    I should like to instal and use a Genuine Fractals on my PC. Is Genuine
    Fractals able to run in Windows 2000 and Photoshop 7.0?
    Thanx for reply

    van dark, Apr 21, 2009

  2. "van dark" <> wrote in message news:gsk04v$1e53$...

    >I should like to instal and use a Genuine Fractals on my PC. Is Genuine Fractals able to run in Windows 2000 and Photoshop 7.0?
    > Thanx for reply

    Yes, it will run with Win 2000 (but I don't know about
    PS-7, but with PS-7 you may not need it...;-) - and I
    have a copy to sell, if interested...
    --DR

    David Ruether, Apr 21, 2009

  3. van dark

    whinee Guest

    Genuine Fractals and its ilk do not create data that is not there. Unlike in
    the movies and television you cannot magically add image details to a low
    resolution original.
    Many users, myself included, do not see significant differences using third
    party resizing tools instead of Photoshop's built-in tools for ordinary
    printing tasks.
    If you are planning to try to create poster-sized images you may want to try
    downloading trials of several resizing programs and compare them to PS
    before buying as some of these programs are quite expensive for the single
    task they perform and which you may rarely use.

    whinee, Apr 21, 2009
  4. van dark

    Martin Brown Guest

    whinee wrote:

    > Genuine Fractals and its ilk do not create data that is not there.

    What they can do on a good day with the right source material is produce
    a larger image with less obtrusive artifacts. However, it doesn't always
    work so very definitely try before you buy.

    > Unlike in the movies and television you cannot magically add image
    > details to a low resolution original.

    The best you can ever hope for under perfect conditions is a roughly
    factor of 2 to 3 improvement in resolution at the expense of introducing
    certain artifacts. Most times you do not have anything remotely close to
    the controlled conditions needed for this to work. The Hubble Space
    Telescope is an example where signal to noise and an extremely well
    determined point spread function allows this to be done.

    An ordinary photo with finite depth of field issues is pretty much
    impossible to process.

    > Many users, myself included, do not see significant differences using
    > third party resizing tools instead of Photoshop's built-in tools for
    > ordinary printing tasks.

    Genuine fractals can on a good day with the right source material make a
    larger image containing artifacts that do not stand out to the eye.
    Essentially it creates self similar scaled textures at the higher
    resolution. These might not have really been present in the actual
    scene, but they don't look out of place.

    Most other mathematical interpolation methods tend to produce artifacts
    that are aligned with the image grid structure.

    > If you are planning to try to create poster-sized images you may want to
    > try downloading trials of several resizing programs and compare them to
    > PS before buying as some of these programs are quite expensive for the
    > single task they perform and which you may rarely use.

    Good advice. Do not expect miracles.

    Regards,
    Martin Brown

    Martin Brown, Apr 22, 2009
  5. van dark

    van dark Guest

    Yes, thank you for your help and advice, of course. The GF is BMHO
    expensive one and in addition is not running my Photoshop 7.0,
    unfortunately. The S-Spline 2 is better from this view (is running in
    W2K independently on Photoshop. As for the price, it´s similar one as GF.
    Nice day,
    rene

    van dark, Apr 22, 2009