    http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/8134/

    TIA
    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Brian Tozer

    pour-lay Guest

    Go to www.geocities.com and log in.

    pour-lay, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer Guest

    pour-lay wrote:
    > On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:23:39 +1300, "Brian Tozer" <>
    > wrote:

    >> Many years ago I created a free site on Geocities as a test.
    >> I now wish to remove it all but cannot find out just how to do this.
    >> I have my access information, but cannot see how to invoke the
    >> facilities provided for editing the site.
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >> The URL is:-
    >> http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/8134/

    > Go to www.geocities.com and log in.

    Yes, and then??????????

    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Brian Tozer

    pour-lay Guest

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:07:06 +1300, "Brian Tozer" <>
    wrote:

    >pour-lay wrote:
    >> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:23:39 +1300, "Brian Tozer" <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Many years ago I created a free site on Geocities as a test.
    >>> I now wish to remove it all but cannot find out just how to do this.
    >>> I have my access information, but cannot see how to invoke the
    >>> facilities provided for editing the site.
    >>> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>> The URL is:-
    >>> http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/8134/

    >> Go to www.geocities.com and log in.

    >Yes, and then??????????

    Open File Manager.
    Select all the files and delete them.

    pour-lay, Feb 8, 2004
  5. Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer Guest

    pour-lay wrote:
    > Brian Tozer wrote:
    >> pour-lay wrote:

    >>> Go to www.geocities.com and log in.

    >> Yes, and then??????????

    > Open File Manager.
    > Select all the files and delete them.

    After Geocities accepts my login File Manager is not offered or visible.
    Nor is there any obvious link to it.
    I apreciate your trying to help.

    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Brian Tozer

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:39:11 +1300, in article
    <c06krh$b82$>, Brian Tozer wrote:

    > After Geocities accepts my login File Manager is not offered or visible.
    > Nor is there any obvious link to it.
    > I apreciate your trying to help.

    I go to http://geocities.yahoo.com/home/ and log on.

    The page changes, and then again automatically.

    On the right-hand side, under the heading "Advanced Toolbox",
    click on the link "File Manager".

    The page changes to a page with options of which file types to show.

    Click on the link "Open File Manager". Note that this link
    is an image, so if one is blocking images then one will not see it.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Politics is the art of getting power and
    privilege without possessing merit.

    Ralph Fox, Feb 9, 2004
  7. Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:
    >Brian Tozer wrote:

    >> After Geocities accepts my login File Manager is not offered or
    >> visible. Nor is there any obvious link to it.

    > I go to http://geocities.yahoo.com/home/ and log on.

    > The page changes, and then again automatically.

    Thanks very much Ralph for your help.
    This appears to be where the problem is.
    I only get the first page that offers me the 3 paid site options and it does
    not change automaticaly to the page that you next describe.
    There is a list of links at the bottom of the page but none apears to be
    what is needed to get to me to the page that you describe.
    I hope this description helps you to help me further.
    Brian.

    Brian Tozer, Feb 9, 2004
  8. Brian Tozer

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 03:53:27 +1300, in article
    <c086tb$ibv$>, Brian Tozer wrote:

    > Ralph Fox wrote:
    > >Brian Tozer wrote:

    > >> After Geocities accepts my login File Manager is not offered or
    > >> visible. Nor is there any obvious link to it.

    > > I go to http://geocities.yahoo.com/home/ and log on.

    > > The page changes, and then again automatically.

    > Thanks very much Ralph for your help.
    > This appears to be where the problem is.
    > I only get the first page that offers me the 3 paid site options and it does
    > not change automaticaly to the page that you next describe.

    When I do it, the first page is almost blank -- it says only this

    | If you are seeing this page, your browser settings prevent you from automatically redirecting to a new URL.
    |
    | Please click here to continue.

    The first page has an https: (secure) URL
    https://login.yahoo.com/config/veri.../geohome/g/login/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/
    while the second has an http: (normal insecure) URL.
    http://geocities.yahoo.com/

    The only reason I can see for the first page is that the
    password is sent over an encrypted link (the form action is
    a secure "https:" URL), but after the password is verified
    the page changes again to a normal "http:" URL.

    > There is a list of links at the bottom of the page

    When I do it, it is the _second_ page which has a list of links at the bottom.

    > but none apears to be
    > what is needed to get to me to the page that you describe.

    The "File Manager" link is on the right, not at the bottom.

    > I hope this description helps you to help me further.
    > Brian.

    I can't think of anything.

    Of course, Proxomitron (or a similar webfilter) with suitably aggressive
    settings might strip the stuff you wanted to see, but of course
    if you were running a webfilter you would have checked again with
    the webfilter turned off (I expect).

    > > On the right-hand side, under the heading "Advanced Toolbox",
    > > click on the link "File Manager".
    > >
    > > The page changes to a page with options of which file types to show.
    > >
    > > Click on the link "Open File Manager". Note that this link
    > > is an image, so if one is blocking images then one will not see it.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "If you're going to sin, sin against God, not the bureaucracy.
    God will forgive you, but the bureaucracy won't."

    Ralph Fox, Feb 11, 2004