    brush for when they warn us of such. GD tv ads. Sad stuff. GD AD
    people.
    joevan

    joevan, Sep 12, 2004

  2. joevan wrote:
    > Is that a problem, and should we keep it out of our soup pot?
    > I wonder if that is what the advertisers think we will use our toilet
    > brush for when they warn us of such. GD tv ads. Sad stuff. GD AD
    > people.
    > joevan

    Kind of makes me long for the days when it wasn't allowed to advertise
    women on their period talking about leaks, people with diarrhea grabbing
    their asses, toilet paper that does a better job of wiping because it's
    pre-moistened, etc etc. But what pisses me more is watching cable TV and
    with every advertising break comes two or three ads telling us how great
    cable TV is.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 12, 2004

  3. joevan

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:49:14 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >> Is that a problem, and should we keep it out of our soup pot?
    >> I wonder if that is what the advertisers think we will use our toilet
    >> brush for when they warn us of such. GD tv ads. Sad stuff. GD AD
    >> people.
    >> joevan

    >Kind of makes me long for the days when it wasn't allowed to advertise
    >women on their period talking about leaks, people with diarrhea grabbing
    >their asses, toilet paper that does a better job of wiping because it's
    >pre-moistened, etc etc. But what pisses me more is watching cable TV and
    >with every advertising break comes two or three ads telling us how great
    >cable TV is.

    Man, I'm glad I've got satellite. Gah.

    --
    http://groups.google.com/groups?th=a7a10e1cb425ee6e
    http://howtofixcomputers.com/bb/forum19.html

    Mara, Sep 12, 2004
  4. Mara, the scruffy, low-voltage hamster and vagrant and gentleman of the
    road, chimed in:

    | Man, I'm glad I've got satellite. Gah.

    So are we, now **** off and watch some crap rather than posting your drivel
    here.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Lord Denby Foffinggold-Chimmlelack, Sep 13, 2004
  5. joevan

    WormWood Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:49:14 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >>joevan wrote:
    >>> Is that a problem, and should we keep it out of our soup pot?
    >>> I wonder if that is what the advertisers think we will use our
    >>> toilet
    >>> brush for when they warn us of such. GD tv ads. Sad stuff. GD AD
    >>> people.
    >>> joevan

    >>Kind of makes me long for the days when it wasn't allowed to advertise
    >>women on their period talking about leaks, people with diarrhea
    >>grabbing
    >>their asses, toilet paper that does a better job of wiping because
    >>it's
    >>pre-moistened, etc etc. But what pisses me more is watching cable TV
    >>and
    >>with every advertising break comes two or three ads telling us how
    >>great
    >>cable TV is.

    > Man, I'm glad I've got satellite. Gah.

    I have both satellite and cable. I see no difference in the number of
    ads between the two unless you have subscribed to certain premium
    channels, available on either.

    > http://howtofixcomputers.com/bb/forum19.html
    > howtofixcomputers.com is bogus. :)

    Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
    wants in order to attract more advertisers?

    WormWood, Sep 13, 2004
  6. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:40:37 -0400, "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com>
    wrote:

    >Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
    >wants in order to attract more advertisers?

    I think the thing has been taken down. So the question is moot.
    joevan

    joevan, Sep 13, 2004
  7. joevan

    WormWood Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:40:37 -0400, "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
    >>wants in order to attract more advertisers?
    >>

    > I think the thing has been taken down. So the question is moot.
    > joevan

    Thanks

    WormWood, Sep 13, 2004
  8. joevan

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:40:37 -0400, WormWood wrote:

    >"Mara" <> wrote in message

    >>>Kind of makes me long for the days when it wasn't allowed to advertise
    >>>women on their period talking about leaks, people with diarrhea
    >>>grabbing
    >>>their asses, toilet paper that does a better job of wiping because
    >>>it's
    >>>pre-moistened, etc etc. But what pisses me more is watching cable TV
    >>>and
    >>>with every advertising break comes two or three ads telling us how
    >>>great
    >>>cable TV is.

    >> Man, I'm glad I've got satellite. Gah.
    >>

    >I have both satellite and cable. I see no difference in the number of
    >ads between the two unless you have subscribed to certain premium
    >channels, available on either.

    I don't see many ads on mine. I have a 2nd tier package - no movie channels.

    <snip>
    >> howtofixcomputers.com is bogus. :)

    >Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
    >wants in order to attract more advertisers?

    I suppose so, since you edited the sig. There are *two* links in there, not one,
    and there's a reason for that. Editing a post, *or* a sig, that isn't your own,
    whether in order to make it appear that it says something it doesn't, or to make
    it appear as if it says what *you* want it to say and not what it actually does,
    isn't very ethical. :)

    Mara, Sep 13, 2004
  9. joevan

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:48:56 -0500, in
    <>
    Mara scrawled:

    >On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:40:37 -0400, WormWood wrote:

    <snip>

    >>Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
    >>wants in order to attract more advertisers?

    >I suppose so, since you edited the sig. There are *two* links in there, not one,
    >and there's a reason for that. Editing a post, *or* a sig, that isn't your own,
    >whether in order to make it appear that it says something it doesn't, or to make
    >it appear as if it says what *you* want it to say and not what it actually does,
    >isn't very ethical. :)

    But you *are* still flying the flag (so to speak) for them;
    they have removed *this* group from their forums, and
    your continued use of those signatures is almost certainly
    having the *opposite* effect to that which I suspect you
    intend. Even negative publicity can be good publicity.

    --
    Let sleeping dogs lie.

    °Mike°, Sep 13, 2004
  10. joevan

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 01:16:59 +0100, °Mike° wrote:

    >On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:48:56 -0500, in
    > <>
    > Mara scrawled:
    >
    >>On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:40:37 -0400, WormWood wrote:

    ><snip>
    >
    >>>Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
    >>>wants in order to attract more advertisers?

    >>I suppose so, since you edited the sig. There are *two* links in there, not one,
    >>and there's a reason for that. Editing a post, *or* a sig, that isn't your own,
    >>whether in order to make it appear that it says something it doesn't, or to make
    >>it appear as if it says what *you* want it to say and not what it actually does,
    >>isn't very ethical. :)

    >But you *are* still flying the flag (so to speak) for them;
    >they have removed *this* group from their forums, and
    >your continued use of those signatures is almost certainly
    >having the *opposite* effect to that which I suspect you
    >intend. Even negative publicity can be good publicity.

    I had originally intended to use the sig until they had removed feeds to all the
    groups they'd taken, but I see this isn't going to happen anyway. So, very well;
    off with the sig.

    I was thought to be 'stuck up.' I wasn't. I was just sure of myself.
    This is and always has been an unforgivable quality to the unsure.
    -- Bette Davis

    Mara, Sep 13, 2004
  11. joevan

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:42:02 -0500, Mara wrote:

    >On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 01:16:59 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:48:56 -0500, in
    >> <>
    >> Mara scrawled:
    >>
    >>>On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:40:37 -0400, WormWood wrote:

    >><snip>

    >>>I suppose so, since you edited the sig. There are *two* links in there, not one,
    >>>and there's a reason for that. Editing a post, *or* a sig, that isn't your own,
    >>>whether in order to make it appear that it says something it doesn't, or to make
    >>>it appear as if it says what *you* want it to say and not what it actually does,
    >>>isn't very ethical. :)

    >>But you *are* still flying the flag (so to speak) for them;
    >>they have removed *this* group from their forums, and
    >>your continued use of those signatures is almost certainly
    >>having the *opposite* effect to that which I suspect you
    >>intend. Even negative publicity can be good publicity.

    >I had originally intended to use the sig until they had removed feeds to all the
    >groups they'd taken, but I see this isn't going to happen anyway. So, very well;
    >off with the sig.
    >
    >--

    ^^^^^
    Fixed that, too. LOL

    Mara, Sep 13, 2004
  12. joevan

    WormWood Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:40:37 -0400, WormWood wrote:
    >

    >>"Mara" <> wrote in message

    >>> Man, I'm glad I've got satellite. Gah.
    >>>

    >>I have both satellite and cable. I see no difference in the number of
    >>ads between the two unless you have subscribed to certain premium
    >>channels, available on either.

    > I don't see many ads on mine. I have a 2nd tier package - no movie
    > channels.
    >
    > <snip>
    >>> howtofixcomputers.com is bogus. :)

    >>Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
    >>wants in order to attract more advertisers?

    > I suppose so, since you edited the sig. There are *two* links in
    > there, not one,
    > and there's a reason for that. Editing a post, *or* a sig, that isn't
    > your own,
    > whether in order to make it appear that it says something it doesn't,
    > or to make
    > it appear as if it says what *you* want it to say and not what it
    > actually does,
    > isn't very ethical. :)

    I would be most grateful if you would not label what I do as
    'Unethical.' Unless of course you an expert on the Principle Of Ethics.

    --
    A rule is a way of carrying out a principle and is subject to change,
    while a principle is the scientific 'why' behind a rule and is not

    WormWood, Sep 13, 2004
  13. joevan

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, joevan mused:

    | Is that a problem, and should we keep it out of our soup pot?
    | I wonder if that is what the advertisers think we will use our toilet
    | brush for when they warn us of such. GD tv ads. Sad stuff. GD AD
    | people.

    Why worry about the germs on the toilet brush ... at least it's supposed
    to have them. There are trace particles of fecal matter on your tooth
    brush.

    mhicaoidh, Sep 13, 2004
  14. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 03:29:30 GMT, "mhicaoidh"
    <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailŠPäM.com> wrote:

    >Taking a moment's reflection, joevan mused:
    >|
    >| Is that a problem, and should we keep it out of our soup pot?
    >| I wonder if that is what the advertisers think we will use our toilet
    >| brush for when they warn us of such. GD tv ads. Sad stuff. GD AD
    >| people.
    >
    > Why worry about the germs on the toilet brush ... at least it's supposed
    >to have them. There are trace particles of fecal matter on your tooth
    >brush.

    What me worry? That was not what I was saying, you missed the point, I
    was trying to put the ad creeps down, but maybe I have failed
    miserably. Alas, I must put the pen away for a while and study toilet
    brushes and report to Madison I guess.
    joevan

    joevan, Sep 13, 2004
  15. joevan

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, joevan mused:

    | What me worry? That was not what I was saying, you missed the point, I
    | was trying to put the ad creeps down, but maybe I have failed
    | miserably.

    No. I was agreeing with you ... and adding to it by saying there are
    more important objects which contain "germs from the toilet" to worry about.

    mhicaoidh, Sep 13, 2004
  16. joevan

    Raberroget Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:58:00 GMT, "mhicaoidh"
    <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailŠPäM.com> wrote:

    >Taking a moment's reflection, joevan mused:
    >|
    >| What me worry? That was not what I was saying, you missed the point, I
    >| was trying to put the ad creeps down, but maybe I have failed
    >| miserably.
    >
    > No. I was agreeing with you ... and adding to it by saying there are
    >more important objects which contain "germs from the toilet" to worry about.

    Thanks, I appreciate it. I know that if you keep you toothbrush in the
    bathroom it will have germs on it. Fortunately for us we have
    immunities which handle small particles of such bugs, too bad the
    creeepppies on Madison have to pump themselves up so.
    joevan

    Raberroget, Sep 13, 2004
  17. joevan

    Robin Hood Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:49:14 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >>joevan wrote:
    >>> Is that a problem, and should we keep it out of our soup pot?
    >>> I wonder if that is what the advertisers think we will use our toilet
    >>> brush for when they warn us of such. GD tv ads. Sad stuff. GD AD
    >>> people.
    >>> joevan

    >>Kind of makes me long for the days when it wasn't allowed to advertise
    >>women on their period talking about leaks, people with diarrhea grabbing
    >>their asses, toilet paper that does a better job of wiping because it's
    >>pre-moistened, etc etc. But what pisses me more is watching cable TV and
    >>with every advertising break comes two or three ads telling us how great
    >>cable TV is.

    > Man, I'm glad I've got satellite. Gah.

    Yes, you get adverts telling you how great Sky box-office is to persuade you
    to spend even more than the already over priced subscription.

    TV is fast losing me as a viewer.
    is fast losing me as a viewer. I bought a freeview box and it doesn't add
    any TV programming worth watching. One radio station BBC7 is quite good for
    old radio programmes, but I don't bother with that any longer. Nostalgia
    tends to run dry after a while.

    The TV programming these days is terrible. More and more channels with less
    on them. As for programmes like Big Brother. What do people see in them? By
    comparison, watching paint dry is an entertainment.
    Advert breaks seem to getting longer and more frequent, so on the rare
    occasion there is something in the listings worth watching I record it and
    watch it later so I can skip the adverts.

    Robin Hood, Sep 13, 2004
  18. joevan

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:49:14 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >Kind of makes me long for the days when it wasn't allowed to advertise
    >women on their period talking about leaks, people with diarrhea grabbing
    >their asses, toilet paper that does a better job of wiping because it's
    >pre-moistened, etc etc. But what pisses me more is watching cable TV and
    >with every advertising break comes two or three ads telling us how great
    >cable TV is.

    What bugs me is the quit smoking aid products. If you actually try to quit, you can't
    watch TV because you are constantly being bombarded with reminders of smoking.

    Shel-hed, Sep 13, 2004
  19. joevan

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:42:02 -0500, in
    <>
    Mara scrawled:

    <snip>

    >So, very well; off with the sig.

    Thanks. :)

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Sep 13, 2004
  20. joevan

    sqool Guest

    It is alleged that sometime during Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:36:54 +0100, Robin
    Hood wrote this:

    > "Mara" <> wrote in message

    >>>Kind of makes me long for the days when it wasn't allowed to advertise
    >>>women on their period talking about leaks, people with diarrhea grabbing
    >>>their asses, toilet paper that does a better job of wiping because it's
    >>>pre-moistened, etc etc. But what pisses me more is watching cable TV and
    >>>with every advertising break comes two or three ads telling us how great
    >>>cable TV is.

    >> Man, I'm glad I've got satellite. Gah.
    >>

    > Yes, you get adverts telling you how great Sky box-office is to persuade
    > you to spend even more than the already over priced subscription.

    I don't think they have SKY in the US.

    > TV is fast losing me as a viewer.
    > is fast losing me as a viewer. I bought a freeview box and it doesn't add
    > any TV programming worth watching. One radio station BBC7 is quite good
    > for old radio programmes, but I don't bother with that any longer.
    > Nostalgia tends to run dry after a while.

    I very raelty watch TV, as the BBC is full of repeats, & ITV is
    beginning to follow.

    > The TV programming these days is terrible. More and more channels with
    > less on them.

    The BBC in particular. It's spread itself thinly over a few channels, &
    most programmes are repeats of what it's shown on it's other
    channels..."Previously shown on BBC3"; "Previously shown on BBC2";
    "Another chance to see..." ITV2 isn't much better. Yeesh.

    > As for programmes like Big Brother. What do people see in them? By
    > comparison, watching paint dry is an entertainment.

    It's absolute crap. So are most "reality" programmes IMHO.

    > Advert breaks seem to getting longer and more frequent, so on the rare
    > occasion there is something in the listings worth watching I record it
    > and watch it later so I can skip the adverts.

    Actually ITV, C4 & Ch5 are allowed 8 minutes in every hour to advertise
    products.

    --
    SuSE 9.1 Pro
    KDE 3.3.0