GENRE ONLINE.NET TURNS 5!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Writer R5, Oct 29, 2004.

  1. Writer R5

    Writer R5 Guest

    I have a lot to get to today so lets get to it! Time flies when you’re having
    fun and I am proud to note that as of October 29, 2004, GENRE ONLINE.NET is now
    officially five years old. In addition to the site’s fifth year anniversary,
    I have gotten more unique users coming to the site than ever before with a
    general worldwide readership in the millions. Whether it is a good omen or
    simply a coincidence, in five years I have published 2004 media reviews that
    includes 1773 DVD reviews and 157 television reviews among other software
    reviews and whatnot. I could not possibly have ever gotten this accomplished
    without the patience and support of the studios, networks, independents as well
    as the encouragement I have received from industry professionals, who have read
    my reviews and wrote to me about them. In addition I think the unsung heroes of
    the Entertainment Industry are the Publicity and Public Relations
    Professionals. You all work so hard and in my opinion every single one of you
    should get a raise and an award from your respective bosses because no one
    would ever be able to reach the masses without your guidance, wisdom, and
    tireless efforts. Then there are the readers who truly have been remarkable.
    They are still the best teachers a Writer and Reviewer like myself can ever
    have. While the Publicity and Public Relations Professionals keep the machine
    humming, it is the readers that supply the fuel that gives this work in
    progress meaning. Thank you all and here’s to year six! May it be better than
    the last!

    I reviewed a lot of horror and sci-fi related genre DVD titles and there are
    still more to come so please keep coming back and if you like my work, please
    support GENRE ONLINE.NET by purchasing items through any of the Amazon.com
    banners. They help to keep the site going. In addition, if you have not done
    so, readers can subscribe to the GENRE ONLINE.NET free e-mail update by typing
    the word “subscribe†in the subject line and sending it to
    . You can unsubscribe at anytime and then subscribe
    again if you change your mind. Finally, here are the winners of the DVD trivia
    contest courtesy of Universal Studios Home Video. Congratulations go to Dick
    Sidbury of Scranton, Pennsylvania, Anthony Andrews of Brooklyn, New York,
    Maureen Goldman of Gibsons, British Columbia, Joseph Marks of New York, New
    York, Mike Shields of Hayward, California, and Scott Schiltz of Austin, Texas.
    Now here is some new DVD reviews as well as some extra Halloween DVD viewing
    recommendations for you all

    The Ghosts Of Edendale:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Ghosts_Of_Edendale_DVD.html

    Dawn Of The Dead (2004): Unrated Director's Cut: Widescreen & Full Screen:

    http://www.genreonline.net/DawnOfTheDead_Unrated_DC_2004_Widescreen_FC_DVD.html

    Return Of The Living Dead Part II:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Return_Of_Living_Dead_Part2_DVD.html

    Van Helsing: Widescreen:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Van_Helsing_Widescreen_DVD.html

    Underworld: Superbit:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Underworld_Superbit_DVD.html

    The Day After Tomorrow: Widescreen Edition:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Day_After_Tomorrow_DVD.html

    The Fearless Vampire Killers Or: Pardon Me, But Your Teeth Are In My Neck:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Fearless_Vampire_Hunters_DVD.html

    Creature From The Black Lagoon: The Legacy Collection:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Creature_Black_Lagoon_DVD.html

    The Invisible Man: The Legacy Collection:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Invisible_Man_Legacy_Collection_DVD.html

    The Mummy: The Legacy Collection:

    http://www.genreonline.net/The_Mummy_Legacy_Collection_DVD.html

    BUG:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Bug_DVD.html

    Orca: The Killer Whale:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Orca_DVD.html

    Additional 2004 DVD Horror DVD Recommendations:

    George A. Romero's Dawn Of The Dead: Ultimate Edition: Divimax Series:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Dawn_Of_The_Dead_UE_DVD.html

    Night Of The Living Dead: Newly Restored 2004 Colorized Version & Original 1968
    Full Frame Edition:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Night_Of_The_Living_Dead_Color_DVD.html

    Resident Evil: Deluxe Edition:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Resident_Evil_Deluxe_Edition_DVD.html

    Lemora: A Child's Tale Of The Supernatural:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Lemora_DVD.html

    I Married A Monster From Outer Space:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Married_Monster_DVD.html

    Highwaymen:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Highwaymen_DVD.html

    Stephen King's The Mangler:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Mangler_DVD.html

    Zombie:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Zombie_DVD.html

    Dracula Has Risen From The Grave:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Dracula_Gave_DVD.html

    Taste The Blood Of Dracula:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Dracula_Gave_DVD.html

    Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Frankenstein_Destroyed_DVD.html

    Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Frankenstein_Legacy_DVD.html

    Dracula: The Legacy Collection:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Dracula_Legacy_DVD.html

    The Wolf Man: The Legacy Collection:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Wolf_Man_Legacy_DVD.html

    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003):

    http://www.genreonline.net/Chainsaw_2003_DVD.html

    Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Ginger_Snaps_2_Unleashed_DVD.html

    Cabin Fever:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Cabin_Fever_DVD.html

    Beyond Re-Animator:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Beyond_Reanimator_DVD.html

    Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood:

    http://www.genreonline.net/Leprechaun_Back_2_Tha_Hood_DVD.html

    In addition, look for these titles available now:

    Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital: The Complete Series

    Secret Window

    Christine: Special Edition

    Candyman: Special Edition:

    John Carpenter's The Thing: Enhanced Widescreen Collector's Edition

    Millennium: The Complete First Season

    Species

    The Deadly Spawn

    Fire In The Sky

    The It's Alive Trilogy

    Friday The Thirteenth: Ultimate Collection

    The Hunger (1983)

    He Knows You're Alone

    Splatter University

    Angel Heart: Special Edition

    The Night Stalker & The Night Strangler: Double Feature

    All of MGM's Midnight Movies on DVD!

    Happy Halloween!

    Genre Online.Net: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More!

    http://www.genreonline.net

    Please drop by and visit. Thank you.
    Writer R5, Oct 29, 2004