George Preddy is ...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RaYzor, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. RaYzor

    RaYzor Guest

    Hey all,

    I never posted here before, but I decided after I got word of a George
    Preddy in here, I would try to warn you.

    George Preddy used to post OUTLANDISH claims about his super mega Amiga
    computer in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy as SG ... I mean, he used to say his
    15 year old Amiga 1000 was faster than server-level dual CPU intel machines.
    Just outrageous.

    Well, he is known to us in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy group as a complete
    lunatic with no grasp of reality. He also claimed to be a US Air Force
    pilot (however, he posted so much fn crap in there, and spent so much time
    on it, you wonder how he ever even had a job, let alone a demanding military
    career) ...

    Anyhow, you may find a Google groups search in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy for
    SG as basis for his insanity. Also there was a mock interview with him,
    which is very funny but also rings fairly true, here:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=S...cya.18321$&rnum=1

    MY advice: ignore the guy. He is insane.

    Thanks
    RaYzor

    RaYzor, Dec 27, 2003

  2. RaYzor

    R2D2 Guest

    "RaYzor" <> wrote in

    > MY advice: ignore the guy. He is insane.

    He is a stinking troll.

    R2D2, Dec 27, 2003

  3. RaYzor

    Steve Young Guest

    > "RaYzor" <> wrote
    > Hey all,

    > I never posted here before, but I decided after I got word of a George
    > Preddy in here, I would try to warn you.

    > George Preddy used to post OUTLANDISH claims about his super mega Amiga
    > computer in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy as SG ... I mean, he used to say his
    > 15 year old Amiga 1000 was faster than server-level dual CPU intel machines.
    > Just outrageous.

    > Well, he is known to us in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy group as a complete
    > lunatic with no grasp of reality. He also claimed to be a US Air Force
    > pilot (however, he posted so much fn crap in there, and spent so much time
    > on it, you wonder how he ever even had a job, let alone a demanding military
    > career) ...

    > Anyhow, you may find a Google groups search in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy for
    > SG as basis for his insanity. Also there was a mock interview with him,
    > which is very funny but also rings fairly true, here:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=SG interview group:comp.sys.amiga.advocacy&hl=
    en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=comp.sys.amiga.advocacy&selm=Facya.18321%245y5.20
    9%40twister.nyroc.rr.com&rnum=1

    > MY advice: ignore the guy. He is insane.

    Yawn!

    Steve Young, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Re: George Preddy is a lying dirt bag

    He is also a lying dirt bag

    Preddy said: 'In fact, the 10D is the
    > >worst offender in AWB, dpreview.com's review calls it completely

    unusable'.

    Dpreview Says nothing of the sort:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos10d/page19.asp

    Betty Swallocks, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Re: George Preddy is a sad git who spent xmas on his PC

    Norbert Colon, Dec 27, 2003
  6. Re: George Preddy is a sad git who still lives with his moma

    Norbert Colon, Dec 27, 2003
  7. Re: George Preddy is a USAF pilot (yeah right)

    Norbert Colon, Dec 27, 2003
  8. Re: George Preddy is a 3rd rate photographer with a 3rd rate camera

    Norbert Colon, Dec 27, 2003
  9. "RaYzor" <> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I never posted here before, but I decided after I got word of a George
    > Preddy in here, I would try to warn you.
    >
    > Well, he is known to us in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy group as a complete
    > lunatic with no grasp of reality. He also claimed to be a US Air Force
    > pilot (however, he posted so much fn crap in there, and spent so much time
    > on it, you wonder how he ever even had a job, let alone a demanding

    military
    > career) ...

    The real George Preddy was a WWII P-51 Mustang driver (352nd Fighter Group,
    Eighth Air Force) and was the third ranking US ace in the European Theatre
    with 26.83 confirmed kills. Was killed by friendly ground fire on Christmas
    day 1944.

    For this loser to evoke the name of George Preddy is an insult to all those
    who served...

    Cite: http://www.acepilots.com/usaaf_preddy.html

    Darrell Larose
    Ottawa, Canada

    Darrell Larose, Dec 27, 2003
  10. RaYzor

    PhotoMan Guest

    Re: George Preddy is a 3rd rate photographer with a 3rd rate camera

    Hey Norbert - are you related to George Preddy?

    PhotoMan, Dec 27, 2003
  11. RaYzor

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    " Darrell Larose" <> wrote in message
    > "RaYzor" <> wrote in message
    > > Hey all,
    > >
    > > I never posted here before, but I decided after I got word of a George
    > > Preddy in here, I would try to warn you.
    > >
    > > Well, he is known to us in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy group as a complete
    > > lunatic with no grasp of reality. He also claimed to be a US Air Force
    > > pilot (however, he posted so much fn crap in there, and spent so much

    time
    > > on it, you wonder how he ever even had a job, let alone a demanding

    > military
    > > career) ...
    > >

    > The real George Preddy was a WWII P-51 Mustang driver (352nd Fighter

    Group,
    > Eighth Air Force) and was the third ranking US ace in the European Theatre
    > with 26.83 confirmed kills. Was killed by friendly ground fire on

    Christmas
    > day 1944.
    >
    > For this loser to evoke the name of George Preddy is an insult to all

    those
    > who served...
    >
    > Cite: http://www.acepilots.com/usaaf_preddy.html

    And if his name IS George Preddy?

    What should he do?

    BTW Abraham Lincoln is alive and well and living on 77th Street in Brooklyn.

    And we've got SIX George Washingtons.

    Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 27, 2003
  12. RaYzor

    RaYzor Guest

    > > Cite: http://www.acepilots.com/usaaf_preddy.html

    > And if his name IS George Preddy?
    >
    > What should he do?

    It isn't. He is a pathelogical liar with no regard for reality. Again,
    look for SG in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy -- u will see

    RaYzor

    RaYzor, Dec 27, 2003
  13. I believe George Preddy is a nom-de-plume to troll this group

    Darrell Larose, Dec 27, 2003