Get Interface stats NOT VLAN stats on 6500

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mr Jibbles, Jul 3, 2006.

  1. Mr Jibbles

    Mr Jibbles Guest

    Hello,
    I am trying to get stats from each of the interfaces on the blades and
    running a quick SNMP I can get the VLAN stats but not the Interface
    stats.
    Could anyone give me an idea on the OID to check?
    Thanks in advance
    Giles
     
    Mr Jibbles, Jul 3, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Mr Jibbles

    Guest

    Mr Jibbles wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am trying to get stats from each of the interfaces on the blades and
    > running a quick SNMP I can get the VLAN stats but not the Interface
    > stats.
    > Could anyone give me an idea on the OID to check?
    > Thanks in advance
    > Giles


    ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry

    32 bit counters only of course.

    On a Gigbit interface the byte counters could wrap in
    let's see .... 30 sec, or of course 15 sec if the implementation
    uses signed numbers.

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/535/3.html
    says:-
    In SNMPv2, 32-bit and 64-bit counters are defined

    If you find the 64 bit ones let me know.
     
    , Jul 3, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Mr Jibbles

    Mr Jibbles Guest

    Thanks for the quick reply.
    This is the OID I was using (1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1) and it only displays
    the VLANs. If I do a 'show port' on the console it shows the individual
    ports (slot/port). These are the stats I am looking for. Does the Cisco
    6500 have 2 MGT ips (one for the routing engine and one for the
    switch)?

    wrote:

    > Mr Jibbles wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > > I am trying to get stats from each of the interfaces on the blades and
    > > running a quick SNMP I can get the VLAN stats but not the Interface
    > > stats.
    > > Could anyone give me an idea on the OID to check?
    > > Thanks in advance
    > > Giles

    >
    > .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry
    >
    > 32 bit counters only of course.
    >
    > On a Gigbit interface the byte counters could wrap in
    > let's see .... 30 sec, or of course 15 sec if the implementation
    > uses signed numbers.
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/535/3.html
    > says:-
    > In SNMPv2, 32-bit and 64-bit counters are defined
    >
    > If you find the 64 bit ones let me know.
     
    Mr Jibbles, Jul 3, 2006
    #3
  4. Mr Jibbles

    Guest

    > > > I am trying to get stats from each of the interfaces on the blades and
    > > > running a quick SNMP I can get the VLAN stats but not the Interface
    > > > stats.
    > > > Could anyone give me an idea on the OID to check?

    > > .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry

    Mr Jibbles wrote:
    > Thanks for the quick reply.
    > This is the OID I was using (1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1) and it only displays
    > the VLANs. If I do a 'show port' on the console it shows the individual
    > ports (slot/port). These are the stats I am looking for. Does the Cisco
    > 6500 have 2 MGT ips (one for the routing engine and one for the
    > switch)?


    ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry
    and
    ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1

    are equivalent

    I have been out of 6500s for a while however if you have
    a router module (MSFC) and you are running CatOS
    on the switch then they will indeed have seperate IP
    addresses.

    I forget how that config works now.

    That would explain what you see. If that is the case you will
    need to configure snmp (Assuming it has an IP address)
    on the Supervisor Engine and you will then be able to get
    the stats from there.

    The sup 720 I believe has a single manegement entity.
    Will find out shortly :)
     
    , Jul 3, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Jay Nambiar
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    804
    Jay Nambiar
    Dec 18, 2003
  2. Merv
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    425
  3. Gary
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    737
    Arnold Nipper
    Dec 2, 2005
  4. Dave_T
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    3,215
  5. 3550 Interface Stats

    , May 23, 2006, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,439
    _Julian
    Aug 8, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page