    I am curious if I should try to get certified for the MCAD now or wait till
    ..Net version 2.0 in 2005?

    Thanks
    Mike, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Mike

    Eric Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > I am curious if I should try to get certified for the MCAD now or
    > wait till .Net version 2.0 in 2005?

    There's no word about whether they'll introduce new tests, but even if
    they do, it will take a while before they're approved for the general
    public.

    If you pass the tests now, it's not going to be much harder to pass any
    new test that might come out. And your credit for the current tests
    won't expire.

    Eric
    Eric, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Mike

    Sean Guest

    plus newer versions in the good old software world are always coming out and the wait game can last a lifetime. But more importantly then even that, most companies have so much stuff built on older models that they dont even need people with the newer certifications specfically. Not saying the new certs are not as good as older ones, just saying if you know VB.net you most likely will be developing proffesionally using plain old VB for now.

    Sean, Jun 16, 2004