    follows but the whole adress is suppose to br
    underlined can you tell me how to do this please as i am new to a computer
    and i cant send it thanx debbie lawson.

    DEBORAH Lawson, Oct 12, 2007

  2. DEBORAH Lawson

    Guest

    On Oct 12, 3:44 am, "DEBORAH Lawson" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi
    > My name is debbie lawson and i was wondering i have got an uncle in
    > australia and when i type his email adress in i cant get through it is as
    > follows but the whole adress is suppose to br
    > underlined can you tell me how to do this please as i am new to a computer
    > and i cant send it thanx debbie lawson.

    Hey Debbie,

    When typing an email it can only be inputted a limited way. Letters,
    numbers and limited symbols. When viewing text from web-pages or
    emails you might see web sites and email addresses that are under-
    lined. When an item is underlined it usually means it is a clickable
    link that will you bring you to a website or begin to compose an
    email, these underlined words are called HYPERTEXT. So when you type
    his email address in the TO field just ignore the fact that his name
    is underlined.

    , Oct 12, 2007

  3. DEBORAH Lawson wrote:
    > Hi
    > My name is debbie lawson and i was wondering i have got an uncle in
    > australia and when i type his email adress in i cant get through it is as
    > follows but the whole adress is suppose to br
    > underlined can you tell me how to do this please as i am new to a computer
    > and i cant send it thanx debbie lawson.

    If you addressing the email to him, you don't need to underline it. But
    are you sure about the three dashes in that?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 12, 2007
  4. DEBORAH Lawson

    Ace Hung Guest

    The email address is NOT supposed to be underlined. What program are you
    using to send email to your uncle?

    If you use hotmail, there is no underline. Just select Compose email or
    something like that, type in his email address in the To: field. Type in
    the Subject. Then type your message and press Sent.

    Ace Hung, Oct 12, 2007
  5. DEBORAH Lawson

    samuel Guest

    "DEBORAH Lawson" <> wrote in

    > Hi
    > My name is debbie lawson and i was wondering i have got an
    > uncle in australia and when i type his email adress in i cant
    > get through it is as follows but
    > the whole adress is suppose to br underlined can you tell me
    > how to do this please as i am new to a computer and i cant
    > send it thanx debbie lawson.

    underscore ?

    or

    samuel, Oct 12, 2007
  6. DEBORAH Lawson

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 07:44:16 +0000, DEBORAH Lawson wrote:

    > Hi
    > My name is debbie lawson and i was wondering i have got an uncle in
    > australia and when i type his email adress in i cant get through it is as
    > follows but the whole adress is suppose to br
    > underlined can you tell me how to do this please as i am new to a computer
    > and i cant send it thanx debbie lawson.

    Jesus. Sometimes the clueless level is so high it's frightening.

    Truly amazing. How do people like this even get through life?

    Dan C, Oct 12, 2007
  7. DEBORAH Lawson

    elaich Guest

    "DEBORAH Lawson" <> wrote in

    > Hi
    > My name is debbie lawson and i was wondering i have got an uncle in
    > australia and when i type his email adress in i cant get through it is
    > as follows but the whole adress is suppose
    > to br underlined can you tell me how to do this please as i am new to
    > a computer and i cant send it thanx debbie lawson.

    Here are some periods for you, as you seem to be fresh out of them.

    A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

    elaich, Oct 12, 2007
  8. DEBORAH Lawson wrote [OH: NTL]:

    > Hi
    > My name is debbie lawson and i was wondering i have got an uncle in
    > australia and when i type his email adress in i cant get through it is as
    > follows but the whole adress is suppose to br
    > underlined can you tell me how to do this please as i am new to a computer
    > and i cant send it thanx debbie lawson.

    E-mail addresses may not contain special characters, therefore you can't
    underline them. Dashes are allowed, but 3 in a row?
    Now, USENET - where you posted to - is not a good place to post your main
    e-mail address to, either. It will be harvested by spambots (automatic
    scripts) and your mailbox may soon be flooded by junk.
    But then, I guess most NTL users are not aware of having written to a public
    space, neither how to read the replies.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 12, 2007
  9. DEBORAH Lawson

    Ace Hung Guest

    The email address is NOT supposed to be underlined. What program are you
    using to send email to your uncle?

    If you use hotmail, there is no underline. Just select Compose email or
    something like that, type in his email address in the To: field. Type in
    the Subject. Then type your message in t

    Ace Hung, Nov 3, 2008