    A GUI is also good. However, I want the saved image to be exactly the
    same without any compression etc.

    Thanks.
    PGPS, May 18, 2007

  2. PGPS wrote:
    > I have a bunch of pictures. I would like to have some command line
    > utility to add Latitude/Longitude information to the EXIF information
    > in the JPEG file without changing the image (compression etc.). I want
    > something like this
    >
    > c:\> MYGEOCODE c:\chicago\*.jpg 47.89 -87.63
    >
    > Where MYGEOCODE is the utility I am looking for and the numbers at the
    > end (47.89 and -87.63) are the latitude and longitude of Chicago.
    >
    > So, all the JPEG images will now have this information included.
    >
    > A GUI is also good. However, I want the saved image to be exactly the
    > same without any compression etc.

    Lightroom will allow information to be added to the IPTC and EXIF
    fields, as well as creating keywords, ratings, etc. It's totally
    non-destructive, as are any edits to the photo itself you may do.

    How you automate this is beyond my experience.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, May 18, 2007

  3. PGPS

    John Bean Guest

    On 18 May 2007 08:22:33 -0700, PGPS <>
    wrote:

    >I have a bunch of pictures. I would like to have some command line
    >utility to add Latitude/Longitude information to the EXIF information
    >in the JPEG file without changing the image (compression etc.). I want
    >something like this
    >
    >c:\> MYGEOCODE c:\chicago\*.jpg 47.89 -87.63
    >
    >Where MYGEOCODE is the utility I am looking for and the numbers at the
    >end (47.89 and -87.63) are the latitude and longitude of Chicago.
    >
    >So, all the JPEG images will now have this information included.

    Google for exiftool, which will do exactly what you want -
    and pretty much anything else to do with image metadata.

    --
    John Bean
    John Bean, May 18, 2007
  4. John Bean <> writes:

    > On 18 May 2007 08:22:33 -0700, PGPS <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I have a bunch of pictures. I would like to have some command line
    > >utility to add Latitude/Longitude information to the EXIF information
    > >in the JPEG file without changing the image (compression etc.). I want
    > >something like this
    > >
    > >c:\> MYGEOCODE c:\chicago\*.jpg 47.89 -87.63
    > >
    > >Where MYGEOCODE is the utility I am looking for and the numbers at the
    > >end (47.89 and -87.63) are the latitude and longitude of Chicago.
    > >
    > >So, all the JPEG images will now have this information included.

    > Google for exiftool, which will do exactly what you want -
    > and pretty much anything else to do with image metadata.

    Here is the link:
    http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

    --
    Michael Meissner