    moment.Any information on the subject
    will be greatly appreciated.
    al
    al, Oct 3, 2003

  2. We all know that al () screamed at the top of
    his lungs:
    > I lost the mainpart of my harddrive because of doing things I did not
    > know about.It's a 80
    > gb ibm drive that shrinked to 8 gb that can be seen.I wander,is there
    > any way to restore
    > deleted partisions.It's not the data or files I care for it's the
    > former size of my harddrive.
    > And I'm not to happy about replacing it as I'm short of money at the
    > moment.Any information on the subject
    > will be greatly appreciated.
    > al

    did you try and compress your drive? if so, that is why you can't see it.

    --
    Do the Dew - Dewman
    has been changed to

    DUH
    yellow submarine, Oct 3, 2003

  3. al

    Steve Guest

    "yellow submarine" < want no spam> wrote in
    message news:wH3fb.9539$...
    > We all know that al () screamed at the top of
    > his lungs:
    > > I lost the mainpart of my harddrive because of doing things I did not
    > > know about.It's a 80
    > > gb ibm drive that shrinked to 8 gb that can be seen.I wander,is there
    > > any way to restore
    > > deleted partisions.It's not the data or files I care for it's the
    > > former size of my harddrive.
    > > And I'm not to happy about replacing it as I'm short of money at the
    > > moment.Any information on the subject
    > > will be greatly appreciated.
    > > al

    > did you try and compress your drive? if so, that is why you can't see it.
    >
    > --
    > Do the Dew - Dewman
    > has been changed to
    > We all Live in a "Yellow Submarine"
    >
    > DUH

    run fdisk (from start-up floppy) and start all over again :)

    ---
    Steve, Oct 3, 2003
  4. al

    Harrison Guest

    If you don't have a startup floppy, you can create one with an image
    downloaded from http://www.bootdisk.com/

    If you have a bootable OS CD, such as Windows 2000 or XP, you can also
    run the partitioning program from them.

    If this is your one and only drive, and you want to resize it and
    start over, then simply run the setup for Windows 2000 or XP.
    There will be a section where you may choose to delete the existing
    partitions and create a new one.
    By far, this is easier for most inexperienced users who are not that
    familiar with the commands in fdisk.

    Harrison, Oct 3, 2003
  5. al

    al Guest

    I did not compress my drive and I been trying to get my lost partitions back
    with fdisk for days.That does not work .
    regards al

    al, Oct 4, 2003