    1. Advertising

  2. R2D2

    steve Guest

    steve, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Ernest T. Bass, Dec 23, 2003
  4. R2D2

    Mark M Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    news:FRQFb.2201$...

    http://www.tech-sol.net/humor/funphoto11.htm

    > rofl!
    >
    > Where is the camera he is using?

    He's just looking for more statistics and "mystery-math" about his cheesy
    SD9...
    ....the same place he pulled all the other rediculous claims from.
    Mark M, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Betty Swallocks, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Hi Sweaty Betty.
    George Preddy, Dec 23, 2003
  7. R2D2

    Alan Browne Guest

    Alan Browne, Dec 23, 2003
  8. R2D2

    Marc Guest

    "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    > R2D2 wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.tech-sol.net/humor/funphoto11.htm

    > New verse for "Mighty George P.":
    >

    > I searched near and far
    > For a camera with class
    > Found A Sigma cam
    > Right up my dumb ass.

    Or....

    I'm at the sort of age
    Where I really can't stand change,
    And it's all getting difficult for me
    I know that George is right -
    Which puts me in a plight,
    So I laugh, and pretend that I can't see.....

    The colours 'are' so vivid
    I really must admit -
    (Albeit, only to myself}
    But I 'can't' be interested
    Because I have invested
    In cameras that will soon be on the shelf...

    So I laugh at poor old George,
    And I call him 'Sad', and 'Mad' -
    (I feel better with myself when I do that)
    Although I know he's true,
    It's all that I can do -
    And besides, you see, I'm really just a twat

    Happy Christmas George.....
    Marc, Dec 23, 2003
  9. R2D2

    Mark M Guest

    "Marc" <> wrote in message

    > "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    > > R2D2 wrote:
    > >
    > > > http://www.tech-sol.net/humor/funphoto11.htm

    > > New verse for "Mighty George P.":
    > >

    > > I searched near and far
    > > For a camera with class
    > > Found A Sigma cam
    > > Right up my dumb ass.
    > >

    > Or....
    >
    > I'm at the sort of age
    > Where I really can't stand change,
    > And it's all getting difficult for me
    > I know that George is right -
    > Which puts me in a plight,
    > So I laugh, and pretend that I can't see.....
    >
    > The colours 'are' so vivid
    > I really must admit -
    > (Albeit, only to myself}
    > But I 'can't' be interested
    > Because I have invested
    > In cameras that will soon be on the shelf...
    >
    > So I laugh at poor old George,
    > And I call him 'Sad', and 'Mad' -
    > (I feel better with myself when I do that)
    > Although I know he's true,
    > It's all that I can do -
    > And besides, you see, I'm really just a twat

    You officially pass the 3rd grade poetry exam. :)
    Mark M, Dec 23, 2003
  10. On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:26:58 -0000, "Marc" <>
    wrote:

    >"Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    >> R2D2 wrote:
    >>
    >> > http://www.tech-sol.net/humor/funphoto11.htm

    >> New verse for "Mighty George P.":
    >>

    >> I searched near and far
    >> For a camera with class
    >> Found A Sigma cam
    >> Right up my dumb ass.
    >>

    >Or....
    >
    >I'm at the sort of age
    >Where I really can't stand change,
    >And it's all getting difficult for me
    >I know that George is right -
    >Which puts me in a plight,
    >So I laugh, and pretend that I can't see.....
    >
    >The colours 'are' so vivid
    >I really must admit -
    >(Albeit, only to myself}
    >But I 'can't' be interested
    >Because I have invested
    >In cameras that will soon be on the shelf...
    >
    >So I laugh at poor old George,
    >And I call him 'Sad', and 'Mad' -
    >(I feel better with myself when I do that)
    >Although I know he's true,
    >It's all that I can do -
    >And besides, you see, I'm really just a twat
    >
    >Happy Christmas George.....

    It's really not so funny,
    I spent a lot of money.
    Bought me a Canon.
    Thought it was the tops, up there with the best.
    I joined the mob and slagged off the rest.
    Bought me a Canon.
    Then along came George,
    The fly in my ointment,
    The grit in life's vaseline.
    Showed me real colours and true definition,
    And Canon's sent to perdition.
    What can I do?
    For I bought me a Canon.
    Paid a lot of money; now here's a real enigma.
    'Cos I should have bought a Sigma.
    Quarter the price, three times the colour.
    George, you nasty man, I don't sleep at night,
    Because I know you're right.
    Admit it, NEVER!
    It's Canon FOREVER!
    When I spend much money,
    Lest my bowels get runny,
    I've got to defend my choice.
    So, George, that's why you hear my voice,
    Abusing you and your Sigma,
    Calling you mad, bad and worse,
    Liar and cheat.
    All because I bought me a Canon.

    Happy Christmas, George.
    Independent Sigma Evaluator, Dec 23, 2003
  11. R2D2

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Preddy, your profound knowledge of visual arts
    Reminds me of true artists who always can
    Explain their techniques by just showing their
    Dazzling, stunning, breathtaking pictures.
    Do us photographic plebes the favor of showing
    Your deep insight into true understanding of how
    Images are composed in the incredible and
    Superb Foveon sensor, which shows in
    All its glory how the color of human skin is really
    Not what our humble and insensitive eyes see but
    A completely different tone. In fact it's the TV show the
    Simpsons that finally showed us what human skin is like.
    Sigma understood this very well. No other manufacturer did...

    :)
    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 24, 2003
  12. "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in message
    > Preddy, your profound knowledge of visual arts
    > Reminds me of true artists who always can
    > Explain their techniques by just showing their
    > Dazzling, stunning, breathtaking pictures.

    Thanks.
    George Preddy, Dec 24, 2003
  13. R2D2

    Mark M Guest

    "George Preddy" <> wrote in message

    > "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in message
    > > Preddy, your profound knowledge of visual arts
    > > Reminds me of true artists who always can
    > > Explain their techniques by just showing their
    > > Dazzling, stunning, breathtaking pictures.

    > Thanks.

    That's called sarcasm, you Troll.
    Mark M, Dec 24, 2003
  14. "Mark M" <> wrote in message

    > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in message
    > > > Preddy, your profound knowledge of visual arts
    > > > Reminds me of true artists who always can
    > > > Explain their techniques by just showing their
    > > > Dazzling, stunning, breathtaking pictures.

    > > Thanks.

    > That's called sarcasm

    I was being honest.
    George Preddy, Dec 24, 2003
  15. Canon anthem (was Re: George Preddy opened my eyes)

    "Independent Sigma Evaluator" <> wrote in message

    > It's really not so funny,
    > I spent a lot of money.
    > Bought me a Canon.
    > Thought it was the tops, up there with the best.
    > I joined the mob and slagged off the rest.
    > Bought me a Canon.
    > Then along came George,
    > The fly in my ointment,
    > The grit in life's vaseline.
    > Showed me real colours and true definition,
    > And Canon's sent to perdition.
    > What can I do?
    > For I bought me a Canon.
    > Paid a lot of money; now here's a real enigma.
    > 'Cos I should have bought a Sigma.
    > Quarter the price, three times the colour.
    > George, you nasty man, I don't sleep at night,
    > Because I know you're right.
    > Admit it, NEVER!
    > It's Canon FOREVER!
    > When I spend much money,
    > Lest my bowels get runny,
    > I've got to defend my choice.
    > So, George, that's why you hear my voice,
    > Abusing you and your Sigma,
    > Calling you mad, bad and worse,
    > Liar and cheat.
    > All because I bought me a Canon.
    >
    > Happy Christmas, George.

    Merry Christmas.
    George Preddy, Dec 24, 2003
  16. R2D2

    Bill M Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:44:24 +0900, "George Preddy"
    <> wrote:

    >"Mark M" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.

    >> That's called sarcasm

    >I was being honest.

    Inconceivable...you don't know how to be honest, there's ample proof
    of that all over the place.
    Bill M, Dec 24, 2003
  17. "Bill M" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:44:24 +0900, "George Preddy"
    > <> wrote:

    > Inconceivable...you don't know how to be honest, there's ample proof
    > of that all over the place.

    Hi Johnny.
    George Preddy, Dec 24, 2003
  18. R2D2

    > "Bill M" <> wrote in message
    > > On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:44:24 +0900, "George Preddy"
    > > <> wrote:

    > > Inconceivable...you don't know how to be honest, there's ample proof
    > > of that all over the place.

    > Hi Johnny.

    (George is talking to the little green man again)
    Mark M, Dec 24, 2003
  19. R2D2

    Bill M Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 05:21:43 +0900, "George Preddy"
    <> wrote:

    >"Bill M" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:44:24 +0900, "George Preddy"
    >> <> wrote:

    >> Inconceivable...you don't know how to be honest, there's ample proof
    >> of that all over the place.

    >Hi Johnny.

    Wrong again...I've never used any name on usenet but my own. Your
    paranoia is showing (along with your MPD)...
    Bill M, Dec 24, 2003