    direction.

    --
    TR

    Tomr, Jan 20, 2009

  2. "Tomr" <Tom > wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    > I am trying to determine if there would be a particular discussion group
    > where I could post sql query "how to" questions. You see, I am coming up
    > the
    > learning curve. I have a number of books, but sometimes I find that I
    > might
    > have a specific need and am not finding the answer in my reference books.
    > What would be ideal is if I could share my need and/or attempted query
    > with
    > someone and have a very knowledgeable resource steer me in the right
    > direction.

    There is a SQL Server "newusers" discussion forum which would be suitable
    for such questions.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/co...osoft.public.sqlserver.newusers&lang=en&cr=US

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Jan 21, 2009

  3. Tomr

    Tom R Guest

    Thanks ...
    --
    TR

    Tom R, Jan 21, 2009
  4. Tomr

    Tom R Guest

    Hello Lawrence,

    Unfortunately, the link does not get me to where you intend for it to take
    me ... not sure why. But if you can provide me the path from the explorer
    bar on the left ... english/Servers/Server Applications/SQL Server/ ... ?? do
    not see "new users" as an option here. Want to be sure I am posting in the
    proper area. Thanks.
    --
    TR

    Tom R, Jan 21, 2009
  5. "Tom R" <> wrote in message

    >> There is a SQL Server "newusers" discussion forum which would be suitable
    >> for such questions.
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/co...osoft.public.sqlserver.newusers&lang=en&cr=US

    > Unfortunately, the link does not get me to where you intend for it to take
    > me ... not sure why. But if you can provide me the path from the explorer
    > bar on the left ... english/Servers/Server Applications/SQL Server/ ... ??
    > do
    > not see "new users" as an option here. Want to be sure I am posting in
    > the
    > proper area. Thanks.

    Huh..... stupid weblink goes to the home page because somebody didn't
    configure that newsgroup in the web interface!

    All of the available SQL Server groups can be found in this branch of the
    tree:

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Jan 21, 2009