    function-wise(regardless the price and condition)? a brief explaination to
    your answer would be appreciated.

    thanx

    ^____^, Feb 26, 2004

  2. ^____^

    Sorby Guest

    "^____^" <^_____^@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:Suj%b.23865$AL.451935@attbi_s03...
    > a Canon D60 and a Canon Rebel digital, which one is more worth buying as

    in
    > function-wise(regardless the price and condition)? a brief explaination to
    > your answer would be appreciated.

    I've not owned either (I have the 10D) but you could do worse that comparing
    the specification side-by-side here...

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp

    (You can select both cameras from the list box)

    My money is on the Rebel/300D

    --
    Sorby

    Sorby, Feb 26, 2004

  3. ^____^

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    I would go for Photoshop Elements 2.0.
    Shop for price, sometimes there are coupons and rebates.
    Also there are a lot of tutorials on the web and lists and forums where you can
    ask for help.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Feb 26, 2004
  4. ^____^

    Lisa Horton Guest

    ^____^ wrote:

    > a Canon D60 and a Canon Rebel digital, which one is more worth buying as in
    > function-wise(regardless the price and condition)? a brief explaination to
    > your answer would be appreciated.
    >
    > thanx

    Depends on your priorities, each has unique advantages. D60 gives you
    things like FEC, better control of AF modes, and custom functions, but
    it's AF is abysmal. The DRebel has great AF, but you don't get complete
    control over the modes, and it lacks things like FEC and custom
    functions.

    As I see it, it comes down to camera functionality vs resolution and AF
    performance.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Feb 26, 2004
  5. ^____^

    Chris Brown Guest

    In article <Suj%b.23865$AL.451935@attbi_s03>,
    ^____^ <^_____^@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >a Canon D60 and a Canon Rebel digital, which one is more worth buying as in
    >function-wise(regardless the price and condition)? a brief explaination to
    >your answer would be appreciated.

    Ignore autofocus and the D60 is pretty much equivalent to a 10D.

    If you can live with autofocus which might best be described as, "a bit
    rubbish" (by 35mm SLR standards - it's better than you'll get in most zoom
    compact digicams) but want the extra control that you'd normally associate
    with a 10D, then go for the D60. If you want the autofocus more than you
    want the things that the 10D has and the 300D/Rebel doesn't, then go for the
    300D/Rebel.

    Chris Brown, Feb 26, 2004
  6. ^____^

    ^____^ Guest

    thanx for the help... I think I will go for D60, and just set my aparture
    smaller to so I will have larger DOF and hope that the AF problem won't be
    so noticeable if the object is still within my DOF.

    ^____^, Feb 27, 2004
  7. ^____^

    Chris Brown Guest

    In article <1gC%b.67001$Xp.319688@attbi_s54>,
    ^____^ <^_____^@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >thanx for the help... I think I will go for D60, and just set my aparture
    >smaller to so I will have larger DOF and hope that the AF problem won't be
    >so noticeable if the object is still within my DOF.

    The D60's AF is accurate enough once it's got a lock. It just isn't very
    good at getting the lock in the first place. You need to find a nice
    contrasty edge.

    The 10D/300D, in comparison, will lock on pretty much anything.

    Chris Brown, Feb 27, 2004
  8. ^____^

    Hans Kruse Guest

    That won't help you as the AF is slow on the D60 and has problems in low
    light. The AF on 300D works very well and as well as the 10D, however not
    haing all the options of the 10D. I have both so I have the experience with
    both of the 300D and 10D.
    --Hans

    Hans Kruse, Feb 27, 2004