    it. Any help advice would be most appreciated.

    Thank you

    John

    John Robinson, Mar 11, 2005

  2. John Robinson

    Zuani Guest

    The problem always happens? It has verifies if Outlook Express reproduces
    when executing as another account with "Run as..."?

    Zuani, Mar 12, 2005

  3. Cheers Zuani, I've found the answer on a forum using google.

    John

    John Robinson, Mar 12, 2005
  4. John Robinson

    Zuani Guest

    Hello! You could write the link? Thanks.

    Zuani, Mar 12, 2005
  5. "Zuani" <publicid@"quitar"montevideo.com.uy> wrote in message
    > Hello! You could write the link? Thanks.

    I FOLLOWED THESE INSTRUCTIONS
    1. From the Windows Desktop, click Start, and then click Control Panel. The
    control panel will open.

    2. Double click the Administrative Tools Icon. The admisistrative tools
    window will open.

    3. Double click the the Service Icon. The Services window will open.

    4. Double click the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) icon. The Windows Image
    Acquisition (WIA) Properties (Local Machine( window will open.

    5. On the General tab, click the drop down arrow in the Start up Type box
    and select Disabled.

    6. Click Stop. A window will open with a message stating the service is
    being found. When the message closes, verify the ServiceStatus displays
    Stoped. Repeat this step if necessary.

    7. Click Apply, and then click OK.

    This took care of the problem for me, so I hope it will work for you.

    John Robinson, Mar 12, 2005
  6. John Robinson

    Zuani Guest

    Thanks for the information. With this disabled service, your scanner works
    well?

    mensaje news:1BJYd.905$...

    Zuani, Mar 13, 2005
  7. John Robinson

    Zuani Guest

    It does not concern the previous question: in my case, the trick does not
    work and I continue with the error.
    Many thanks in any case.

    Zuani, Mar 13, 2005
  8. Hi Zuari

    It worked for 2 days but I've just switched on and the error is back. Sorry
    for the misinformation

    Back to the drawing board

    John Robinson, Mar 13, 2005
  9. John Robinson

    Zuani Guest

    I have found the form to reproduce the error of "Generic Host for Process
    Win32 Services" (Svchost.exe) in my computer voluntarily:
    - Beginning session like Administrator, I connect myself to Internet, and I
    consult my mail in the Outlook Express;
    - I close the O.E.;
    - always with the O.E., I consult the mail of a Limited account, with click
    straight "Run As... " introducing name of account and password, and soon I
    close the program;
    - I disconnect of Internet, I extinguish the computer (or resumption), and
    in the following session (or even in the two following ones at the most and
    each one of them), appears the window informing that the mentioned error has
    taken place.
    I have proven if one reproduced with the Internet Explorer, and other two
    programs of third, and not: at the moment I have only verified that the
    error with "Run As..." it is generated with the O.E., connection to Internet
    and executing the option to verify if there are new post office.
    The errors that appear in the Viewfinder of Events are (not always all of
    once): Incorrect deposit 07918338 Id. 1001; Svchost.exe Id.1004; Unknown Id.
    1000; Userenv Id. 1517 "Windows kept the Registry from user x while an
    application or service still was using the Registry during the session
    closing, etc"; and Userenv Id. 1524 "Windows cannot unload its file of the
    Registry of classes still is in use by other applications or services, etc".
    I believe that now it would be necessary to try to delimit the scene: if it
    happened before the updates of W.U. of February; if it happens to other
    applications; if one reproduces in all the machines in which the previous
    steps are followed or no, and, if not outside the case, to see what we have
    in common those that yes we registered this error.
    In my case, one is a XP Home SP2, graphic nVIDIA, ADSL Vitelcom modem, and
    in the O.E. the option is not active in any account to initiate Windows
    Messenger automatically.
    no es la única forma de reproducir el error.
    Técnicamente, por decirlo de alguna manera,. esta forma de reproducir el
    error debe tener alguna validez, al menos como pista para encontrar la causa
    primaria, pero yo no tengo conocimientos para ello. Habrá que continuar
    indagando buscando el nexo entre las máquinas que lo sufren, o esperar que
    alguien con conocimientos aporte luz o proponga algo.
    It is not the only form to reproduce the error. Technically, to say it
    somehow, this form to reproduce the error must have some validity, like
    track to at least find the cause primary, but I do not have knowledge for
    it. It will be necessary to continue investigating looking for the nexus
    between the machines that undergo it, or to hope that somebody with
    knowledge contributes light or proposes something.

    Zuani, Mar 13, 2005
  10. er..... I'm lost with it all. Like you say, we need an expert to intervene.

    John Robinson, Mar 13, 2005
  11. John Robinson

    Zuani Guest

    Another possible track:
    - with aid of the Autoruns de Sysinternals
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml from a session
    initiated like administrator, I stop the services Audio of Windows
    (AudioSrv) and Server (Lanmanserver), and like consequence, in the next
    start it appears the warning of error "Generic Host Process for Win32
    Services" (Svchost.exe Id. 1004 already detailed).
    - directly from Windows (start -> run -> services.msc), I next stop first
    and cancel services above-mentioned both Audio and Server. Next and with
    connection to Internet I open the Outlook Express by means of "Run as..."
    introducing the data of a limited account and consult if there are new
    emails. As it was explained in post previous, always gives back the error of
    "Generic Host for Process Win32 Services" at the start in the following
    session, after executing the O.E. of the form now indicated and with the
    configuration of the services by defect; nevertheless, in this case with
    these two cancel services, no longer the error reproduces (after the test,
    logically I return to leave the services with its original configuration).
    The question continues being the same one but I hope that a little more
    fugitive: as what we have in common in our machines that in certain
    reproducibles actions, enter conflict with AudioSrv and Lanmanserver?
    Personally I do not have a clear idea of hard or software that has more
    possibilities of being the cause, so there will be to continue inquiring and
    testing, and in special, if a participant of the Group thinks more that she
    can center the suspicions before something directly related.
    Greetings.

    Zuani, Mar 14, 2005
  12. John Robinson

    Wizard Guest

    Zuani <publicid@"quitar"montevideo.com.uy> wrote:
    > Another possible track:
    > - with aid of the Autoruns de Sysinternals
    > http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml from a
    > session initiated like administrator, I stop the services Audio of
    > Windows (AudioSrv) and Server (Lanmanserver), and like consequence,
    > in the next start it appears the warning of error "Generic Host
    > Process for Win32 Services" (Svchost.exe Id. 1004 already detailed).
    > - directly from Windows (start -> run -> services.msc), I next stop
    > first and cancel services above-mentioned both Audio and Server. Next
    > and with connection to Internet I open the Outlook Express by means
    > of "Run as..." introducing the data of a limited account and consult
    > if there are new emails. As it was explained in post previous, always
    > gives back the error of "Generic Host for Process Win32 Services" at
    > the start in the following session, after executing the O.E. of the
    > form now indicated and with the configuration of the services by
    > defect; nevertheless, in this case with these two cancel services, no
    > longer the error reproduces (after the test, logically I return to
    > leave the services with its original configuration). The question
    > continues being the same one but I hope that a little more fugitive:
    > as what we have in common in our machines that in certain
    > reproducibles actions, enter conflict with AudioSrv and Lanmanserver?
    > Personally I do not have a clear idea of hard or software that has
    > more possibilities of being the cause, so there will be to continue
    > inquiring and testing, and in special, if a participant of the Group
    > thinks more that she can center the suspicions before something
    > directly related.

    A cock sucker betwixt a skullfucker is spoilt. Now and then, a prating idiot
    penetrates a garbage can. Indeed, an adenoid aloft the haberdasher offends a
    mankhead. Indeed, a priapic honkey conceals a barnacle.

    Many times the hard-boiled egg trembles, but a disgraceful budgie
    periodically erodes a prostate gland towards the hippy. Any arseball can
    hide a grunter amongst a female internal reproductive organ, but it takes a
    real shoplifter to videlicet flip the toilet cleaner while a fusspot.

    Indeed, a murmuring chode doctor erodes a varlet long a head louse. A
    beetle-browed hooligan fears a gospel singer.

    Wizard, Mar 14, 2005
  13. John Robinson

    Wizard Guest

    Zuani <publicid@"quitar"montevideo.com.uy> wrote:
    > Anuthuhr possible track: - with aid uh thuh Autuhruns de Sysinnernals
    > http://www.sysinnernals. *spit*com/ntw2k/freeware/autuhruns. *spit*shtml
    > frum a session initiated like administratuhr, Ah stuhp thuh services Audio
    > uh Windows (AudioSrv) an' Server (Lamanserver), an' like consequence, in
    > thuh next start it appears thuh warnin' uh error "Generic Host Process fer
    > Win32 Services" (Svchost.exe Id. *burp* 1004 already detailed). - directly
    > frum Windows (start -run -services. *spit*msc), Ah next stuhp first an'
    > kincel services above-menshuned both Audio an' Server. KnowwhutImean? Next
    > an' with connecshun tuh Internet Ah open thuh Outlook 'Spress by means uh
    > "Run as. *spit*.." introducin' thuh data uh a limited account an' consult
    > if'n thuhre are new emails. *spit* As it wuz 'splained in post prevyus,
    > always gives back thuh error uh "Generic Host fer Process Win32 Services"
    > at thuh start in thuh followin' session, after executin' thuh O.E. uh thuh
    > ferm now indicated an' with thuh configurashun uh thuh services by defect;
    > neverthuhless, in this here case with thuhse two kincel services, no
    > longer thuh error reproduces (after thuh test, lawgik'ly Ah return tuh
    > leave thuh services with its original configurashun). The queschun
    > continyas bein' thuh same one but Ah hope that a little mo fugitive: as
    > whut we have in common in our machines that in certain reproducibles
    > acshuns, inner conflict with AudioSrv an' Lamanserver? Personally Ah do
    > not have a clear idea uh hard ore suhtware that has mo possibilities uh
    > bein' thuh cause, so thuhre will be tuh continya inquirang an' testin',
    > an' in special, if'n a participant uh thuh Group thanks mo that she kin
    > cinner thuh suspicions afere sump'm directly related. *burp* Greetin's.
    > *spit*

    Eh?

    Wizard, Mar 14, 2005