GENRE ONLINE.NET Update: Newsgroup Edition

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Writer R5, Aug 6, 2004.

  1. Writer R5

    Writer R5 Guest

    It seems as though every other website is posting links on the newsgroups so
    you know against my better judgement I am going to post specific newsgroup
    versions of my updates. Full reviews can be seen on the site and viewers can
    also subscribe to the e-mail update by writing to with
    the word subscribe in the subject. One can unsubscribe through the same method.

    Well I have been busy catching up on a ton of films and TV shows that I
    received to review, but most recently I published a belated TV review ofor the
    Cartoon Network's series premiere of Justice League Unlimited. I have to say
    that I was very disappointed by the series premiere. The animation seemed to
    have dropped a notch and I felt that unless you are an avid DC comics fan,
    seeing many of these obscure heroes standing in the background seems
    meaningless. After the excellent series finale of "Justice League" entitled
    "Starcrossed," which is now available on DVD, I found the half hour premiere to
    be a big letdown. You can read my full review by clicking here:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Justice_League_Unlimited_Initiation_Cartoon_Net
    work.html

    Then I spent a day going through Miramax Home Entertainment's "Kill Bill Volume
    2," Universal Studios Home Video's "The Bourne Identity: Extended Edition:
    Widescreen," and Blue Underground's "Zombie."

    I really enjoyed "Kill Bill Volume 2" and as a whole I think both volumes are
    Tarantino's best work since "Reservoir Dogs." The DVD is short on extras, but I
    think the picture and sound quality are great and in the end I think that is
    what is most important about any film on DVD. You can read my full review by
    clicking on the link below:

    Kill Bill Volume 2:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Kill_Bill_Volume_2_DVD.html

    "The Bourne Identity: Extended Edition: Widescreen" is not a bad DVD, but I
    prefer the "Collector's Edition" and really see no point on purchasing this one
    unless you never bought the "Collector's Edition," in which case - "shame on
    you!" Here is a link to my full review:

    The Bourne Identity: Extended Edition: Widescreen:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Bourne_Identity_Extended_Edition_Widescreen_DVD.html

    Finally Lucio Fulci's "Zombie" gets a good DVD presentation courtesy of "Blue
    Underground." Media Blasters does have a two-disc Special Edition that was
    released day and date with Blue Underground's, but I am happy to have the movie
    on DVD as it is and I doubt I'd listen to an audio commentary about the film
    more than once. So on it's own merits, you get the best home video presentation
    of "Zombie" to be released yet and you also get a choice of Dolby Digital 5.1,
    Dolby Surround, or Monaural Sound in both English or Italian as well as
    trailers, TV spots, still galleries and more. How cool is that "Zombie fans?"
    You can read my full review by clicking on the link below.

    Zombie:
    http://www.genreonline.net/Zombie_DVD.html

    Though it has crossed my mind over the past few weeks, I actually was not
    planning to do something like this. I just typed this directly onto the group
    so excuse any grammar or spelling errors please. So there you have it. A brief
    blurb giving you all a basic idea of my fellings on these DVDs and the TV show
    as well as some links to the full reviews if you are interested in reading
    them. I hope you enjoyed this newsgroup update and feel free to post any
    ppositive or negative feedback since the readers are the best teachers. Thank
    you.

    GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
    http://www.genreonline.net
    Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster

    Writer R5, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Spammer R5 wrote:

    > It seems

    No, it doesn't regardless of the number of times you make these false
    statements.

    > as though every other

    Including you, there are three regular spammers here. Many site operators
    are honest but this doesn't include you spammers.

    > website is posting links

    Websites don't spam; spammers like you do.

    > you know against my better judgement

    Once a spammer, always a spammer.

    > Though it has crossed my mind over the past few weeks, I actually was not
    > planning to do something like this.

    Of course you were. You never really intended to stop spamming even
    though you said you would.

    > feel free to post any ppositive or negative feedback since the readers are
    > the best teachers.

    You don't seem to be learning, spammer.

    Hamilcar Barca, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Hamilcar Barca wrote:

    > Spammer R5 wrote:
    >

    >>It seems

    > No, it

    Oh, shut up already, Spammer Barca

    l8er
    ronny

    Ronald Stoehr, Aug 7, 2004
  4. ospam (Writer R5) wrote in

    > hope you enjoyed
    > this newsgroup update and feel free to post any ppositive or negative
    > feedback since the readers are the best teachers. Thank you.

    Thank you for your post.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.Daily-Reviews.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Aug 7, 2004
  5. Writer R5

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Writer R5 wrote:

    > Though it has crossed my mind over the past few weeks, I actually was
    > not planning to do something like this. I just typed this directly
    > onto the group so excuse any grammar or spelling errors please. So
    > there you have it. A brief blurb giving you all a basic idea of my
    > fellings on these DVDs and the TV show as well as some links to the
    > full reviews if you are interested in reading them. I hope you
    > enjoyed this newsgroup update and feel free to post any ppositive or
    > negative feedback since the readers are the best teachers. Thank you.

    Thanks for the update and welcome back. Your posts are appreciated.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Aug 7, 2004
  6. Then why don't you just add him to your kill filter and
    move on with your life? Wow, simple concept yet it works.
    As a matter of fact, I'm going to add you to mine right NOW.

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    TNAImpact.com Columnist & Message Board Mod

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Aug 7, 2004
  7. Mike Kohary wrote:
    > Thanks for the update and welcome back. Your posts are appreciated.

    I'm in total agreement. Welcome back! :)

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Aug 7, 2004
  8. In article <> (Sat, 07 Aug 2004
    00:44:24 -0500), Brian The Demolition Man Little wrote:

    > Then why don't you just add him to your kill filter and
    > move on with your life? Wow, simple concept yet it works.
    > As a matter of fact, I'm going to add you to mine right NOW.

    Wow, GREAT. I appreciate IT.

    Hamilcar Barca, Aug 7, 2004
  9. Writer R5

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Hamilcar Barca, says...
    > You don't seem to be learning, spammer.

    Since his message was a substantially unique posting that included
    informational reviews, how was it spam?

    Mark Spatny, Aug 7, 2004
  10. Writer R5

    Lookingglass Guest

    "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in message

    > Mike Kohary wrote:
    > > Thanks for the update and welcome back. Your posts are appreciated.

    > I'm in total agreement. Welcome back! :)
    >
    > --
    > Brian The Demolition Man Little
    > TNAImpact.com Columnist & Message Board Mod
    > Want "Fullscreen DVDs"... Buy VHS and get your
    > filthy hands off of my Widescreen DVD! Widescreen.org

    Yes.........Welcome back... rather than read the whiney posts of people who
    have nothing else to complain about, yours at least are on topic for this
    NG......... I am glad you didn't stay away long... I for one do not consider
    links to DVD reviews spam... I don't care what the defenition is.... yours
    ain't it... IMHO.

    Peace...................Dave
    www.Shemakhan.com

    Lookingglass, Aug 7, 2004
  11. In article <> (Sat, 07
    Aug 2004 06:23:52 +0000), Mark Spatny wrote:

    > Since his message was a substantially unique posting that included
    > informational reviews, how was it spam?

    Since his message was a substantially identical posting that advertised
    the same service, it was still spam.

    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/spam-faq/index.html

    Hamilcar Barca, Aug 7, 2004
  12. Writer R5

    JWB Guest

    "Writer R5" <> wrote in message
    > It seems as though every other website is posting links on the newsgroups

    so
    > you know against my better judgement I am going to post specific newsgroup
    > versions of my updates.

    thank you for your post. Always welcome.

    JWB, Aug 7, 2004
  13. Writer R5

    Mark Spatny Guest

    I saw informational reviews, and you saw advertising. I guess you are a
    pessimist, while I'm an optimist. I'm generally looking for the good in
    things, while you seem to want find the bad. Too bad for you, I guess.

    Mark Spatny, Aug 10, 2004