  1. At some point along the way, I was forced to start using the pull-down
    alongside the "Get Mail" button. It's only needed for retrieving e-mail
    and not news. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Dick Chimenti, Jul 12, 2005

  2. Dick Chimenti

    Z Guest

    Dick Chimenti wrote:
    > At some point along the way, I was forced to start using the pull-down
    > alongside the "Get Mail" button. It's only needed for retrieving e-mail
    > and not news. Anyone know how to fix this?

    Tools > Account Settings > Server Settings (under mail account)

    (check) Check for new messages at startup

    (check) Check for new messages every ___ minutes
    Z, Jul 13, 2005

  3. Z wrote:
    > Dick Chimenti wrote:
    >
    >> At some point along the way, I was forced to start using the pull-down
    >> alongside the "Get Mail" button. It's only needed for retrieving
    >> e-mail and not news. Anyone know how to fix this?

    > Tools > Account Settings > Server Settings (under mail account)
    >
    > (check) Check for new messages at startup
    >
    > (check) Check for new messages every ___ minutes

    I apparently didn't make it clear that I want to simply be able to press
    the Get Mail button to have it retrieve my e-mail without having to use
    the pull-down. I already have the two boxes checked that you suggested.
    Dick Chimenti, Jul 15, 2005
  4. Dick Chimenti

    Doug G Guest

    Dick Chimenti wrote:
    > Z wrote:
    >> Dick Chimenti wrote:
    >>
    >>> At some point along the way, I was forced to start using the pull-down
    >>> alongside the "Get Mail" button. It's only needed for retrieving
    >>> e-mail and not news. Anyone know how to fix this?

    >> Tools > Account Settings > Server Settings (under mail account)
    >>
    >> (check) Check for new messages at startup
    >>
    >> (check) Check for new messages every ___ minutes

    > I apparently didn't make it clear that I want to simply be able to press
    > the Get Mail button to have it retrieve my e-mail without having to use
    > the pull-down. I already have the two boxes checked that you suggested.

    AFAIK, the Get Mail button gets messages for the active account. So if
    you happen to be reading newsgroups when you click the button, it gets
    new messages for the news server account.
    Doug G, Jul 15, 2005
  5. Dick Chimenti wrote:
    > At some point along the way, I was forced to start using the pull-down
    > alongside the "Get Mail" button. It's only needed for retrieving e-mail
    > and not news. Anyone know how to fix this?

    There is at least one extension out there that either provides an extra
    button "get all mail", or changes the functioning of the normal button
    to the same purpose.

    --
    Vriendelijke groet,
    Jan van Aalderen, Amstelveen