Get Acronis True Image 10 Free

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by G. Morgan, Feb 2, 2009.

  1. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    Get Acronis True Image 10 Free
    http://lifehacker.com/5144248/get-acronis-true-image-10-free

    "Acronis is giving away copies of Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition
    because it's got a new version out. That means you (or backup-needing friends)
    get whole disk image backups from a friendly interface.

    The give-away of Acronis' cloning software, normally $50 per license, is
    intended to inspire users to get familiar with Acronis' backup systems, and
    possibly upgrade to Acronis True Image Home 2009. For most folks planning to
    re-install Windows, or just create one-file backups of entire drives, True
    Image 10 Personal will probably fit the bill. Its interface and step-by-steps
    don't seem to give you as many options and geeky switches as DriveImage XML,
    which we featured in our guide to hot-imaging a hard drive. But True Image
    does offer backup archive validation, a recovery disk creator, a startup
    interrupter that can re-apply a backup image, and other tools for those
    shaking their fists at the Windows gods.

    To grab your copy, hit the registration link below, fill out a minimum of the
    First Name, Last Name, email, and other magazines read sections (along with
    the privacy policy checkbox), and be patient and click back if you get a
    timeout. You'll get a registration email, then be asked to log in and
    download, and have to enter a serial number after installing. The giveaway was
    launched for users of Personal Computer World, a UK tech magazine, so grab it
    sooner rather than later if you don't want to chance losing the offer after
    this month's PCW leaves the overseas shelves."
    --

    "Newspaper claims car thief transformed into a goat"
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090124/ap_on_fe_st/odd_goat_thief_5

    G. Morgan, Feb 2, 2009

  2. G. Morgan

    Buffalo Guest

    Buffalo, Feb 2, 2009

  3. wisdomkiller & pain, Feb 2, 2009
  4. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    wisdomkiller & pain wrote:

    >G. Morgan wrote:
    >
    >> Get Acronis True Image 10 Free
    >> http://lifehacker.com/5144248/get-acronis-true-image-10-free
    >>

    >Nice but acronis site appears to be down ;-/
    >Guess they lack money to pay the bandwidth or caching services for the
    >overwhelming responses ...

    Yeah, I'm sure they are getting hammered with requests.

    Their ability to serve up web pages is closely matched with their ability to
    produce mediocre software.

    G. Morgan, Feb 2, 2009
  5. G. Morgan

    Fred Kasner Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:
    > wisdomkiller & pain wrote:
    >
    >> G. Morgan wrote:
    >>
    >>> Get Acronis True Image 10 Free
    >>> http://lifehacker.com/5144248/get-acronis-true-image-10-free
    >>>

    >> Nice but acronis site appears to be down ;-/
    >> Guess they lack money to pay the bandwidth or caching services for the
    >> overwhelming responses ...

    > Yeah, I'm sure they are getting hammered with requests.
    >
    > Their ability to serve up web pages is closely matched with their ability to
    > produce mediocre software.

    A few years ago I acquired a copy of True Image 8 and it has served me
    well for a long time. The only trouble I had was when I tried to run it
    from a CD (rescue disk) and restore a disk image made of a disk that
    used "GoBack". This consistently led (about half way through the
    restoration) to a reported image corruption error. If GoBack had been
    closed down on the original HD before the image was created then
    restoration went without a hitch. Also if Acronis True Image 8 was run
    from the same hard disk that was to have its image restored on the same
    HD it ignored any troubles it had with GoBack and produced a restored
    image of the HD without any problem. However in such cases to avoid a
    problems I usually just disable GoBack before doing a HD restore and
    then turn it back on (if necessary) after the image is restored to the
    active HD. Works quite well for me on an XP Pro and on a XP Home.
    FK

    Fred Kasner, Feb 2, 2009
  6. G. Morgan

    thanatoid Guest

    Fred Kasner <> wrote in

    >>> Nice but acronis site appears to be down ;-/
    >>> Guess they lack money to pay the bandwidth or caching
    >>> services for the overwhelming responses ...

    >> Yeah, I'm sure they are getting hammered with requests.

    To whomever wrote that:
    Well, write something better then.

    >> Their ability to serve up web pages is closely matched
    >> with their ability to produce mediocre software.
    >>

    > A few years ago I acquired a copy of True Image 8 and it
    > has served me well for a long time. The only trouble I had
    > was when I tried to run it from a CD (rescue disk) and
    > restore a disk image made of a disk that used "GoBack".

    And this surprises you? Use one or the other. Acronis TI is a
    finely tuned very well written app. It should NOT be compatible
    with other "safeguard/backup" crapware - and isn't.

    <SNIP>

    FWIW, I got MY free copy of Acronis TIDeluxe (I believe it was
    actually ver 5) about 5 years and haven't looked back. It's 10
    times smaller than the new versions and I have NEVER had a
    problem with it. It's a life-saver. And older /is/ better.

    --
    "Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
    (about thanatoid)

    thanatoid, Feb 3, 2009
  7. G. Morgan

    Tony Guest

    I signed up and got *FROGGED*.

    "G. Morgan" wrote:

    > Get Acronis True Image 10 Free
    > http://lifehacker.com/5144248/get-acronis-true-image-10-free
    >
    > "Acronis is giving away copies of Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition
    > because it's got a new version out. That means you (or backup-needing friends)
    > get whole disk image backups from a friendly interface.
    >
    > The give-away of Acronis' cloning software, normally $50 per license, is
    > intended to inspire users to get familiar with Acronis' backup systems, and
    > possibly upgrade to Acronis True Image Home 2009. For most folks planning to
    > re-install Windows, or just create one-file backups of entire drives, True
    > Image 10 Personal will probably fit the bill. Its interface and step-by-steps
    > don't seem to give you as many options and geeky switches as DriveImage XML,
    > which we featured in our guide to hot-imaging a hard drive. But True Image
    > does offer backup archive validation, a recovery disk creator, a startup
    > interrupter that can re-apply a backup image, and other tools for those
    > shaking their fists at the Windows gods.
    >
    > To grab your copy, hit the registration link below, fill out a minimum of the
    > First Name, Last Name, email, and other magazines read sections (along with
    > the privacy policy checkbox), and be patient and click back if you get a
    > timeout. You'll get a registration email, then be asked to log in and
    > download, and have to enter a serial number after installing. The giveaway was
    > launched for users of Personal Computer World, a UK tech magazine, so grab it
    > sooner rather than later if you don't want to chance losing the offer after
    > this month's PCW leaves the overseas shelves."
    > --
    >
    > "Newspaper claims car thief transformed into a goat"
    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090124/ap_on_fe_st/odd_goat_thief_5

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    realm of understandability

    Tony, Feb 3, 2009
  8. G. Morgan

    Unbeliever Guest

    > G. Morgan wrote:
    >> Get Acronis True Image 10 Free
    >> http://lifehacker.com/5144248/get-acronis-true-image-10-free
    >>
    >> "Acronis is giving away copies of Acronis True Image 10 Personal
    >> Edition because it's got a new version out. That means you (or
    >> backup-needing friends) get whole disk image backups from a friendly
    >> interface.

    > http://www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe ??
    >
    > Either the site is down, the offer's over, or Acronis UK is blocking
    > USA access.

    I hope they are blocking it, it's taken me 24 hours to get on the site for
    my registration and download the program - bloody Yanks!

    Unbeliever, Feb 3, 2009