GENRE ONLINE NEWSGROUP UPDATE

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Writer R5, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Writer R5

    Writer R5 Guest

    I was planning on having my DVD reviews of Anchor Bay Entertainment's "George
    A. Romero's Dawn Of The Dead: Ultimate Edition" and Fox's "Night Of The Living
    Dead: Restored 2004 Colorized Version/Original 1968 Full Framed Edition" ready
    for this update, but the rhythm of the media reviews went so much into a SCI FI
    direction in the last two weeks that I decided to post those reviews in time
    for the next update. Speaking of zombie flicks, I caught "Shaun Of The Dead," a
    new English feature film that is one of the best mergers of horror and comedy
    that I have ever seen since the original "Return Of The Living Dead." It is not
    quite up to what I consider the best horror comedy film from the 1980s, "An
    American Werewolf In London," but it comes very close. It also stays truer to
    Romero's horror classics than some of the new straight forward zombie horror
    films that were inspired by the "Dead" films. So if you are looking for
    something offbeat and enjoy British humor, this is definitely a film worth
    checking out this weekend.

    Now this week I actually have more TV reviews than DVD reviews though
    ironically the screeners were all on DVD with the exception of one. These
    include reviews of the SCI FI Channel miniseries "Farscape: The Peacekeeper
    Wars" as well as SCI FI's new "Alternative Reality" Wednesday series premieres.
    I have also reviewed the four-part series finale of the hit Cartoon Network
    original series "Samurai Jack" and the series premiere of "Atomic Betty." DVD
    reviews of recent and upcoming titles from the imaginations of George Lucas and
    the late Gene Roddenberry wrap up this update review list.

    If you are a subscriber to "Entertainment Weekly," you should have received
    Fall TV preview DVDs from The WB, CBS, and Extra. The premiere episode of CBS'
    "CSI: New York" is on one of them while The WB enclosed the premiere episode of
    "Jack & Bobby" on their DVD. These discs along with the NBC free Fall preview
    DVD that was available at "Best Buy" stores should give TV viewers a chance to
    sample the plethora of new shows debuting this season without having to program
    their VCRs or Tivos. So try and check them out if you can get a hold of them.
    Now finally here are this week's new media reviews:

    TV:

    Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars: SCI FI Channel World Premiere Original
    Miniseries:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Farscape_Peacekeeper_Wars_SCIFI.html

    Proof Positive Evidence Of The Paranormal: SCI FI Channel Original Series
    Premiere:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Proof_Positive_Paranormal_SCI_FI.html

    Ghost Hunters: SCI FI Channel Original Series Premiere:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Ghost_Hunters_SCI_FI.html

    Scare Tactics: SCI FI Channel Original Series Season Premiere:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Scare_Tactics_SCI_FI.html

    Samurai Jack: Cartoon Network Original Series Finale:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Samurai_Jack_Series_Finale_Cartoon.html

    Atomic Betty: Cartoon Network Original Series Premiere:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Atomic_Betty_Premiere_Cartoon.html

    DVD:

    THX 1138: The George Lucas Director's Cut:
    http://www.genreonline.net/THX1138_George_Lucas_DC_DVD.html

    Star Trek: The Original Series: The Complete First Season 8-Disc Set:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Star_Trek_TOS_S1_DVD.html

    Star Trek: Generations: Special Collector's Edition:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Generation_SCE_DVD.html

    Genre Online.Net: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More!
    http://www.genreonline.net

    Please drop by and visit. Thank you.
    Writer R5, Sep 24, 2004