    then no sound comes from the CD although the slider bar moves along as if it
    was playing.
    Evi.

    MARK WOOLSTON, Aug 27, 2006

  2. MARK WOOLSTON mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Does anyone know a way of getting RealPlayer to play CDs without copying
    > them to my hard drive?
    > It asks if I want the CD to be copied to my hard drive but if I choose
    > No then no sound comes from the CD although the slider bar moves along
    > as if it was playing.
    > Evi.

    Check the volume controls to be sure you don't have the CD volume muted. If
    that's OK, check the connection from your CD drive to the audio card.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    Did you hear about the blonde man who had 8 vasectomies?

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 27, 2006

  3. MARK WOOLSTON

    Evi Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    > MARK WOOLSTON mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > Does anyone know a way of getting RealPlayer to play CDs without copying
    > > them to my hard drive?
    > > It asks if I want the CD to be copied to my hard drive but if I choose
    > > No then no sound comes from the CD although the slider bar moves along
    > > as if it was playing.
    > > Evi.
    > >

    > Check the volume controls to be sure you don't have the CD volume muted.

    If
    > that's OK, check the connection from your CD drive to the audio card.

    Thanks for having a go but neither of those apply. If I use MediaPlayer or
    Windows 2000 CDPlayer everything is fine. If I allow RealPlayer to copy the
    files to my hard drive then it plays the CD fine.
    Evi

    Evi, Aug 27, 2006
  4. MARK WOOLSTON

    ProfGene Guest

    MARK WOOLSTON wrote:
    > Does anyone know a way of getting RealPlayer to play CDs without copying
    > them to my hard drive?
    > It asks if I want the CD to be copied to my hard drive but if I choose No
    > then no sound comes from the CD although the slider bar moves along as if it
    > was playing.
    > Evi.

    If Real Player does that then try playing cds on a different player like
    WMP or Winamp.

    ProfGene, Aug 28, 2006
  5. MARK WOOLSTON

    Evi Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    > MARK WOOLSTON mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > Does anyone know a way of getting RealPlayer to play CDs without copying
    > > them to my hard drive?
    > > It asks if I want the CD to be copied to my hard drive but if I choose
    > > No then no sound comes from the CD although the slider bar moves along
    > > as if it was playing.
    > > Evi.
    > >

    > Check the volume controls to be sure you don't have the CD volume muted.

    If
    > that's OK, check the connection from your CD drive to the audio card.

    Nothing the matter there as CDs play fine once I've let RP copy them to the
    hard drive or if I swap over to Windows CD Player.
    Any other ideas?
    At the moment I've swapped over to playing my sound files to the freeware
    Media Player Classic from http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/
    and my CDs with Windows CD player but I do miss having RealPlayer's
    playlists.
    Evi

    Evi, Sep 1, 2006