GENRE ONLINE UPDATE - 12/10/04

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Writer R5, Dec 10, 2004.

  1. Writer R5

    Writer R5 Guest

    For the last two weeks I was almost exclusively plugged into the matrix
    screening and reviewing Warner Home Video's "Ultimate Matrix Collection," which
    is the sci-fi DVD box set of the year in my opinion. I did do a few side
    reviews in-between because after a while I began to see a green tint all around
    me and got very worried I was plugged in myself. I can tell you right now my
    next DVD review is going to be DreamWorks' "The Terminal" and Tom Hanks and
    Catherine Zeta-Jones have never seemed so refreshing to me before. Well, Tom
    Hanks anyway... I can look at Ms. Jones anytime as long as the son of Spartacus
    doesn't mind ;)

    Babylon 5 series creator J. Michael Straczynski has penned a screenplay based
    on the cult space opera entitled "The Memory Of Shadows." Production Weekly
    has posted details that includes a brief summary of the plot and the name of
    the Director, Steven Beck, who will be calling the shots this April when the
    film begins shooting in the UK. Actor Peter Woodward is likely to reprise his
    role as the Technmage Galen, who appeared in the TV film "Babylon 5: A Call To
    Arms" as well as the brief spinoff series "Crusade."

    In other news, Spider-Man rang the closing bell Monday, Nov. 29 – at the New
    York Stock Exchange to celebrate this year's critically acclaimed,
    record-breaking blockbuster, Spider-Man 2, which arrived on a two-disc special
    edition DVD on Tuesday, Nov. 30 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. You can
    see a photo from the event by clicking on the link below and scrolling down to
    the December 1, 2004, update.

    http://www.genreonline.net/on_the_mark.html

    Now here are this week's new media reviews:
    DVD:

    The Ultimate Matrix Collection DVD Box Set Review: Submenu:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Ultimate_Matrix_Collection_DVD.html

    The Ultimate Matrix Collection - Part 1: The Matrix & The Matrix Revisited:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Ultimate_Matrix_Collection_Matrix_Matrix_Revisi
    ted_DVD.html

    The Ultimate Matrix Collection - Part 2: The Matrix Reloaded & The Matrix
    Reloaded Revisited:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Matrix_Reloaded_Revisited_DVD.html

    The Ultimate Matrix Collection - Part 3: The Matrix Revolutions & The Matrix
    Revolutions Revisited:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Ultimate_Matrix_Collection_Matrix_Revolutions_D
    VD.html

    The Ultimate Matrix Collection - Part 4: The Animatrix:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Ultimate_Matrix_Collection_Animatrix_DVD.html

    The Ultimate Matrix Collection - Part 5: The Matrix Experience:
    http://www.genreonline.net/MatrixExperience_DVD.html

    Garfield The Movie:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Garfield_DVD.html

    TV Reviews:

    The Librarian: Quest For The Spear: TNT Original Movie:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Librarian_TNT.html

    Scorsese On Scorsese: TCM World Premiere Documentary:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Scorsese_On_Scorsese_TCM.html

    Lots more coming soon so stay tuned, but for those of you who are leaving early
    for the holidays, let me wish you all a wonderful season and a happy New Year!

    Sincerely,
    Mark A. Rivera
    Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
    http://www.genreonline.net/