    $16. Is this a safe alternative?

    See link below:

    http://store.yahoo.com/sterlingtek/cannbbatpace.html
    AlanRab, Jul 11, 2003

  2. AlanRab

    Matt Guest

    "AlanRab" <> wrote in message
    news:muoPa.31415$H17.9690@sccrnsc02...
    > Just got a new Canon Powershot S50. The manual urges you to only buy Canon
    > L-ion batteries (big surprise). I can buy a generic replacement that

    claims
    > to be 600 mah (vs. 570 of original equipment battery) and sells for under
    > $16. Is this a safe alternative?
    >
    > See link below:
    >
    > http://store.yahoo.com/sterlingtek/cannbbatpace.html

    Oh wow! You will save a bunch of money. If you trust this brand then it
    looks like a good deal. I would shop around for even higher mAh capacities.
    You don't "have" to use a Canon battery. Canon just wants you to buy theirs.

    Matt
    Matt, Jul 11, 2003

  3. AlanRab

    Cliff Guest

    I have the Coolpix 4500 which also uses Li-Ion battery. I bought a cheapy
    off Ebay - Chinese made. Works fine. Hasn't blown up my camera. It may need
    recharging more often but isn't so apparent as to be nuisance.

    Cliff

    Cliff, Jul 11, 2003
  4. AlanRab

    Lionel Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:34:10 GMT, in <muoPa.31415$H17.9690@sccrnsc02>,
    "AlanRab" <> said:

    >Just got a new Canon Powershot S50. The manual urges you to only buy Canon
    >L-ion batteries (big surprise). I can buy a generic replacement that claims
    >to be 600 mah (vs. 570 of original equipment battery) and sells for under
    >$16. Is this a safe alternative?

    I haven't tried that particular one, but I use a generic on my S30,
    which works just as well as the Canon battery.

    Lionel, Jul 12, 2003