    What can I do to get the newer players to display properly?

    Thanks,

    Norm Strong

    Guest, Dec 9, 2005

  2. On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:58:09 -0800, <> wrote:

    >I just rented a DVD from Netflix with a peculiar problem. It filled the
    >screen of my 4:3 TV set, but all the actors were tall and skinny. The
    >circular logo was an ellipse. IOW everything was squeezed horizontally. I
    >have 3 DVD players and the above description fit the newest 2. On my
    >original DVD player, 6 years old, the picture displayed properly at a 16:9
    >ratio with small bars above and below.
    >
    >What can I do to get the newer players to display properly?

    In your player setup menu, ensure that TV Type is set to 4:3
    Letterbox.

    However, if you've never seen this problem before, it may be that the
    disc is missing the flag to tell your player that it is anamorphic. In
    which case, you're a bit stuck!

    Steve

    The Doctor Who Restoration Team Website
    http://www.restoration-team.co.uk

    Steve Roberts, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Guest

    Biz Guest

    YOu have a 4:3 set, make sure teh dvd players are configured for 4:3LB, and
    not 4:3P&S or 16:9...

    You're a long long time poster here, this is DVD players 101, why the rookie
    question?

    Biz, Dec 9, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > YOu have a 4:3 set, make sure teh dvd players are configured for 4:3LB,
    > and
    > not 4:3P&S or 16:9...
    >
    > You're a long long time poster here, this is DVD players 101, why the
    > rookie
    > question?

    A long time poster, but a slow learner :)

    Norm

    Guest, Dec 10, 2005