    Seismic Data Processor / IT Manager
    Kelman Technologies
    Denver, CO

    wes40oz, Sep 26, 2005

  2. wes40oz

    wes40oz Guest

    also, my system is as follows,

    giga byte GA-K8NXP-SLI
    duel xfx 7800gtx cards in sli mode (490mhz models) although one of them is
    fried, DOA, oh well
    4 GB ocz platinum 3200 memory
    everything water-cooled, used a koolance server case but added 2 extra temp
    controlled radiators

    wes40oz, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Machine check errors are almost always hardware related.

    1.) kill any overclocking
    2.) Remove the second video card that's fried. And figure out how it got
    fried.
    3.) cut your ram down to 2gb
    4.) Make sure your CPU cooler is well and properly seated on the CPU, and
    that the mating surfaces have the necessary goop for heat transmission.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 28, 2005
  4. wes40oz

    wes40oz Guest

    killed the over clocking last night, reset bios to optimized defaults but
    set the raid so windows could see the raptor. the graphics board was a DOA
    (also removed from system), getting RMA for it (first DVI only out puts a
    blue picture, annoying) I left the ram the same, right now I am running
    around 79 deg. either way, last night was the first time it has booted in 4
    days, would get BSOD every time or it would just freeze, looked more into it
    windows was saying it was a most likely a bios problem. but no more machine
    check corrected errors, also generic host for win32 services hasn't seemed
    to crash either but I will keep an eye on it

    Note to Everyone though,

    Overclocking in a 64bit OS is usually very unstable and you will not get far
    so it is almost pointless!!!

    read this article,

    thanks Charlie!

    wes

    wes40oz, Sep 28, 2005
  5. Sounds like we made definite progress. Yes, you should be able to leave the
    RAM in there, if it wasn't the problem. And it sounds like it wasn't.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 28, 2005
  6. Re: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services crashes about every 2

    Good morning wes had the same mb fro giga byte probems with booting and
    the win32 generic host proccesssor, i have found mis spelled words in the
    basic input output software wrote three e-mails to GB and to this date I'm
    still waiting for a responce mother board is under the bed and picked up a
    Asus have not had any errors yet just a short coming in 64 bit drivers, and
    is runing over clocked.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGlja3hfNQ==?=, Oct 9, 2005