Get activation message after driver update

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Feliks Dzerzhinsky, May 14, 2007.

  1. Yeah, nice system - that's what I'm trying to remember not to forget.

    Tony. . .

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > Tony:
    > I just keep my favorites neatly organized in folders.
    > Carlos
    >
    > "Tony Sperling" wrote:
    >
    > > Good work, Carlos!
    > >
    > > It's far too often that I stumble onto this kind of stuff and forgetting

    > > save it as a favorite, perhaps I should come up with a IE plug-in that
    > > automagically orders the links history into cross-referencable tables -

    ah,

    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/...sta-without-activation-for-free-for-120-days/

    > > > 1 year trick (legal, with registry modification) and indefinite time

    trick

    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/03/16/how-to-run-windows-vista-without-activation-forever/

    > > > Carlos

    that
    > > "the

    > > years -

    > > might

    come to

    Tony Sperling, May 16, 2007

  2. Feliks, I just did the same update and got the same result you did. Phone
    activation required. I noticed that the activation wizard was telling me
    that my product key was no longer valid and offering to show me how to
    obtain a valid one. Do you remember if you saw that additional option in
    the list of options on how to proceed (activate online now, remind me later,
    etc)? What may be happening is that the update is resetting the Genuine
    Windows flag from yes to no. Just a guess there, but that would cause the
    "piracy" option to appear in the activation wizard options. It is not a
    standard option.

    "Feliks Dzerzhinsky" <> wrote in message
    Colin Barnhorst, May 23, 2007