    both drives. So there is plenty of room

    There are a few high end programs that I use that would benefit
    greatly from utilizing the extra power of a 64 Bit OS?
    Knowledge, Dec 7, 2007

  2. Knowledge

    Rôgêr Guest

    Re: Genty. Can I have Vista 32 Bit on my 320GB "C" drive, and Vista64 Bit on my 320Gb "D" drive??

    Knowledge wrote:
    > Happy Holiday Stagione amici miei,
    >
    > Will they both run without messing each other up? Will I be able to
    > choose which one I want to use? I have over 150GB of free space on
    > both drives. So there is plenty of room
    >
    > There are a few high end programs that I use that would benefit
    > greatly from utilizing the extra power of a 64 Bit OS?

    Do you have a 64 bit processor? If you do, Google "multiboot Vista".
    Rôgêr, Dec 7, 2007

  3. Knowledge

    Knowledge Guest

    On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 22:31:56 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Knowledge wrote:
    >> Happy Holiday Stagione amici miei,
    >>
    >> Will they both run without messing each other up? Will I be able to
    >> choose which one I want to use? I have over 150GB of free space on
    >> both drives. So there is plenty of room
    >>
    >> There are a few high end programs that I use that would benefit
    >> greatly from utilizing the extra power of a 64 Bit OS?

    >Do you have a 64 bit processor? If you do, Google "multiboot Vista".

    OK thanks1

    I have a Packard Bell 286 with Dos 3.1 So I'm sure it will handle 64
    bits. :)

    What did the woman of the night do when I called her a 2 Bit wh..e?

    She hit me in the face with a bag of quarters! :-(
    Knowledge, Dec 7, 2007
  4. Knowledge

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:56:02 -0600, Knowledge wrote:

    >Happy Holiday Stagione amici miei,

    How about putting your question in the main body of the text and not
    split across subject / text?

    >Will they both run without messing each other up? Will I be able to

    Yes, as long as you install on 2 different partitions as as both Vista
    shouldn't be an issue with bootloader. You also need 2 license keys.

    Better off IIRC , some folks put on 64bit OS, make sure you have all the
    hardware drivers you need, then put 32bit OS in a virtual PC.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx
    but for 64bit host / guests
    http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/new.html

    See the newsgroup / links posted several times, if you searched 24HSHD
    for 64bit stuff,

    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general/topics
    or vis MS news server
    msnews.microsoft.com

    Same question was asked in the last 2 days, and very often.

    >choose which one I want to use? I have over 150GB of free space on
    >both drives. So there is plenty of room
    >
    >There are a few high end programs that I use that would benefit
    >greatly from utilizing the extra power of a 64 Bit OS?

    A statement or a question? Only if they are 64bit apps, otherwise more
    RAM, faster disks , faster CPU would help more.

    Don't forget you need a 64bit CPU and 2GB or more RAM makes a
    difference.

    Me
    why?, Dec 7, 2007
  5. Knowledge

    Knowledge Guest

    On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 11:42:12 GMT, why?

    >On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:56:02 -0600, Knowledge wrote:
    >
    >>Happy Holiday Stagione amici miei,

    >How about putting your question in the main body of the text and not
    >split across subject / text?
    >
    >>Will they both run without messing each other up? Will I be able to

    >Yes, as long as you install on 2 different partitions as as both Vista
    >shouldn't be an issue with bootloader. You also need 2 license keys.
    >
    >Better off IIRC , some folks put on 64bit OS, make sure you have all the
    >hardware drivers you need, then put 32bit OS in a virtual PC.
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx
    >but for 64bit host / guests
    >http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/new.html
    >
    >See the newsgroup / links posted several times, if you searched 24HSHD
    >http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/topics
    >for 64bit stuff,
    >
    >http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general/topics
    >or vis MS news server
    >msnews.microsoft.com
    >
    >Same question was asked in the last 2 days, and very often.
    >
    >>choose which one I want to use? I have over 150GB of free space on
    >>both drives. So there is plenty of room
    >>
    >>There are a few high end programs that I use that would benefit
    >>greatly from utilizing the extra power of a 64 Bit OS?

    >A statement or a question? Only if they are 64bit apps, otherwise more
    >RAM, faster disks , faster CPU would help more.
    >
    >Don't forget you need a 64bit CPU and 2GB or more RAM makes a
    >difference.
    >
    >Me

    OK thanks, I'm still reading about a dozen posts a day on how the 64
    bit system is working for people.

    If I can dual boot, I would be willing to play around with it.

    Spater.
    Knowledge, Dec 20, 2007
  6. Knowledge

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 00:33:50 -0600, Knowledge wrote:

    >On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 11:42:12 GMT, why?
    >

    >>On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:56:02 -0600, Knowledge wrote:
    >>
    >>>Happy Holiday Stagione amici miei,

    >>How about putting your question in the main body of the text and not
    >>split across subject / text?
    >>
    >>>Will they both run without messing each other up? Will I be able to

    >>Yes, as long as you install on 2 different partitions as as both Vista
    >>shouldn't be an issue with bootloader. You also need 2 license keys.
    >>
    >>Better off IIRC , some folks put on 64bit OS, make sure you have all the
    >>hardware drivers you need, then put 32bit OS in a virtual PC.
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx
    >>but for 64bit host / guests

    <snip>

    >>Me

    >OK thanks, I'm still reading about a dozen posts a day on how the 64
    >bit system is working for people.

    YW.

    >If I can dual boot, I would be willing to play around with it.

    Thinking about doing away with dual boot all together.

    Heading for the replace XP Pro 32b with XP/Vista 64bit. Then go the
    vmware route, 64bit host and put back XP 32bit as a guest OS for the
    things that don't work.

    Remember on an XP/Vista 64 bit OS, several things don't and won't work
    anymore. Stuff like your freeware/shareware that runs 16bit installers,
    the apps may be okay but if you can't install it then it's no good. Then
    and low level drivers firewall, av and so on. You need 64bit versions
    of those.

    >Spater.

    Me
    why?, Dec 20, 2007