    the word I am pointing to pop up in a box. I don't remember what I
    installed to make this happen. Does anybody know so I can turn if
    off? Thanks.
    Sam, Jul 24, 2006

  2. Sam

    Frosty Guest

    On or about Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:56:04 -0400, an entity identified as
    Sam <> proudly proclaimed:

    >I've noticed that when I surf the Web with IE, German equivalents of
    >the word I am pointing to pop up in a box. I don't remember what I
    >installed to make this happen. Does anybody know so I can turn if
    >off? Thanks.

    I thought this was gonna be about dogs.
    Frosty, Jul 24, 2006

  3. Sam

    Sam Guest

    On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:02:08 -0400, Frosty <> wrote:

    >On or about Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:56:04 -0400, an entity identified as
    >Sam <> proudly proclaimed:
    >
    >>I've noticed that when I surf the Web with IE, German equivalents of
    >>the word I am pointing to pop up in a box. I don't remember what I
    >>installed to make this happen. Does anybody know so I can turn if
    >>off? Thanks.

    >I thought this was gonna be about dogs.

    I found out what it was. It is an option on the Google toolbar. You
    can also have Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese,
    Korean, French, Italian and Spanish Pointers. The catch is that the
    page often hangs when you have it enabled. I think it is trying to
    cache translations of all the words on the page. Woof, Woof, Barf.
    Sam, Jul 24, 2006
  4. Sam

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Frosty wrote:
    > On or about Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:56:04 -0400, an entity identified as
    > Sam <> proudly proclaimed:
    >
    >> I've noticed that when I surf the Web with IE, German equivalents of
    >> the word I am pointing to pop up in a box. I don't remember what I
    >> installed to make this happen. Does anybody know so I can turn if
    >> off? Thanks.

    > I thought this was gonna be about dogs.

    Me too <g>

    Wanna see pictures of mine?
    http://www.geocities.com/tim_n_puppies/

    Toolman Tim, Jul 25, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim wrote:
    > Frosty wrote:
    >> On or about Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:56:04 -0400, an entity identified as
    >> Sam <> proudly proclaimed:
    >>
    >>> I've noticed that when I surf the Web with IE, German equivalents of
    >>> the word I am pointing to pop up in a box. I don't remember what I
    >>> installed to make this happen. Does anybody know so I can turn if
    >>> off? Thanks.

    >> I thought this was gonna be about dogs.

    > Me too <g>
    >
    > Wanna see pictures of mine?
    > http://www.geocities.com/tim_n_puppies/

    Adorable. :)

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
    that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. Jonathan Swift
    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jul 25, 2006
  6. Sam

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> Frosty wrote:
    >>> On or about Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:56:04 -0400, an entity identified as
    >>> Sam <> proudly proclaimed:

    >>> I thought this was gonna be about dogs.

    >> Me too <g>
    >>
    >> Wanna see pictures of mine?
    >> http://www.geocities.com/tim_n_puppies/

    > Adorable. :)

    Slightly spoiled. Okay - more than slightly <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jul 25, 2006
  7. Sam

    Frosty Guest

    On or about Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:25:18 -0700, an entity identified as
    "Toolman Tim" <> proudly proclaimed:

    >Frosty wrote:
    >> On or about Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:56:04 -0400, an entity identified as
    >> Sam <> proudly proclaimed:
    >>
    >>> I've noticed that when I surf the Web with IE, German equivalents of
    >>> the word I am pointing to pop up in a box. I don't remember what I
    >>> installed to make this happen. Does anybody know so I can turn if
    >>> off? Thanks.

    >> I thought this was gonna be about dogs.

    >Me too <g>
    >
    >Wanna see pictures of mine?
    >http://www.geocities.com/tim_n_puppies/

    Cute! But you didn't say: Did Dreamer become a good companion to
    Beethoven? (Which is why you got Dreamer in the first place?)
    And BTW, Maggie's page is VERY loud! (Well, since I had my volume up
    and that calliope came on with no warning...) But anyway some of the
    text doesn't work real well with Firefox, Netscape, and the page
    doesn't come up at all in IE or Avant.
    Frosty, Jul 25, 2006
  8. Sam

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Frosty wrote:
    > On or about Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:25:18 -0700, an entity identified as
    > "Toolman Tim" <> proudly proclaimed:
    >
    >> Frosty wrote:
    >>> On or about Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:56:04 -0400, an entity identified as
    >>> Sam <> proudly proclaimed:

    >>> I thought this was gonna be about dogs.

    >> Me too <g>
    >>
    >> Wanna see pictures of mine?
    >> http://www.geocities.com/tim_n_puppies/

    > Cute! But you didn't say: Did Dreamer become a good companion to
    > Beethoven? (Which is why you got Dreamer in the first place?)

    Oh yeah - they play together very nicely. Maggie on the other hand tends to
    be bossy and obnoxious to Dreamer, so they don't get sometimes.

    > And BTW, Maggie's page is VERY loud! (Well, since I had my volume up
    > and that calliope came on with no warning...) But anyway some of the
    > text doesn't work real well with Firefox, Netscape, and the page
    > doesn't come up at all in IE or Avant.

    Heh - the page is generated by the Geocities WYSIWYG tools. So it doesn't
    surprise me that it isn't compatible with many browsers. I've never had the
    inclination to learn HTML, and my time playing with Front Page was well
    wasted.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 25, 2006