    connected...
    Can anyone help me???

    Thanks
    Nelson Costa, May 18, 2004

  2. Nelson Costa wrote:

    > I'm having some dificulty in getting the MAC-Address Table from Cisco
    > routers... I'm using SNMP to get the information from the routers.
    > Until this moment i manage to get almost all information, but its
    > missing a very important part, to relate the local interface with a
    > mac. I dont know how to get the local interface where a mac is
    > connected...

    A small test with Getif gives me:
    ipNetToMediaTable (.1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22) Gives back:
    interface number, hardware address, network address and stat/dynamic

    --
    Joop van der Velden
    Joop van der Velden, May 18, 2004

  3. Nelson Costa

    Guest

    On 18 May 2004 05:03:43 -0700, (Nelson
    Costa) wrote:

    >Hello all
    >
    >I'm having some dificulty in getting the MAC-Address Table from Cisco
    >routers... I'm using SNMP to get the information from the routers.
    >Until this moment i manage to get almost all information, but its
    >missing a very important part, to relate the local interface with a
    >mac. I dont know how to get the local interface where a mac is
    >connected...
    >Can anyone help me???
    >
    >Thanks

    Do a search on cammer.pl. It's a perl script that queries a Cisco
    switch and dumps a list of mac-address, port number, and IP (if you
    also tell it a router that would have an arp table).

    -Chris
    , May 19, 2004