Gentoo Firefox crashes with javascript enabled

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Peter Kelly, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. Peter Kelly

    Peter Kelly Guest

    Holas.

    I'm running firefox 1.0.4 on a Gentoo box under KDE (Upgraded to 3.4.1 a
    couple days ago. No change).
    If I start it with my.yahoo.com as the homepage and javascript enabled, it
    will crash with no error box. It just goes away.

    If I disable javascript, or use another startup page, it seems okay.
    However, loading pages that use javascript (when enabled) will still crash.
    In other words, I think I've narrowed it to having Javascript enabled.
    This wasn't an issue with earlier versions of firefox (prior to 1.0.3).
    A Google search didn't reveal anything. I don't know enough about java to
    know where to look.

    A solution would be great, but simply pointing me in the right direction
    would be just as much appreciated. If there are any other details needed
    to help, please let me know.

    here are some critical details...

    firefox 1.0.4 (built through Gentoo emerge)

    java info:
    -- java version "1.4.2-02"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build Blackdown-1.4.2-02)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build Blackdown-1.4.2-02, mixed mode)

    kernel info:
    Linux crichton 2.6.11-gentoo-r6 #3 SMP Sun Apr 17 19:32:23 CDT 2005 i686
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

    USE info:
    USE="X kde qt -gtk -gnome alsa ssl mpeg mozilla emacs acl cdr lesstif opengl
    samba quicktime imap maildir nvidia"

    Thanks,
    Peter

    ---

    When responding by email, please change the no-spam to disco.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Spam really sucks.

    Peter Kelly, Jul 4, 2005