    PGP Public Key - http://home.comcast.net/~tweaver2000/public_key.html
    "I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
    but I am not sure that what you heard is not what I meant."

    Tim Weaver, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Tim Weaver

    Rob K Guest

    "Tim Weaver" a couché sur son écran :
    <snip>

    > Anybody else have this issue?

    Had something similar two years ago, running ME. Clearing the cache
    worked for me then .....

    In case this doesn't work, I'd try the spy/ad/malware killers first.

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    <http://www.lavasoftusa.com/>

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    <http://www.safer-networking.org/>

    Spyware Blaster
    <http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html>

    <http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html>

    StartupList, HijackThis and CoolWebShredder
    <http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/>

    Then, use the magic wand :

    (courtesy of ºMikeº)

    Open one instance of IE and then open a new window.
    Close the original window. In the address box of the
    new window type the following (where XXX,XXX is your
    screen resolution) and press ENTER:
    (IE: 640,480 <- separated by a comma)

    javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)

    Hold the CTRL button and close the window (top right button).

    HTH

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Dec 6, 2003

  3. Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver Guest

    Rob K wrote:
    > "Tim Weaver" a couché sur son écran :
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Anybody else have this issue?

    > Had something similar two years ago, running ME. Clearing the cache
    > worked for me then .....

    Cache not a problem.

    > In case this doesn't work, I'd try the spy/ad/malware killers first.

    I use the ZoneAlarmPro pop-up blocker. Works great. The problem still
    happens; it even happens when I'm running The Proxomitron.

    <chop>

    > (courtesy of ºMikeº)
    >
    > Open one instance of IE and then open a new window.
    > Close the original window. In the address box of the
    > new window type the following (where XXX,XXX is your
    > screen resolution) and press ENTER:
    > (IE: 640,480 <- separated by a comma)
    >
    > javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)
    >
    > Hold the CTRL button and close the window (top right button).
    >
    > HTH

    Yep, that'll resize a normal window to the screen rez, but it still
    doesn't repair a maximized window. It *might* if I could figure out how
    to get the dimensions in the address bar, short of having to move the
    toolbars around. It's not that much of a problem as it only happens on a
    Geocities site and I have no problem opening and closing the browser a
    couple of times.

    Much appreciated.

    --
    Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver, Dec 6, 2003
  4. Tim Weaver

    Boomer Guest

    Tim Weaver <> wrote in

    > Everytime I go to a Geocities site, every day anyway, my browser
    > gets resized and is moved to the right and down, so that the min,
    > max-restore and close buttons are not visible. In this state, the
    > window is also maximized. Right clicking the taskbar icon and
    > selecting "Restore" puts the window back at it's normal position.
    > Maximize the window again and it goes back off the screen. The
    > only way I can get it back to normal is to go full screen with the
    > window, close and reopen the browser back to full screen, then
    > restore and maximize. At this point the window is back to a
    > correctly maximized window. Anybody else have this issue?

    What browser?

    You have used all the adware/spyware programs Rob K mentioned?

    I use NS 4.79 and Mozilla 5.1 and I have never had that problem with a
    Geocities site. I even use Proxomitron and don't notice a problem.

    If it were me, I would go through all the Proxomitron settings.

    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  5. Tim Weaver

    Boomer Guest

    Tim Weaver <> wrote in

    > Everytime I go to a Geocities site, every day anyway, my browser
    > gets resized and is moved to the right and down, so that the min,
    > max-restore and close buttons are not visible. In this state, the
    > window is also maximized. Right clicking the taskbar icon and
    > selecting "Restore" puts the window back at it's normal position.
    > Maximize the window again and it goes back off the screen. The
    > only way I can get it back to normal is to go full screen with the
    > window, close and reopen the browser back to full screen, then
    > restore and maximize. At this point the window is back to a
    > correctly maximized window. Anybody else have this issue?

    Just a suggestion... but you could wander over to
    alt.comp.freeware.discussion and ask there also.

    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  6. Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > Tim Weaver <> wrote in
    >
    >> Everytime I go to a Geocities site, every day anyway, my browser
    >> gets resized and is moved to the right and down, so that the min,
    >> max-restore and close buttons are not visible. In this state, the
    >> window is also maximized. Right clicking the taskbar icon and
    >> selecting "Restore" puts the window back at it's normal position.
    >> Maximize the window again and it goes back off the screen. The only
    >> way I can get it back to normal is to go full screen with the window,
    >> close and reopen the browser back to full screen, then restore and
    >> maximize. At this point the window is back to a correctly maximized
    >> window. Anybody else have this issue?
    >>

    > Just a suggestion... but you could wander over to
    > alt.comp.freeware.discussion and ask there also.

    thx

    <snigger>

    --
    Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver, Dec 6, 2003
  7. Tim Weaver

    Richard Guest

    Boomer! wrote:

    > Tim Weaver <> wrote in

    >> Everytime I go to a Geocities site, every day anyway, my browser
    >> gets resized and is moved to the right and down, so that the min,
    >> max-restore and close buttons are not visible. In this state, the
    >> window is also maximized. Right clicking the taskbar icon and
    >> selecting "Restore" puts the window back at it's normal position.
    >> Maximize the window again and it goes back off the screen. The
    >> only way I can get it back to normal is to go full screen with the
    >> window, close and reopen the browser back to full screen, then
    >> restore and maximize. At this point the window is back to a
    >> correctly maximized window. Anybody else have this issue?

    > What browser?

    > You have used all the adware/spyware programs Rob K mentioned?

    > I use NS 4.79 and Mozilla 5.1 and I have never had that problem with a
    > Geocities site. I even use Proxomitron and don't notice a problem.

    > If it were me, I would go through all the Proxomitron settings.

    Why is it always the fault of some spyware adware thing with you guys?

    Richard, Dec 6, 2003
  8. Tim Weaver

    Richard Guest

    Tim! wrote:

    > Everytime I go to a Geocities site, every day anyway, my browser gets
    > resized and is moved to the right and down, so that the min, max-restore
    > and close buttons are not visible. In this state, the window is also
    > maximized. Right clicking the taskbar icon and selecting "Restore" puts
    > the window back at it's normal position. Maximize the window again and
    > it goes back off the screen. The only way I can get it back to normal is
    > to go full screen with the window, close and reopen the browser back to
    > full screen, then restore and maximize. At this point the window is back
    > to a correctly maximized window. Anybody else have this issue?

    Assuming you're using IE, press F11.

    Richard, Dec 6, 2003
  9. Tim Weaver

    Boomer Guest

    Tim Weaver <> wrote in

    > Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> Tim Weaver <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Everytime I go to a Geocities site, every day anyway, my browser
    >>> gets resized and is moved to the right and down, so that the
    >>> min, max-restore and close buttons are not visible. In this
    >>> state, the window is also maximized. Right clicking the taskbar
    >>> icon and selecting "Restore" puts the window back at it's normal
    >>> position. Maximize the window again and it goes back off the
    >>> screen. The only way I can get it back to normal is to go full
    >>> screen with the window, close and reopen the browser back to
    >>> full screen, then restore and maximize. At this point the
    >>> window is back to a correctly maximized window. Anybody else
    >>> have this issue?
    >>>

    >> Just a suggestion... but you could wander over to
    >> alt.comp.freeware.discussion and ask there also.

    > thx
    >
    > <snigger>

    <snigger> ;)

    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  10. Tim Weaver wrote:
    > Rob K wrote:
    >> "Tim Weaver" a couché sur son écran :
    >> <snip>

    >>> Anybody else have this issue?

    >> Had something similar two years ago, running ME. Clearing the cache
    >> worked for me then .....

    > Cache not a problem.

    >> In case this doesn't work, I'd try the spy/ad/malware killers first.

    > I use the ZoneAlarmPro pop-up blocker. Works great. The problem still
    > happens; it even happens when I'm running The Proxomitron.

    Might take a filter you don't have. Might have to *write* one.

    Have you checked Proxo sources for the filters that don't *ship* with
    Proxo?

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 297263
    [still no new sig]

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 6, 2003
  11. Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Tim Weaver wrote:
    >> Rob K wrote:
    >>> "Tim Weaver" a couché sur son écran :
    >>> <snip>

    >>> Had something similar two years ago, running ME. Clearing the cache
    >>> worked for me then .....

    >> Cache not a problem.

    >>> In case this doesn't work, I'd try the spy/ad/malware killers first.

    >> I use the ZoneAlarmPro pop-up blocker. Works great. The problem still
    >> happens; it even happens when I'm running The Proxomitron.

    > Might take a filter you don't have. Might have to *write* one.
    >
    > Have you checked Proxo sources for the filters that don't *ship* with
    > Proxo?

    I haven't made a huge effort to try and solve the problem, other than
    this. I was mainly curious as to why it was doing what it's doing. I
    could go to http://www.proxomitron.info/ and look through their stuff, but
    if I whine about it here, you people will figure it out for me.

    bwa-HAAHAAHAA!!!

    BOO-yah!!!

    (Lemme know when you solve this issue, k? Pre'shate'it.)

    --
    Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver, Dec 6, 2003