.

    > The part above seems much to do about *nothing*. I don't know what
    > you're talking about and I don't think you do either.
    >
    > Later Doc
    >
    > Duane :)

    It simply means, if you don't like my answer to a post, and you have a
    better one, then post your answer to the OP. When you get off the track,
    you have to get a better focus on the original perception of the purpose of
    your answering a poster. Is it to tell me or enlighten the OP? How many
    times in this post did you respond to the OP? I don't like driving this
    slow. but, you really seem like you want to learn something.
    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

    docmill, Jun 19, 2005
  16. Gary

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Well all you had to do is speak plain English instead of the BS.

    I think I gave an answer to the OP. I guess you missed that. And another
    poster talked about the BIOS psw too, which mine yours and the other poster
    just about covers it.

    There must be something in the water on the other side of the Atlantic.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2005
  17. Gary

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: he-she in pumps

    Duane Arnold, <>, the idle, droll taxidermist, and person who
    applies ornamental plaster to their face to hide the horrendous acne, spat:

    --
    Thou sheenly cut-price poisonous bunch-backed toad. Thou squatty bosom black
    as death.

    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2005
  18. Gary

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: felch-queen plumper gets naked and flashes

    Duane Arnold, <>, the plastered, discarded arsewipe, and tub
    maker, quacked:

    --
    Thou unmanner'd slave. Thou villain.

    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2005
  19. Gary

    docmill Guest

    Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    > Well all you had to do is speak plain English instead of the BS.
    >
    > I think I gave an answer to the OP. I guess you missed that. And
    > another poster talked about the BIOS psw too, which mine yours and the
    > other poster just about covers it.
    >
    > There must be something in the water on the other side of the
    > Atlantic.
    >
    > Duane :)

    Again, you did not, ever, never respond to the OP. Nothing about the water
    here makes this any simpler for you. Now, I'm not sure I can slow this
    post down enough for you. You know, you could at least try and help here.

    --

    docmill, Jun 19, 2005
  20. Gary

    HiHo Guest

    HiHo, <>, the gluey, squeaking gimcrack, and person
    employed by a disreputable breeder to excite impotent, old stud bulls into
    having a semi-erection, gasped:

    --
    Thou banditto slave. Am I your bird? I mean to shift my bush.

    HiHo, Jun 19, 2005