  1. Bill Deal

    Bill Deal Guest

    How do I find a system's NetBIOS name in Windows?

    Bill Deal, Feb 1, 2006

  2. Bill Deal wrote:
    > How do I find a system's NetBIOS name in Windows?

    Windows XP? Local computer?
    If so, go to the command prompt and type "net user" without the quotes.
    That will give you a list of user accounts on the computer, and it will
    also list the netbios name in the first line.

    You could also right click on My Computer and select Properties and then
    select the Computer Name tab, but that wouldn't be as much fun...

    ::Your Name Here::, Feb 2, 2006

  3. Bill Deal

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 20:13:30 +1100, ::Your Name Here:: <"::Your Name
    Here::"@dotcomdotaudotcom> wrote:

    >Bill Deal wrote:
    >> How do I find a system's NetBIOS name in Windows?

    >Windows XP? Local computer?
    >If so, go to the command prompt and type "net user" without the quotes.
    >That will give you a list of user accounts on the computer, and it will
    >also list the netbios name in the first line.
    >
    >You could also right click on My Computer and select Properties and then
    >select the Computer Name tab, but that wouldn't be as much fun...

    More to add to your list, but also less fun :)

    nbtstat -a IPaddress

    net view

    nbtstat -n

    Me