get new advertisment windows automatically from Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Gio \Darke\, Mar 28, 2008.

  1. Gio \Darke\

    Gio \Darke\ Guest

    Hello everyone

    it's been sometime that every once in a while (randomly) TWO new windows
    open by themselves, in Firefox.

    -Window with the start page
    -Window with random advertisment, american one or italian one (I'm
    italian I live in Italy my Firefox is in italian)

    Now, I thinked about a virus, a spyware, or a malware Firefox plug in.

    I checked both viruses and spywares, with different antiviruses and
    antispywares.

    The Firefox plug ins I use I think are all "serious", anyway they are:

    *Add to search bar
    *AD Block Plus
    *Download Statusbar
    *FireFTP
    *ForecastFox
    *Gmail Space
    *IE Tab
    *Map+
    *Minimize to Tray
    *PDF Download
    *Quick Restart

    Have you got any idea of what could I go check? Or what I can eventually
    try "blocking"?

    I use SpyBot e AVG.

    Bye and thank you

    Ciao from Roma.
    Gio \Darke\, Mar 28, 2008

    try using a hosts file: http://hostsfile.mine.nu/

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Mar 28, 2008

  3. Gio \Darke\

    Gio \Darke\ Guest

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:46:09 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:

    >try using a hosts file: http://hostsfile.mine.nu/

    I embedded it in AD Block, thanks.

    hope it will not affect my CPU...