    about, can you come back to it later?

    Can I take a scratch pad with me in the exam? Perhaps to write down
    questions that I need to revisit later.

    Anne, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Anne

    tm bunting Guest

    the exam is done on a pc and you are allowed scratch paper, however they
    will take it off you before you leave.
    Yes you can mark questions and return to them later.
    Read the wording of the questions very carefully.

    "Anne" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking to write the hardware component of the the exam this coming
    > week. I believe I am prepared for it.
    >
    > I do have a couple of quick questions. I haven't seen anything about what
    > the exam is really like. I know it is 80 questions, but is the exam done

    on

    tm bunting, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Anne

    Min Guest

    1.its done on PC console
    2. Yes you can come back on your questions if you doing linear method (USA
    testing is only linear).
    3. No you cant take scratch pad but you will be given one witch you cant
    carry out.

    Min, Apr 24, 2004
  4. Anne

    Anne Guest

    Thanks for the information.

    Since it is done on a pc, is it just one window with all the questions and
    you just have to scroll up and down or is it answer one question, click next
    to go to the next question.

    How do you go back to revisit a question, do you have to just enter the
    question number?

    Anne, Apr 24, 2004
  5. I just completed my A+ this week.
    As the others have said, if you are in the
    U.S. taking the English version of the tests,
    they will be linear.
    That means you will be able to go over the 80 questions
    as much as you like until your 90 minutes runs out.
    The current U.S. English versions of the test are:
    "220-301: A+ 2003 Linear Core Hardware Exam"
    &
    "220-302: A+ 2003 Linear OS Technologies Exam"

    Try to take your time reading the questions carefully,
    but don't take much time answering them on the first pass.
    There will be a check box available at the top of every
    screen to mark the question for review.
    Taking time to read and reread the
    question carefully will help avoid incorrectly
    answering the questions simply due to missing a double negative
    (such as "which of these is not unnecessary...") or overlooking the
    "check all that apply" instruction.
    However, when it comes to pondering which answer is best,
    give yourself the luxury of spare time and try to pick
    an answer quickly on the first pass.
    One of many reasons for this is that often a later question will reveal
    useful information or at least jog your memory with regard to
    some earlier point.

    Mark for Review any question you have any
    unsettling feeling about even if you think you answered it correctly
    but found something in its wording that seemed weird.
    Often on the second or third pass you'll discover that the question
    is using misleading phrases to try to throw you off the topic.
    Don't despair if you seem to be marking a lot of questions for
    review on the first pass. Even with careful reading there's no reason
    you can't answer all 80 questions with your best guess in just over a hour.
    That'll leave you at least 20 minutes to carefully consider the marked
    questions again.

    Most questions make no mention of "Pick two" or "Choose all that apply" etc.
    For these there is only one best answer.
    If you see a multiple choice response that includes a phrase you're
    unfamiliar with
    just scrutinize the other responses more. Often eliminating bad responses
    is enough.

    The exam supervisor will check your picture id and at least one other id.
    There will be a legal form to sign and a sign-in book.
    All your "stuff" should either be left behind (like in your car)
    or you will have to give it to the exam supervisor to lock
    away or hold onto for you. By "stuff," in particular, I mean electronic
    items
    (like cell phones and calculators),
    paper items (notebooks and pads), and most personal items
    that can store stuff (like wallets and purses); though, it's best not to try
    and
    figure out what might be a possible exception to these banned items unless
    you have
    a special need (like medicine, in which case you should let them know ahead
    of time).

    They will provide you with a clean writing
    surface (paper or wax board) and a writing implement
    (that's right, you can't bring your own pens).
    After taking both tests I can tell you I had no real need for the wax sheet
    they gave me.
    It was reassuring to know I could jot a note or two down, but it hardly
    mattered.
    One practical use for this sheet that I've used on other (not Comptia) exams
    it to quickly jot
    down some important route memory items right at the beginning of the exam.
    These bullet type "must remember" items are not that important on Comptia's
    exam, but
    you may already be aware from practice tests you've taken that there are a
    couple things that
    you tend to invert or otherwise mix up in your memory over and over.
    If it's a short list, you might want to try memorizing off a (small) cram
    sheet
    minutes before the exam; then, jot them down on the provided wax sheet just
    after the exam begins.

    Please don't be rattled when a question appears that seems to have nothing
    to do with any part of any
    book you studied. Just calmly do your best as always, eliminating the usual
    one or two really bad answers
    then move on. Know that there may be a couple of "experimental" questions
    on the exam
    that won't even be counted against your score, but there is just no way to
    know which questions these are.
    Scoring is a mystery. No one seems to know for sure what a score means or
    how it's determined.
    Apparently, questions that ask for more than one answer count more in some
    way, but I don't really know.
    If all the questions counted the same (let's say they were all valid,
    choose-one, multiple choice questions)
    then a rough, rule-of-thumb, estimate would be that you need to get 44 of
    the 80 questions correct.
    So, you're doing well if you feel dead certain about 50 questions.
    That means even if you mark 20 to 30 for review, you have an
    excellent chance so long as you budgeted your time well
    enough to really go over those review questions thoroughly.

    Good luck !

    ===============

    J. Q. Etuo, MSCE 2003, A+ 2003, Apr 24, 2004
  6. Anne

    Aaron Guest

    Thanks very much for the great detailed answer. You have a lot of great
    tips in there!

    Aaron

    Aaron, Apr 26, 2004
  7. Anne

    \a:\\\ Guest

    I second that, thanks for the information.

    \a:\\\, Apr 27, 2004
  8. Anne

    James Guest

    The test really was pretty easy. I got certified two weeks ago (took
    both tests same day), and was in and out of the testing center within
    25 minutes. As everyone else says though, you get 90 minutes for each
    part so take your time if you feel the need. Mark the answers you're
    unsure of and come back to them later.

    Funny thing is that the place I went to (VUE) consisted of just two
    small rooms manned by one woman (wommaned?). She only checked one ID,
    which was my expired passport, and didn't ask me to hand over any of
    my personal belongings like my watch, keys, or cellphone. Oh well.

    She did give me a few pieces of blank paper and a pencil, but I only
    used them to doodle while I was reading the questions.

    James

    James, Apr 27, 2004
  9. Anne

    vegetablevn

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Hi,

    Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

    Apart from that, this link below may be useful: Tough interview questions
    Tks again and pls keep posting.

    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
    vegetablevn, Aug 10, 2010