    --
    luca
    , Apr 13, 2006

  2. Scope Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'd like to know if there is a provider which offers a FREE SIP
    > geographic number in France (Paris, Lione etc)... Do you know one?
    > Doesn't matter if I don't live there....
    >
    > Thanks in advance! :)
    >
    > --
    > luca

    You get a "free" french Geo number from voipdiscount.com if you deposit
    10 euro into your account.. This credit will be used towards any calls
    that are not free (60 countries free i think, including France), and any
    unused credits will expire after 120 days.. I'd use a Paris address to
    make sure you get a Geo number, otherwise you might end up with the
    french version of 056, if one exist, and then change back to your
    "proper" address once you get the inbound number.

    Im using them and they are great.
    Scope, Apr 13, 2006

  3. Guest

    Ok, but voipdiscount is not completely free... I mean you have to give
    them 10 euros... I don't want to give them anything! I wouldn't use it
    to make phone calls, but just to receive calls from France...
    I'd like something like SipGate or www.stanaphone.com ... They are
    totally free!
    Don't you know any of that kind in France?
    I already knew voipdiscount, voip-bla-bla-bla... etc etc... but I
    really don't like them!

    Thank you! :)
    , Apr 13, 2006
  4. paul123 Guest

    wrote:
    > Ok, but voipdiscount is not completely free... I mean you have to give
    > them 10 euros... I don't want to give them anything! I wouldn't use it
    > to make phone calls, but just to receive calls from France...
    > I'd like something like SipGate or www.stanaphone.com ... They are
    > totally free!
    > Don't you know any of that kind in France?
    > I already knew voipdiscount, voip-bla-bla-bla... etc etc... but I
    > really don't like them!
    >
    > Thank you! :)

    Not free, but www.gizmoproject.com offer Paris numbers for $35US for a
    year - about the same as the voipwotsit crowd (€10 every 120 days) -
    no free calls either.
    paul123, Apr 14, 2006
  5. paul123 wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Ok, but voipdiscount is not completely free... I mean you have to give
    >> them 10 euros... I don't want to give them anything! I wouldn't use it
    >> to make phone calls, but just to receive calls from France...
    >> I'd like something like SipGate or www.stanaphone.com ... They are
    >> totally free!
    >> Don't you know any of that kind in France?
    >> I already knew voipdiscount, voip-bla-bla-bla... etc etc... but I
    >> really don't like them!
    >>
    >> Thank you! :)

    > Not free, but www.gizmoproject.com offer Paris numbers for $35US for a
    > year - about the same as the voipwotsit crowd (€10 every 120 days) -
    > no free calls either.

    Voipfone are beta testing a french number service at the moment, For
    £2/month.
    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 14, 2006
  6. My Name Guest

    On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:32:32 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    <> wrote:

    >paul123 wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Ok, but voipdiscount is not completely free... I mean you have to give
    >>> them 10 euros... I don't want to give them anything! I wouldn't use it
    >>> to make phone calls, but just to receive calls from France...
    >>> I'd like something like SipGate or www.stanaphone.com ... They are
    >>> totally free!
    >>> Don't you know any of that kind in France?
    >>> I already knew voipdiscount, voip-bla-bla-bla... etc etc... but I
    >>> really don't like them!
    >>>
    >>> Thank you! :)

    >> Not free, but www.gizmoproject.com offer Paris numbers for $35US for a
    >> year - about the same as the voipwotsit crowd (€10 every 120 days) -
    >> no free calls either.
    >>

    >Voipfone are beta testing a french number service at the moment, For
    >£2/month.

    Voipdiscount and the like seem to be the best deal. 10 euros for 4
    months works out to 2.5 euros a month or 30 euros a year even if you
    don't make any calls. You can always use the credit for calling
    mobiles and rip-off numbers (in eihter the UK or France for that
    matter) which you sometimes can't escape.
    My Name, Apr 15, 2006
  7. Guest

    My Name wrote:
    > On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:32:32 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >paul123 wrote:

    > >> Not free, but www.gizmoproject.com offer Paris numbers for $35US for a
    > >> year - about the same as the voipwotsit crowd (€10 every 120 days) -
    > >> no free calls either.
    > >>

    > >Voipfone are beta testing a french number service at the moment, For
    > >£2/month.

    > Voipdiscount and the like seem to be the best deal. 10 euros for 4
    > months works out to 2.5 euros a month or 30 euros a year even if you
    > don't make any calls. You can always use the credit for calling
    > mobiles and rip-off numbers (in eihter the UK or France for that
    > matter) which you sometimes can't escape.

    You're right, voipdiscount seems to be the best compromise... but,
    if I don't make calls during the 120 days, will I always have the
    chance to receive calls to the geo numbers? Or better, will they cancel
    my 10euros credit or not?
    thank you!
    , Apr 15, 2006
  8. Scope Guest

    wrote:
    > You're right, voipdiscount seems to be the best compromise... but,
    > if I don't make calls during the 120 days, will I always have the
    > chance to receive calls to the geo numbers? Or better, will they cancel
    > my 10euros credit or not?
    > thank you!

    You willl always be able to receive phone calls as long as you've got
    credits. They will expire your credits after 120 if you dont use it, but
    i THINK if you purchase another 10 euro credit before the 120 days are
    up all the credits remain for another 120 days, but Im not sure about
    this. This way you can atleast keep the credits in case you one day get
    family or friends in one of the chargeable countries. :)
    Scope, Apr 15, 2006
  9. andy Guest

    Scope wrote:

    > This way you can atleast keep the credits in case you one day get
    > family or friends in one of the chargeable countries. :)

    Or forward some calls to your mobile ...
    andy, Apr 15, 2006