Germany passes law that imposes 2 year prison sentence for illegal downloading.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Useful Info, May 16, 2007.

  1. Useful Info

    Useful Info Guest

    Useful Info, May 16, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Useful Info

    Mark Guest

    Useful Info <> babbled:

    > Police state rising...


    Nonsense.

    > Read all about it, here: http://Muvy.org


    Not much there, and what's there is for the simpletons and from from
    The Times March 24, 2006 !!! A bit behind, retarded perhaps?

    http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/article694986.ece

    More to the point:

    http://www.zeit.de/online/2006/30/urheberrecht-online

    http://www.wir-haben-privat-kopiert.de/privkop/press/home

    http://www.attac.de/aktuell/presse/presse_ausgabe.php?id=614

    http://www.irights.info/index.php?id=81&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=248&cHash=b9959979f8

    Now, who has actually bothered to read and study this particular law?
    OK, nobody.


    Mark
    Mark, May 16, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On May 16, 1:30 pm, Mark <> wrote:

    > Nonsense.


    In Sweden and other European countries we are going the other way, the
    politicians are saying that downloading cannot be a crime, because we
    cannot put a whole generation in prison.

    The politicians have changed their position in face of an overwhelming
    opinion among the people, so now it is very unlikely that anybody
    could be tried for downloading.

    --
    Roger J.

    Visit the big ACF freeware wiki:
    http://freeware.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    Roger Johansson, May 16, 2007
    #3
  4. Useful Info

    skip Guest

    Roger Johansson <> wrote in
    news::

    > On May 16, 1:30 pm, Mark <> wrote:
    >
    >> Nonsense.

    >
    > In Sweden and other European countries we are going the other way, the
    > politicians are saying that downloading cannot be a crime, because we
    > cannot put a whole generation in prison.
    >
    > The politicians have changed their position in face of an overwhelming
    > opinion among the people, so now it is very unlikely that anybody
    > could be tried for downloading.
    >
    > --
    > Roger J.
    >
    > Visit the big ACF freeware wiki:
    > http://freeware.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    >


    yesss about time . In a few years they will be pardoned in the USA nd made
    citizens
    skip, May 16, 2007
    #4
  5. Useful Info

    gavin Guest

    "Useful Info" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Police state rising...
    > Read all about it, here: http://Muvy.org


    As far as software is concerned, since discovering this newsgroup I'm
    surprised that anyone would bother downloading illegal software - it seems
    to me that there is a free (and usually excellent) alternative to just about
    every application!
    gavin, May 16, 2007
    #5
  6. Useful Info

    NRen2k5 Guest

    Re: Germany passes law that imposes 2 year prison sentence for illegaldownloading.

    gavin wrote:
    > "Useful Info" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Police state rising... Read all about it, here: http://Muvy.org

    >
    > As far as software is concerned, since discovering this newsgroup I'm
    > surprised that anyone would bother downloading illegal software - it
    > seems to me that there is a free (and usually excellent) alternative
    > to just about every application!


    Not really. While GIMP is nice for quick resize jobs, etc. it really
    doesn't compare to a photo editing app like Photoshop. Likewise (as far
    as I know) there are no freeware CAD programs that even come close to
    AutoCAD.
    NRen2k5, May 17, 2007
    #6
  7. On 16 May 2007 03:56:24 -0700, Useful Info <> wrote:

    >Police state rising...
    >Read all about it, here: http://Muvy.org



    It is not a police state, you fucking retard!

    You do not get to fucking steal. It is *that* simple, dipshit.
    The Great Attractor, May 18, 2007
    #7
  8. On Wed, 16 May 2007 16:07:20 GMT, "gavin"
    <> wrote:

    >
    >"Useful Info" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> Police state rising...
    >> Read all about it, here: http://Muvy.org

    >
    >As far as software is concerned, since discovering this newsgroup I'm
    >surprised that anyone would bother downloading illegal software - it seems
    >to me that there is a free (and usually excellent) alternative to just about
    >every application!
    >


    Since this post is cross posted to SEVERAL groups, you might want to
    word your CRAP a bit more thoughtfully.
    The Great Attractor, May 18, 2007
    #8
  9. Useful Info

    Dirk Guest

    Useful Info <> wrote in news:1179312984.881491.160150
    @q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

    > Police state rising...
    > Read all about it, here: http://Muvy.org
    >



    In the Netherlands downloading copyrighted things is not illegal, as long
    as you only use it for personal use and don't distribute it in any way,
    so uploading is illegal.
    Good idea they had to fight against the illegal distribution of
    copyrighted material:
    Only go after uploaders (without uploads there won't be any downloads
    either), which makes it posible to aim all your energy and resources at
    less people.
    Let people pay a bit more for empty media (cd's and dvd's) to get some
    money back from the downloaders to the people holding the copyright.


    --
    Dirk
    Dirk, May 18, 2007
    #9
  10. Useful Info

    NRen2k5 Guest

    Re: Germany passes law that imposes 2 year prison sentence for illegaldownloading.

    Dirk wrote:
    > In the Netherlands downloading copyrighted things is not illegal, as
    > long as you only use it for personal use and don't distribute it in
    > any way, so uploading is illegal. Good idea they had to fight against
    > the illegal distribution of copyrighted material: Only go after
    > uploaders (without uploads there won't be any downloads either),
    > which makes it posible to aim all your energy and resources at less
    > people. Let people pay a bit more for empty media (cd's and dvd's) to
    > get some money back from the downloaders to the people holding the
    > copyright.


    Works the same here in Canada. And I *do* mean “works.†Glad to see
    somebody else somewhere has clued in.

    P.S. Please don't use the “Followup-to†field like that.
    NRen2k5, May 18, 2007
    #10
  11. Useful Info

    gavin Guest

    "NRen2k5" <> wrote in message
    news:WJZ2i.17207$...
    > gavin wrote:
    >> "Useful Info" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> Police state rising... Read all about it, here: http://Muvy.org

    >>
    >> As far as software is concerned, since discovering this newsgroup I'm
    >> surprised that anyone would bother downloading illegal software - it
    >> seems to me that there is a free (and usually excellent) alternative
    >> to just about every application!

    >
    > Not really. While GIMP is nice for quick resize jobs, etc. it really
    > doesn't compare to a photo editing app like Photoshop. Likewise (as far
    > as I know) there are no freeware CAD programs that even come close to
    > AutoCAD.


    Yes, really! "Power users" of any given application might have the same
    argument as you but "most" applications (I hate generalising!) in my
    experience are full of features that "average users" (the majority?) never
    need. And so a nice lean fast freeware application is usually just the
    ticket for "average" me.
    gavin, May 18, 2007
    #11
  12. On Fri, 18 May 2007 16:55:26 GMT, "gavin"
    <> wrote:

    >
    >"NRen2k5" <> wrote in message
    >news:WJZ2i.17207$...
    >> gavin wrote:
    >>> "Useful Info" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:...
    >>>> Police state rising... Read all about it, here: http://Muvy.org
    >>>
    >>> As far as software is concerned, since discovering this newsgroup I'm
    >>> surprised that anyone would bother downloading illegal software - it
    >>> seems to me that there is a free (and usually excellent) alternative
    >>> to just about every application!

    >>
    >> Not really. While GIMP is nice for quick resize jobs, etc. it really
    >> doesn't compare to a photo editing app like Photoshop. Likewise (as far
    >> as I know) there are no freeware CAD programs that even come close to
    >> AutoCAD.

    >
    >Yes, really! "Power users" of any given application might have the same
    >argument as you but "most" applications (I hate generalising!) in my
    >experience are full of features that "average users" (the majority?) never
    >need. And so a nice lean fast freeware application is usually just the
    >ticket for "average" me.
    >

    Sometimes you can actually do more with freeware. Sometimes not.
    On the Road to Damascus, May 19, 2007
    #12
  13. Useful Info

    NRen2k5 Guest

    Re: Germany passes law that imposes 2 year prison sentence for illegaldownloading.

    gavin wrote:
    > "NRen2k5" <> wrote in message
    > news:WJZ2i.17207$...
    >> gavin wrote:
    >>> "Useful Info" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:...
    >>>> Police state rising... Read all about it, here: http://Muvy.org
    >>> As far as software is concerned, since discovering this newsgroup I'm
    >>> surprised that anyone would bother downloading illegal software - it
    >>> seems to me that there is a free (and usually excellent) alternative
    >>> to just about every application!

    >> Not really. While GIMP is nice for quick resize jobs, etc. it really
    >> doesn't compare to a photo editing app like Photoshop. Likewise (as far
    >> as I know) there are no freeware CAD programs that even come close to
    >> AutoCAD.

    >
    > Yes, really! "Power users" of any given application might have the same
    > argument as you but "most" applications (I hate generalising!) in my
    > experience are full of features that "average users" (the majority?) never
    > need. And so a nice lean fast freeware application is usually just the
    > ticket for "average" me.


    True, that.
    NRen2k5, May 19, 2007
    #13
  14. The Great Attractor
    <> wrote in
    news::

    > On 16 May 2007 03:56:24 -0700, Useful Info <> wrote:
    >
    >>Police state rising...
    >>Read all about it, here: http://Muvy.org

    >
    >
    > It is not a police state, you fucking retard!
    >
    > You do not get to fucking steal. It is *that* simple, dipshit.
    >


    I do, It's that simple.
    Lamey Teh cable Guy, May 20, 2007
    #14
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Don Kim

    9 year old passes C# MCP Exam!

    Don Kim, Jul 15, 2005, in forum: MCSD
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,533
    Guest
    Jul 16, 2005
  2. acanofcant

    Changing to sentence cast

    acanofcant, Sep 1, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    453
    Jamlid78
    Sep 4, 2003
  3. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    508
  4. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    865
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
  5. Meat Plow
    Replies:
    33
    Views:
    1,279
    Aardvark
    Nov 16, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page