    samg Guest

    Will a geoforce2 mx400 work in an old Chaintech BX chipset motherboard?
    Wasnt there a voltage change somewhere around this age?

    samg, Sep 9, 2003

  2. samg

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "samg" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns93F1DB73AB32Fsamg@203.97.37.6...
    > Will a geoforce2 mx400 work in an old Chaintech BX chipset motherboard?
    > Wasnt there a voltage change somewhere around this age?

    I have a Abit BX2 chipset motherboard, Gforce 440 mx working fine on it.
    There was a change in AGP make sure the board supports AGP1x or 2x

    Craig Sutton, Sep 9, 2003

  3. samg

    SteveM Guest

    samg <> wrote in news:Xns93F1DB73AB32Fsamg@203.97.37.6:

    > Will a geoforce2 mx400 work in an old Chaintech BX chipset motherboard?
    > Wasnt there a voltage change somewhere around this age?

    Will work just fine - go for it.

    SteveM

    SteveM, Sep 9, 2003
  4. samg wrote:
    > However the motherboard manual only says AGP rev 1.0 compliant, does
    > this mean 1x/2x?

    The AGP revision number probably has nothing to do with the max speed it
    works with. Obviously yours works at at least 2x, otherwise your graphics
    card would do nothing

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Sep 10, 2003