    PS I paid $59. for the printer!

    THANX, Mike
    , Oct 4, 2005

  2. ftran999 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I ORDERED (2) Genuine Epson cartridges from ATLEX....$8. for shipping a
    > box that weighs 2 ounces. Total cost near $50.
    >
    > I then PRICED genuine Epson cartridges - $3.00 to ship, BUT the ink
    > was more expensive. Total Cost near $50.
    >
    > What I need now is a cheaper, (but reputable) place to buy Epson
    > cartridges!
    >
    > PS I paid $59. for the printer!
    >
    > THANX, Mike

    You didn't state what printer you have, but I have the r1800 and purchased a
    few cartridges from buy.com at 11.99 ea and free shipping. You may also
    want to use a comparative shopping site such as shopping.com or
    pricegrabber.com to find the best deals for you cartridges.
    ftran999, Oct 4, 2005

  3. Don Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I ORDERED (2) Genuine Epson cartridges from ATLEX....$8. for shipping a
    > box that weighs 2 ounces. Total cost near $50.
    >
    > I then PRICED genuine Epson cartridges - $3.00 to ship, BUT the ink
    > was more expensive. Total Cost near $50.
    >
    > What I need now is a cheaper, (but reputable) place to buy Epson
    > cartridges!
    >
    > PS I paid $59. for the printer!
    >
    > THANX, Mike

    Go to Costco. They have a large selection of Epson cartridges and are
    usually lower than anyone else that I have found.

    Don D.

    http://www.usenet.com
    Don, Oct 4, 2005
  4. Pat Guest

    I buy from Atlex. Shipping cost per cartridge goes down if you buy more.
    Pat, Oct 5, 2005
  5. jimn Guest

    wrote
    >Hi,
    >
    >I ORDERED (2) Genuine Epson cartridges from ATLEX....$8. for shipping a
    >box that weighs 2 ounces. Total cost near $50.
    >
    >I then PRICED genuine Epson cartridges - $3.00 to ship, BUT the ink
    >was more expensive. Total Cost near $50.
    >
    > What I need now is a cheaper, (but reputable) place to buy Epson
    >cartridges!
    >
    >PS I paid $59. for the printer!
    >
    >THANX, Mike

    Which printer? I have an Epson 1280. Color Cartridge 28.99 a
    Staples, 24.99 at my local Camera store... go figure (1280 uses a four colo
    cartridge) . Costco is out, I have to drive 25 miles (3 Gal.s gas roun
    trip)_... Camera store is up the street from where I work, Staples is
    miles from home. After awhile , the price is the price. Its like
    group of online camera stores (which all were actually the same snake oi
    salesmen,] advertised a Nikon D70s for nearly 300 bucks less tha
    anyone else. But when you tried to order, you found they added the battery
    the charger, the caps, the strap and other misc that Nikon includes i
    the box (both gray and US) bringing the price up to what everyone els
    was charging. Not to speak of the exorbitant shipping fees. In the en
    the price was just about what B&H charges (which BTW is only 20 buck
    less than my local Camera Store) . I am becoming more and more convince
    that when you buy from a reputable operation, the price is the price.
    plus or minus a few percent. In the four years I have owned thi
    printer, I have found an Epson cartridge priced to my door to be 28.0
    bucks +-3.00.
    Jim

    --
    Ji
    jimn, Oct 5, 2005
  6. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I ORDERED (2) Genuine Epson cartridges from ATLEX....$8. for shipping
    > a box that weighs 2 ounces. Total cost near $50.
    >
    > I then PRICED genuine Epson cartridges - $3.00 to ship, BUT the ink
    > was more expensive. Total Cost near $50.
    >
    > What I need now is a cheaper, (but reputable) place to buy Epson
    > cartridges!
    >
    > PS I paid $59. for the printer!

    Well...no...
    You actually paid $59 for an "ink faucet."
    Now you're just paying the water bill...

    My garden faucet cost about $4.
    My water bill is about $200 every two months.
    Mark², Oct 5, 2005

    A good source for Epson and other ink cartridges: www.ink4art.com
    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Oct 5, 2005